Amount of ore is bad

Wargearer

Hey  guis ,right now the amount  ore from mining units is very bad , my self i cant even supply with basic my factories!!!! Devs lift up amount of ore to 10000L per hour as is done in many other projects like no man sky ,starbase end so on ,we dont have to live in game ! right now i coming to game like for work after work is no fun, dont know how long i survive in the dimeter but you make my worst nightmare true ,i hope Du guis see topic before is to late. 

Edited by Wargearer

5 hours ago, Namcigam said:

Wow you just proved my point %99 of the player base doesn't have time to work 14 territories...

I'm maintaining 28 territories.   I worked out a schedule where i spend maybe 10mins a day calibrating MUs, and an hour or two on weekends picking up ore from the outer planets and warping it back to Alioth.

It's really not that much work.  i never gather the rocks, and i only play the mini game if i absolutely need the bonus calibration.  And i still skip it sometimes if i'm not in the mood.

A little effort results in a little ore.  More effort results in more ore.  It's really up to you how much time you want to spend doing it.

This. I spend no more than 10 minutes a day calibrating MU on my 14 territories. And I havnt been efficient enough to bother with a schedule.

Then every two weeks I fly with my big hauler to alioth to sell.

People obviously arnt calibrating properly. Do people even realise you DONT need to harvest the surface rocks, and DONT need to play the calibration mini game???? Just skip it!!

So 28 hexes is the new meta, how does that work with the core reduction NQ is doing ?

as a casual player i do not mind being relocated to sanct and get less, but if i have to wait hours for the MU cycle just to build a basic screw i also dont mind quitting the game = less money for NQ.

(exaggeration might occur)

6 hours ago, Atmosph3rik said:

I'm maintaining 28 territories.   I worked out a schedule where i spend maybe 10mins a day calibrating MUs, and an hour or two on weekends picking up ore from the outer planets and warping it back to Alioth.

It's really not that much work.  i never gather the rocks, and i only play the mini game if i absolutely need the bonus calibration.  And i still skip it sometimes if i'm not in the mood.

A little effort results in a little ore.  More effort results in more ore.  It's really up to you how much time you want to spend doing it.

Yeah I understand that but do you consider that fun? because I consider that work a lot of work and some of this has to be my fault. I'm slow I guess calibrating 4 mu on one tile takes me 10 mins but for me the most annoying thing of all is they could have made these work like everything else like a refiner... Maybe I'm wrong it wouldn't be the first time and I'm fairly good at being wrong but this seems like an extreme amount of time to spend on something I don't want to do i don't find it enjoyable its a means to an end I need ore so I can do what I want to in the game. the game being mostly spent on ore management sounds really bad to me I'm more frugal then others too because I go through this game like pay check to pay check I don't have large amounts of anything. the classic way of mining I wasn't that fond of it either but it was like 1000 times more efficient what what's goin on now maybe even higher than 1,000 times it's basically one mouse click of ore per hour per mu I call that a huge problem I know they are going to change it they need time and data but my point is it's not fun to me and I think too many hoops to jump through and too many time sinks and a trickle of resources these to me are the ingredients that make this boring for a lot of people and many people will quit and play something else. I'm just trying to warn them of this looming threat It often feels like that movie don't look up lol I'm not trying take anything away from you it sounds like you run circles around me with your time management skills that's just not what I want to do with my game time and it frustrates me greatly.

1 minute ago, Namcigam said:

Yeah I understand that but do you consider that fun? because I consider that work a lot of work and some of this has to be my fault. I'm slow I guess calibrating 4 mu on one tile takes me 10 mins but for me the most annoying thing of all is they could have made these work like everything else like a refiner... Maybe I'm wrong it wouldn't be the first time and I'm fairly good at being wrong but this seems like an extreme amount of time to spend on something I don't want to do i don't find it enjoyable its a means to an end I need ore so I can do what I want to in the game. the game being mostly spent on ore management sounds really bad to me I'm more frugal then others too because I go through this game like pay check to pay check I don't have large amounts of anything. the classic way of mining I wasn't that fond of it either but it was like 1000 times more efficient what what's goin on now maybe even higher than 1,000 times it's basically one mouse click of ore per hour per mu I call that a huge problem I know they are going to change it they need time and data but my point is it's not fun to me and I think too many hoops to jump through and too many time sinks and a trickle of resources these to me are the ingredients that make this boring for a lot of people and many people will quit and play something else. I'm just trying to warn them of this looming threat It often feels like that movie don't look up lol I'm not trying take anything away from you it sounds like you run circles around me with your time management skills that's just not what I want to do with my game time and it frustrates me greatly.

I personally consider the 10 minutes I spend per day calibrating, to be far more fun than endlessly clicking right click for hours on a mega node. Vastly vastly more fun. 

They give ore every hour while you are afk and you don't find that enough?

Decidedly there will always be eternal insastifait.

By spending 2 x 10 minutes per week on one of my accounts, that's 750,000 liters of ore per week.

With the old mining technique, it was not 20 minutes that I needed to have this amount of resource but several hours!

If you want more ore, you have to earn it (either regular mining or using alts). Put the means in front of your ambitions.

And if you want to know what I personally think of resource production?
I think it's massive, but I'm not asking for it to be reduced either.
My personal monthly consumption on DU must be 150,000 liters of ore.
It goes without saying that 90% of my total production (many alt ect..) goes into the stocks of our organization and that we no longer really know what to do with all this ore.

Yeah it's really weird how people dont get that...

"you know how much I could mine by hand in 20minutes?"

"i know, do you know how long one would need to grind to earn the same amount of ore than gained by a week, a month or year with MU?"

I easily made as much ore, if not more, since the MU dropped, apparantly im not even minmaxing im far from 28tiles per account, than in hundreds of hours of grind, and yeah I had more than one meganode and yeah it wasn't that fun to mine a meganode.

SMH in utter confusion.

I have 4 spots on Alioth with 3 territories each. Each spot is for one of the T1..  as you now stay at full calibration for three days I have one character who just goes around each site in VR to calibrate and stay at 100 every three days, 12MU per site. Then once a week I fly to each, pickup ore and sell what I do not need. I get T2 and T3 from asteroids in Safezone, do not need T4 so I sell that and buy any additional T2 (mostly) I may need..

Overall.. Saturdays is Asteroid day and I guess I spend maybe 2-3 hours per week on the mining units and managing stock.

5 hours ago, Namcigam said:

The part where i'm doing the actual calibrations is no fun at all.  Having enough ore and quanta to do what i want in game, is fun though.  But to have fun with the ore and the quanta, it has to have value in the game.  And to have value, it has to be hard to get.  So the part that's not fun, is essential to the part that is fun.

When you are calibrating an MU, the moment that you click the START button, you spend one Charge, and immediately receive the base calibration gain.  So as soon as you click the START button, you can immediately click the X in the top right corner to end the mini game.  You don't even have to wait for the screen to finish loading.  Then you have to click a conformation dialog box, then close the main calibration window and you're done.  

If the base calibration isn't enough to get me to 100%, then i'll play the mini game sometimes, but i put very little effort into it.  I drop a large circle in the corner closest to where the drone starts, if the hot spot isn't there i just keep dropping large circles, based on where i think it might be.  If i haven't found it by the 3rd circle, and the location isn't obvious, that usually means it's on the edge somewhere, and i just give up and pick the highest spot visible.  It's just not worth it to me to waste time thinking about the mini game.  I just blast through it and move on, if i do it at all.

My schedule isn't anything fancy or complicated either, i just wrote down the days of the week, Monday thru Sunday, on a piece of paper, and then assigned a cluster of 7 territories to each day.  I have two clusters on Alioth, one on Jego, and one on Lacobus.  I calibrate everything on Alioth in person, and i calibrate the outer planets by VR on workdays, and i pick up ore and calibrate in person on my days off.  There are not enough days in the week to hit all 4 clusters twice, so one day i have to double up, so i try to save a few extra charges for that day.

Pre Demeter i probably spent less time mining.  But i also had a lot less ore and Quanta.  I might have been able to make, in a day, what i make in a week now.  But now i make that every week.  Whether i feel like it or not.  It's a bit more work overall, but it's a system that works better for me.  I like being able to spread out the pain, instead of spending a whole day mining, once a month.  i spend a few minutes every day.

Get with a group of people. Now that they changed the banked calibrations up to 50, It makes it really easy to work with a group of people. Lets say you want to be super lazy and only calibrate every 2 weeks.  3 guys can maintain 50 MU's with each player only calibrating once every 2 weeks. IE the first guy calibrates, then 4 and a half days later the second guy calibrates, the 4 and a half days laster the third guy calibrates then 4 and half days later the 1 guy starts again.  That will get each player roughly 500kl a week for only working a couple mins every two weeks. 

I want to know how all of these people are just spending 10 minutes on up to 28 territories... It takes me several minutes just to reach the territory in an empty ship.

And VR pods dont give you extra recharges or skill buffs, right?
I presume they are not including the travel time... Or they just happen to have a 28 hex contiguous region somewhere.

Just now, Deleted said:

I want to know how all of these people are just spending 10 minutes on up to 28 territories... It takes me several minutes just to reach the territory in an empty ship.

And VR pods dont give you extra recharges or skill buffs, right?
I presume they are not including the travel time... Or they just happen to have a 28 hex contiguous region somewhere.

It takes me 10 mins for my 14 territories, including travel time. But with a bit more organisation I can see how people easily manage 28 in 10 minutes too.

My 10 minutes does include travel time. Here is the brake down: 

My territories are next to each other, in two groups of 7. The mining bases are on the boarders of the territories, so 14 territories is 6 mining bases (2 of the bases are on the corner of three territories). I only mine t1 ore so this is v easy to setup.

Flying between the bases takes all of 15 seconds max in a fast shutttle with 6g acceleration and 15g breaking.

For calibrating the MUs I skip the mini game. So calibrating a MU takes around 10 seconds, the MU are next to eachother so no moving required really. 

I make around 1.6million ore per week.

VR does not give you your efficiency bonus. IE in VR the max calibration gain you could get is 50% increase at 100% scan.  IE if your calibration is at 30% and you get a 100% scan your new calibration is going to be 80%. If you flew to it and you had efficiency skill you could get that to 100%.  However if you VRed over on day 3 when the calibration has droped to say 90%. and you calibrate it then, you dont need to scan down a perfect 100% scan. you could just grab a 20% scan and increase your calibration back up to 100% for the next 3 days. Granted you dont get your bonus skittle ore. But really your either min maxing or desperate if your going after skittles. 

2 minutes ago, Deleted said:

do you actually get the full number of charges?

Yes calibration charge optimization and Calibration charge efficiency Improved calibration charge optimization and improved calibration charge efficiency are the first and only 4 skills to not be affected when you VR.