Game Lacks Commitment

VandelayIndustries

Too many rez nodes, too many orgs.  Being apart of a corp, and by extension an alliance in EvE can mean something.  Some fizzle out, some stay for decades.  But DU is seriously lacking loyalty in that department.  Same with your "home" and where you choose to be a citizen of. 

Proposed changes

- 1 org per character

- 1 rez node per character (on static or space construct only)

The Rez node would be a perfect way to actually give meaning to planets, and where you live.   Becoming a 'citizen' of a planet and the gameplay down the road created with that.  If you have your rez node on a tile, you become a citizen of that planet (good to show in the info part where it also shows territories owned).  But here is the kicker to help with cities, groupings etc is that if you have enough people that have their 'Home' and rez node set on a tile, you get certain bonus's.  These can be things with industry, and possibly later even with mining, and anything else cool in the future that gets added.  And if you have enough people, then adjacent tiles can get that bonus (ways to grow your territory and cities).  These can later tie in to possible owning planets, and setting governments, how taxes are applied and who gets them outside aphelias influence.  A reason to call somewhere home, and legit bonuses for grouping up with players, creating cities.  

Edited by VandelayIndustries

Eve just about gets away with 1 org per character by having 3 characters per subscription so you can be part of a multi-player org and still have your own personal service corp, etc.  It also has far better support for transferring assets, etc.  The need to have a personal org in DU (and yes, a lot of players 100% need this, particularly the ones who use multiple characters) would make it very difficult to have 1 org per character in DU.

There's no reason there can't be a 'primary org' or whatever though which you could set to the multi-player corp.

Commitment to org membership don't happen by adding more restrictions or by force.

We need to think about individual player's perspective.

- What benefits I get if I join your org?

That is the only thing what matters.

Atm game lacks features which may enable benefits to org-members.

- Especially RDMS fits badly to org game-play.

Org game-play can only be secondary choice, because org:s need individual players as members. So solo play need to be good, and belonging to org makes it better.

15 hours ago, VandelayIndustries said:

But DU is seriously lacking loyalty

I respect your argument, but I personally do not feel the need for artificial constraints to compel community. For me, the sense of existing community, is one of the main reasons that I am drawn to this game in perpetuity. 

I will draw a parallel here anecdotally. When my son used to complain "I'm bored!" my response was always "then be more interesting!"

If you feel that DU lacks commitment, then find a purpose and commit yourself to it!

On 2/10/2022 at 12:10 PM, VandelayIndustries said:

Proposed changes

- 1 org per character

- 1 rez node per character (on static or space construct only)

Thing is, DU long time ago passed point when it was some kind of seriously social game.

Now its mostly about invidual nerds making some shit alone, running 5 alts, spamming 25 orgs to contain their useless crap only they need. Tordan is like typical example of answers you can expect in this on ground reality.