PANACEA (0.28) UPDATE NOW AVAILABLE - discussion thread

NQ-Wanderer

It is great, however...

I was placing cores, and it appears I need 75 cores for my personal org...and I learned up to 15 cores only (with limit up to 100).
Where will I get another 60 cores slots? From whom, If I am alone in it?

(i noticed it because I CANNOT place a core for org ).

Or NQ will suggest to move all my personal asset to my personal name?

Edit: I had a Legate go rogue and train to 425. Also, math is hard. And we need a way to tell whose legate talents are being applied to things like this. The moment I realized my mistake was when I went into VR (erasing my talents) and my primary org still had 425 max-cores available, but the other two had zero. The other legate I mentioned is only a legate in the primary org, not the other two.

Edit: 5/3 is 350, not 425. 

Thank you,

Tional

Edited by Tional

Thanks NQ!

Just wanted to say that the Mining Unit mini-game is so much snappier now and the transition-skip is great!
It feels like my FPS went up overall, and the sound changes are also nice and crisp i.e. walking on various surfaces and refilling fuel tanks.

I figured out the corp slots and assigned them after a bit of fiddling. I still wish there was a way to see personal construct slots somewhere.

Great work, huzzah!

10 hours ago, NQ-Deckard said:

They are not permanent, if not claimed they will eventually be replaced with a new one in a new location, they do respawn at regular intervals and you can indeed replace their core and repair them before flying them away in the sunset! ;) 

Excellent, this is the exact type of content I was hoping for! A few additional questions about them, if I may.

1. Spawn locations. Randomly anywhere in the solar system? I ask because space is big, and if they don't spawn out in "wild space" (nowhere near, or in between, anything), we should probably know not to waste our time.

2. Do you think it reasonable to only be able to detect said wrecks from 2 SU out? Again, space is big, and a sphere with a diameter of 4 SU feels a lot like a needle in a haystack depending on how many there are out there.

3. How many are typically out there at any given time? Personally I don't want to be tripping over them, but spending a 4-6 hour play session with nothing to show for it is pretty disheartening as well.

4. What goods can we hope to find on board? Anything and everything? Just Ore? Fuel/Warp Cells? Schematics?

5. What level of ship variation will we see? Will there be a chance at L cores out there?

Thanks for the responses!

@NQ-Deckard

I have one more suggestion for the vertex editor. It's a difficult one but would be very helpful:

I would like the ability to move multiple vertices at once, all linked. To be able to shift-select multiple vertices and move them in sync. I understand this would present problems with the displayed coordinates of the vertex and cursor - you can't display coords for multiple vertices of course.

@NQ-Deckard

With the release of the Panacea update, there is the following new rule:

-On Aphelia Territories Regardless of account activity, Constructs parked on Aphelia Territories will be abandoned if not piloted for seven days.

Many players have a Dynamic Core at the pick up/drop off points since they have multiple mission participants. Due to the range of 2km in which you can do the missions, it is unfortunately not possible to get a tile. My suggestion would be to increase the range to 6km. So everyone should have the chance to get a tile within reach.

For players with a lot of alts, the new rule is irrelevant, but for everyone else it will make them stop flying missions. 

NQ please address the lag and the slowdown people are seeing since Panacea. Some are seeing up to 80% slowdown in atmosphere, where you'll be cruising along at 1000 km/h according to the UI, but if you make a lua script that compares position versus time, then it shows you're moving at downwards of 200 km/h (while cruising)...

Also my fans spin up whenever I'm piloting my hauler, and my FPS tanks. In addition to the slowdown mentioned above... I used to only see this slowdown/lag on Thades, but now I see it on Alioth too, and I am not alone.

People have been reporting it on the Discord for a day or two now, but there's radio silence from the NQ staff that typically hang out and keep an eye on us.

4 minutes ago, Jinxed said:

What is the difference between core elements and core units?

The core unit is an element, I think he's just specifying that you need to spend a new core unit, to replace the old/broken/dead core unit.

Hi @Mncdk1,

Construct speed loss

On 2/10/2022 at 7:47 PM, Mncdk1 said:

NQ please address the lag and the slowdown people are seeing since Panacea. Some are seeing up to 80% slowdown in atmosphere, where you'll be cruising along at 1000 km/h according to the UI, but if you make a lua script that compares position versus time, then it shows you're moving at downwards of 200 km/h (while cruising)...

We are well aware of this problem. When we don't speak up yet, it is usually because we are still analyzing the problem. We need to find out the reason of the problem and how to solve it before promising any fix or date.

However, if it can reassure you, as @NQ-Deckard announced on Discord, we think we have identified the problem and have a fix in the pipeline. See below the full announce posted on Discord.

Hello everyone, a little update before I end my day.

We are still working on the issue regarding construct speed, we believe we may have a solution in the pipeline. And as the issue is actually quite old (Yes, the same thing was present in Demeter apparently, however not quite as noticeable) it will take some time for us to develop and test a fix as that will provide a more permanent solution to the longstanding issue. 

We hope to have it resolved for you early next week.

In the meantime, I wish you all a wonderful weekend.

NQ-Deckard

4 hours ago, NQ-Ligo said:

Hi @Mncdk1,

Construct speed loss

We are well aware of this problem. When we don't speak up yet, it is usually because we are still analyzing the problem. We need to find out the reason of the problem and how to solve it before promising any fix or date.

However, if it can reassure you, as @NQ-Deckard announced on Discord, we think we have identified the problem and have a fix in the pipeline. See below the full announce posted on Discord.

Thanks for responding.

Personally, I would much prefer a
"Hey, we are aware of the issue. We are looking into it, and will report back when we have more information."

message, when you became aware of there being a real problem.

That way, the community isn't left with radio silence for 2 full days, while you do some digging. I appreciate that you're _probably_ looking at things behind the scenes, before you make any announcements, but a simple, and early, "we're looking into it" would be preferred. Thanks.

Please can you turn off the massive tool, hand and radiating distortion field that covers half of the screen?

it makes placing things accurately impossible without fudging around. 

Why would anyone place an obstruction in a UI that literally (I mean literally in a literal sense, not a millennial sense) covers the work area?

Separate issue I’m having, but could you remove the bass frequencies from force fields’ sound. They are far, far too loud and resonant now. 

I find their sound to be pretty awful. 

1 minute ago, CptLoRes said:

You still have effect sounds turned on? I gave that up long time ago with all the constant noise pollution in the game.

I usually only turn them off when I'm doing a large factory build. the 3D printers' sounds are like.... what's the opposite of ASMR?  They're like that.

Anyways.. Not all is bad. The MU mini game is now much more tolerable. With animations skipped and the increased speed, it now actually becomes a game where you compete with yourself to see how fast you can complete the task, instead of click, wait, wait, click, wait, wait.... wait.. click.. and so on.

On 2/13/2022 at 7:33 PM, CptLoRes said:

Anyways.. Not all is bad. The MU mini game is now much more tolerable. With animations skipped and the increased speed, it now actually becomes a game where you compete with yourself to see how fast you can complete the task, instead of click, wait, wait, click, wait, wait.... wait.. click.. and so on.

This is the second time I've seen a post on skipping animations... Is it a setting or do I just press escape or something?
Is it already in game?

on the calibration screen right after pressing start you click the X right away, that will give you the calibration bonus but skip the tedious minigame.

click X right after pressing start, if you are to slow the game will start.

5 hours ago, Jinxed said:

This is the second time I've seen a post on skipping animations... Is it a setting or do I just press escape or something?
Is it already in game?

Yes, just after you start calibration there is now a checkbox to skip most of the animations. Scanning actions are also quicker.

11 hours ago, Kurosawa said:

on the calibration screen right after pressing start you click the X right away, that will give you the calibration bonus but skip the tedious minigame.

click X right after pressing start, if you are to slow the game will start.

Ah. Ok. I misunderstood. I thought I could do the mini game without the tedious animations.  

just click and the circle appears. Select final point and immediately get the 97-98% or whatever. 

I do know though that as soon as the final location is chosen and locked in and the %age appears you can press escape and don’t have to go through three screens of nonsense by clicking the close buttons.

Even the drop destination is correctly set. 

• 3 weeks later...