Developer team reply to Core Slots limitation v2 Community feedback - discussion thread

NQ-Nyzaltar

Why add slot limits, which caused the player base to panic or even quit, if NQ is going to wipe on release?

Sometimes it's mind blowing how out of touch the communication is and how blind they can be to the hardwork of the players.

2 hours ago, space_man said:

Why add slot limits, which caused the player base to panic or even quit, if NQ is going to wipe on release?

Sometimes it's mind blowing how out of touch the communication is and how blind they can be to the hardwork of the players.

It's funny what players sometimes have for thought processes.

The limitation of the core slots is of course for the future and completely independent of whether a wipe comes or not.

On 3/24/2022 at 9:05 PM, PotatoMart said:

It's funny what players sometimes have for thought processes.

The limitation of the core slots is of course for the future and completely independent of whether a wipe comes or not.

if there was going to be a wipe, then they would have waited to break the bad news, aka release time. 

if there was not going to be a wipe, then they would need to push this update once it was ready. 

that is my thought process. 

my current thoughts specific to the wipe are in other threads. 

10 hours ago, space_man said:

if there was going to be a wipe, then they would have waited to break the bad news, aka release time. 

if there was not going to be a wipe, then they would need to push this update once it was ready.

NQ has a long history of making such mistakes, simply because they have not planned the optimal order of operations in advance as a consequence of not having a true master plan/roadmap for the game.

I.e they are just taking it one step at the time, making it up as they go along.. Or at least that is the impression we get based on how they operate.

For me this system cannot work in the long term. The whole economy of the game starts and revolves around mineral resources everything else is a derivative, although there is also a mission system, very underdeveloped at the moment. Personally I would have renounced the concept of land ownership and would have shifted its implications on the buildings by leaving the latter as it is, that is with the core system and apart from the purple marked areas that belong to the system, I would have left the lands completely free. to be occupied by extracting buildings etc. following this simple scheme: Each core placed on land according to its size has a cost in terms of taxes as long as the taxes are paid what the core contains and the core itself is 100% functional when the taxes they are not paid for any reason, the structure in principle becomes inactive at a later time it is forcibly removed from the system, with everything in it. During the period of suspension from the payment of taxes they continue to accumulate so that a player who wants to redeem his property will have to pay the entire sum accumulated up to then. After the limit period the construction is lost. The resource allocation system obtainable from the extractors must be random on all planets and change cyclically every week or 2 in such a way that no monopolies of resources are created, their location must from time to time be localized through scans and the their variable extractable amount. I believe that such a system would solve a number of present and future problems.

9 hours ago, Neuritico said:

For me this system cannot work in the long term. The whole economy of the game starts and revolves around mineral resources everything else is a derivative, although there is also a mission system, very underdeveloped at the moment. Personally I would have renounced the concept of land ownership and would have shifted its implications on the buildings by leaving the latter as it is, that is with the core system and apart from the purple marked areas that belong to the system, I would have left the lands completely free. to be occupied by extracting buildings etc. following this simple scheme: Each core placed on land according to its size has a cost in terms of taxes as long as the taxes are paid what the core contains and the core itself is 100% functional when the taxes they are not paid for any reason, the structure in principle becomes inactive at a later time it is forcibly removed from the system, with everything in it. During the period of suspension from the payment of taxes they continue to accumulate so that a player who wants to redeem his property will have to pay the entire sum accumulated up to then. After the limit period the construction is lost. The resource allocation system obtainable from the extractors must be random on all planets and change cyclically every week or 2 in such a way that no monopolies of resources are created, their location must from time to time be localized through scans and the their variable extractable amount. I believe that such a system would solve a number of present and future problems.

Reseeding tiles every two weeks, what kinda crazy amount of scanning and setup do you want to do? Not to mention the amount of tear down and setup on a static core, and the nerfs to calibration ramp up... Heck no, that is just too much work.

11 hours ago, space_man said:

Reseeding tiles every two weeks, what kinda crazy amount of scanning and setup do you want to do? Not to mention the amount of tear down and setup on a static core, and the nerfs to calibration ramp up... Heck no, that is just too much work.

Something most similar to this:

1) no static spawn of resources so no matter if you take the best spot as it would change after 1 or 2 weeks

2) a new player who decide to subscribe the game after 5 years from game release got same chances of veteran players to find and gather resources he wants he needs.

3) the possibility of seeing entire moons occupied by individual organizations will disappear (your private area will be delimited from editing contruct area) so everyone can find is own space everywhere and change it again and again. 

4) improves population distribution among planets preventing single overcrowded areas and many desert areas. Less chances to see a single market working as District 6 on Alioth or Jita in EVE online. 

personally of the extractors I would change the concept of calibration, instead of the appearance of stones with a greater amount of resources to be collected, I would replace it with a bonus of the extractors in the extraction phase and obviously I would also review the manual collection of surface resources; the sight of planets completely filled with colored stones is a graphic obscenity as well as being a soporific activity that I really believe very few have carried out seriously on their territories. Arrange talents associated with surface resource gathering.