Decided to test asteroid mining and it's much worse than I thought...

Namcigam

1 hour ago, OrionSteed said:

I LOVE asteroid mining.  I've mined ores I never had access to before because of it.  If they didn't have asteroid mining, I'd have very little to do. There are what I feel tactics to it all which I won't delve into here, but you should be able to mitigate attacks.

If you can develop a asteroid mining strategy, you'd see that it's a million times better than MU's...I only use MU's for Tier 1 ore now. I hope they don't change a thing.

I think I would enjoy mining asteroids if they didn't broadcast the location the amount of ore on a asteroid is pretty decent for one player but broadcasting the location that I took the time to scan seems dubious and is a deal breaker for me personally. Broadcasting the ones in the safe zone is cool because new players can participate with out all the investment but you may need more asteroids for that to work well.

Edited by Namcigam
typo

1 hour ago, blundertwink said:

Hmm, vexing. Because PvP can't be discussed for five seconds before someone is calling someone else a "carebear" for articulating an opinion...I don't see many personal insults in the other direction (not as frequently anyway)...but regardless, childish behavior makes you look deeply stupid no matter your perspective. 

That said, I do agree that NQ has spent the vast majority of their time not developing PvP...and that's really the most fundamental issue with PvP. NQ just hasn't developed it.

The problem is that we quickly know when a player makes proposals for PvP when he hasn't made an effort in the current game system.

For example when a player asks what we can pilot and use weapons at the same time.
This is what players who are doing PvP today are already doing every day.
So imagine a little frustration when NQ does nothing and the forums are flooded with delusional proposals without any basis and connection with the reality of the game in its current state.

On a personal note, I try to remain cordial, but we quickly become acid from reading opinions every day from players wanting to revolutionize the PvP of the game when they really don't know what they're talking about.
Especially when NQ has been ignoring some or all of the PvP community for several years.

(and the worst part is when those same players accuse PvP of using all the NQ development time for their stuff)

1 hour ago, blundertwink said:

That said, I do agree that NQ has spent the vast majority of their time not developing PvP...and that's really the most fundamental issue with PvP. NQ just hasn't developed it.

Agreed. But sadly the same can also be said for most other parts of this game.

In fact the only good part that feels somewhat complete is building. And that was mostly made during the 4 silent years of dev before the kickstarter, and is even now mostly unchanged from how it was presented to us during pre-alpha tests in 2017. So the development pace of this game has been... glacial.

34 minutes ago, Knight-Sevy said:

Especially when NQ has been ignoring some or all of the PvP community for several years.

If it is any consolation you can take comfort in that feeling ignored by NQ is universal for all types of DU players. Including back when first wave players where doing pre-alpha testing with the main purpose of giving NQ feedback.

NQ has always been marching to the beat of their own drum, for good and bad. But mostly bad...

Just now, CptLoRes said:

If it is any consolation you can take comfort in that feeling ignored by NQ is universal for all types of DU players. Including back when first wave players where doing pre-alpha testing with the main purpose of giving NQ feedback.

I knew I was feeding myself to the lions when I made this original thread but look at how much feedback it generated! I do hope the staff reads all of this stuff there is a ton of information in there from both sides they need to use it and figure some things out. Hopefully they will. 

To be fair, there are now strong indications that NQ is starting to do better and interacting with the community.

But not that long ago they where mostly known for their silence, never acknowledging any type of feedback to the point you could count monthly NQ posts and replies on one or two hands at best.. And that is not an environment that breeds goodwill towards the game.

I don't consider it super fair to act like nothing happened in 8 years. What happened under NDA I consider prototyping. Yes it's an unconventional developpment cycle, but given that they're doing an MMO it's understandable why the prototype went through more hands. If anything I'd start counting from the day the servers became permanent. And even if you don't I can point you to a bunch of ambitious titles that started selling in the early teens and they're not getting half the hate, eventhough their netcode still struggles on anything but local coop.