Decided to test asteroid mining and it's much worse than I thought...

Namcigam

• Namcigam changed the title to Decided to test asteroid mining and it's much worse than I thought...

The problem is the middle column,  as soon as you land it shows up there, and they just track that asteroid, if it hadn't already been pre-scanned and not landed on.  It is somewhat safe if you only stay there as long as the time it takes to get to the asteroid from the closest warpable( I usually stay for the time to the first waypoint - 5 minutes) or go to asteroids that have been discovered for several days.

6 minutes ago, Rahzig said:

The problem is the middle column,  as soon as you land it shows up there, and they just track that asteroid, if it hadn't already been pre-scanned and not landed on.  It is somewhat safe if you only stay there as long as the time it takes to get to the asteroid from the closest warpable( I usually stay for the time to the first waypoint - 5 minutes) or go to asteroids that have been discovered for several days.

Yeah that on purpose the one part of the carrot on a stick I was aware of the other part 2 hours that's enough time to get caught not enough time to mine.

You can track the asteroid to it's location and go wait just outside of radar range. No one will know you ar etere or that you already tracked the asteroid.. only once someone lands on it does it get "discovered"

As as the distance between  the 5th location and the asteroid is usually less than 1SU, even that is enough to be close enough to just come in and wreck whoever landed.

The whole mechanic is just badly designed unless the intent is to allow PVP players to know someone landed and go pewpew.

Indeed the purpose of mining is a ruse I kinda knew that but I thought f*&^% it and gave a shot that was poor judgement on my part I knew better & did it anyways ... It's ironic because I thought 4 hours was too short but 2 hours lol w/e I won't be doing that again. The scales are tipped the powers that be are rooting for goliath David must go down. 

Just mine in the safe zone? I don’t get it?

Oh but you want the high tier ore? Then you have to take the risk and defend yourself. Or go with a ship you don’t mind loosing. That’s the trade off.

It’s like the carebears in this game have only ever played minecraft type games. Computer games often involve competitive play, with risks and trade offs, this game includes pvp as a selling point, so accept it, or just never leave the safe zone.

1 hour ago, Namcigam said:

The broadcast timer was supposed to 4 hours and it looks to me like it was 2 hours so, yeah that will be my first and last asteroid mining death. Shady on top of shady...

You didnt have your shield on, and furthermore, you were trying to build on that roid. You had mining units and a host of other crap that you didnt need for mining. What did you expect?

When we go mining we bring a mining ship and a few S core defenders just in case.  Usually roids we go to we work out how long it takes us to get there so we know thats roughly how long we got till perhaps someone will turn up.

A better alternative is go to pre-discovered as people less likely to go back to those.

Good luck see you in game soon!

Honvik

Premier of the Empire

13 minutes ago, Imperious451 said:

You didnt have your shield on, and furthermore, you were trying to build on that roid. You had mining units and a host of other crap that you didnt need for mining. What did you expect?

No, I was on my way back from from tearing down a base and boredom got the best of me but Congrats and enjoy the devs seem to think you've earn it...

22 minutes ago, Honvik said:

When we go mining we bring a mining ship and a few S core defenders just in case.  Usually roids we go to we work out how long it takes us to get there so we know thats roughly how long we got till perhaps someone will turn up.

A better alternative is go to pre-discovered as people less likely to go back to those.

Good luck see you in game soon!

Honvik

Premier of the Empire

Thank you for the advice, I appreciate that but I seriously doubt I will ever do that again it shouldn't have happened in the first place. I got bored and mind started wondering and I made a bad decision it happens. I take full responsibility. I'm obviously disappointed but the player that shot me down was doing what he's allowed to do. My problem is directly with the developers. I wouldn't done that if they haven't starved us of resources which is the point right? it's incredibly vexing

8 minutes ago, Namcigam said:

Thank you for the advice, I appreciate that but I seriously doubt I will ever do that again it shouldn't have happened in the first place. I got bored and mind started wondering and I made a bad decision it happens. I take full responsibility. I'm obviously disappointed but the player that shot me down was doing what he's allowed to do. My problem is directly with the developers. I wouldn't done that if they haven't starved us of resources which is the point right? it's incredibly vexing

It happens my friend, iv been cored more times then i can remember at roid. If done correctly you can stand to still make millions. Just remember, NEVER take stuff out into PvP space that your not afraid to lose. 

Blatantly catering one play style at the cost of the others...what could go wrong? They keep this up they will chase away builders which if I was betting man out number the pvp players significantly. They are going to niche their way to failure. I'm going to wait and see what happens, If this game continues to go down this path I will find another game to play, those companies like money too. I won't be the first and I definitely won't be the last. They act as if they underestimated the ore change but that was intentional. There no data to review that's deliberate smoke and mirrors. Once thing rings true we do need more to do in this game but serving up part of player base to be sacrificed isn't the answer, It's a road ruin I guarantee it. 

4 hours ago, Namcigam said:

Blatantly catering one play style at the cost of the others...what could go wrong?

The irony in this statement is hilarious.  The game is 100% completely catering to the NON PVP play style.  There is Literally nothing In the pvp zone that isn't in the safe zone. Every planet is a safe zone. The SINGLE thing that resides in the pvp zone.....is also in the safe zone, so you can completely by pass the pvp zone and get the T5.  

Edited by VandelayIndustries

4 hours ago, VandelayIndustries said:

The irony in this statement is hilarious.  The game is 100% completely catering to the NON PVP play style.  There is Literally nothing In the pvp zone that isn't in the safe zone. Every planet is a safe zone. The SINGLE thing that resides in the pvp zone.....is also in the safe zone, so you can completely by pass the pvp zone and get the T5.  

This. 

One side of this debate are ok with there being two areas to cater for both play styles.

The other side of this debate will only be happy with absolutely no compromise to their own playstyle. 

As I have said many times now, the entire asteroid broadcast system is designed to force players to engage in PvP. And when a game has to resort to such tactics to get players to PvP, you know it has serious design problems.

1 minute ago, CptLoRes said:

As I have said many times now, the entire asteroid broadcast system is designed to force players to engage in PvP. And when a game has to resort to such tactics to get players to PvP, you know it has serious design problems.

There are asteroids in the safe zone as well.

Am I playing a different game?

It's not about not having any risk at all, but about having a reasonable chance of avoiding PvP if you use some smarts and tactics.

Right now you don't see any PvP'er complaining about the broadcast system, and that is because they are holding all the cards.

Just now, CptLoRes said:

It's not about not having any risk at all, but about having a reasonable chance of avoiding PvP if you use some smarts and tactics.

Lots of opportunity for that, people just don’t want to come up with or bother to deal with the tactics required.

14 minutes ago, CptLoRes said:

Right now you don't see any PvP'er complaining about the broadcast system, and that is because they are holding all the cards.

Once again nice joke to read this. 

As if it was exclusively the PvP players fault that the game was badly made. 

It's really uneasiness.

1 hour ago, Shredder said:

Lots of opportunity for that, people just don’t want to come up with or bother to deal with the tactics required.

And PvP'ers almost literally being told by the game where people are mining is not lazy?