Waiting and taking the risk starting new projects/builds?

Verliezer

I noticed that more and more I take less initiative to start something new in the game. All changes and the impact of it seems that big, that I am getting more in a waiting mode to see how it all plays out. What will the impact of the precision tool be and what comes next?

I find that I am no longer 'just play' the game, but that I am weighting if it is worthwhile starting a new initiative/project.  Constantly looking for a non-regretable thing to do is not the gameplay I am currently looking for. My guess is that more and more people are reducing their activities due to the uncertainties on what changes are on their way and what the impact will be on the existing gameplay.

Hopefully NQ can give us soon some insights in the roadmap and (major) upcomming changes so we can start play again without having to worry we build it all for nothing ?

I allways erred on the side of caution, measuring my plans against NQ's etc... Never had any "big bad surprises" but I will admit that I didn't "do" a lot yet considering how rich I am (around 350m in quanta and schematics and something between 5-10 million liter ores). I'm basically somewhere between 500-1000h grind deep, and still regularely flying one of my first ships ?.

It seems like common sense to me, but I do understand the frustrations... There is one silver lining though: constant changes means the game is evolving at a decent speed. You got to chill out people, keep some motivation for when the game really launches ☺️.

Ive played a few games that were in development, way before release.

Other than tweaking a little bit here and there, the games mostly added stuff.

It was more like: wow, Im going to upgrade my base/avatar/vehicle with this new cool option!

In this game its the other way around, introducing a game and then take away features.

Better to start small and end big, than to start big and end small.

9 hours ago, Overstimuloredom said:

I allways erred on the side of caution, measuring my plans against NQ's etc... Never had any "big bad surprises" but I will admit that I didn't "do" a lot yet considering how rich I am (around 350m in quanta and schematics and something between 5-10 million liter ores). I'm basically somewhere between 500-1000h grind deep, and still regularely flying one of my first ships ?.

It seems like common sense to me, but I do understand the frustrations... There is one silver lining though: constant changes means the game is evolving at a decent speed. You got to chill out people, keep some motivation for when the game really launches ☺️.

Maybe its true that you better stay away from investing big in this game and wait silently until release.

I am just getting started, but I've got some ambitious ideas. I expect setbacks -that's not going to stop me from moving forward. If everyone sits on their hands the game will really stagnate. I know a lot of the skepticism here is rooted in experience, but I'm not going to borrow trouble from tomorrow. 

I too am waiting. I would like to make & sell ships but a few things prevent me from wanting to. 

-Element "stacking" seems random 

-Voxel complexity seems out of wack and subject to change surely

-The economy is flooded with easy mission cash so it feels pointless to even sell something

-Wipe maybe??

-lack of buyers who even care at this point

Most importantly, who knows how long NQ can keep the lights on.. Why spend over 100-200 hrs making something when they might just nerf it, wipe it, or close shop all on short notice. 

They need us to build a fun universe to attract players but they are currently killing it