NQ - Take my money ......

Verliezer

If all those limited game design decisions are due to cost saving measurements because otherwise NQ will not survive as a company ..... then I would suggest to release the game.

Release the game will make people quit, yes, but also will make more people pay.

Together with a full wipe, which cleans up all non-active constructs and all starting with a clean sheet (so less constructs to start with), will buy NQ time to survive. It would solve so many short term issues. And yes things need to get better for the future.

I think DU is a unique game and I really would like to see it survive, so NQ ....... take my money, I will play (and pay) for 2 accounts. Release and Wipe a.s.a.p.

ps: the new voxel tool brings that existing constructs no longer are aligned with the 'new voxels'. Voxel libraries getting useless and modifying existing constructs can not be done or will be to difficult. This also is another reason to Wipe.

What exactly is so great about DualUniverse? So, in its current or soon to come state? The best content is building via voxels, if you are aware that you are relatively limited in this, depending on how much time you want to put into the game.

We should first clarify what DualUniverse really is and stop chasing the dream of that time. I am sure that so many new players will then no longer be attracted.

7 hours ago, Zarcata said:

What exactly is so great about DualUniverse? So, in its current or soon to come state? The best content is building via voxels, if you are aware that you are relatively limited in this, depending on how much time you want to put into the game.

We should first clarify what DualUniverse really is and stop chasing the dream of that time. I am sure that so many new players will then no longer be attracted.

Tja, everybody might have a different option here :)
I like the voxel building, although there are many improvements possible, I don't know any game which give me the level of freedom that DU gives me.

I like to be able to design and build flying and static constructs, I even like to setup some industry as well. I do would like to see some things around automation possibilities with belts or so but hee, it is ok now.

I even like flying around and collect my ore from the planets where my mining units are placed.

I am not the biggest expert but I haven't seen a game yet that let me do all those things. If you know of one I would be very much interested.

And yes, DU is far from perfect but I hope and expect NQ to develop the game more and more so that in a few years from now we still enjoy a great game.

Honestly NQ should just let people sell anything ingame for RL money. If we put the effort in to mine and do wahtever you should be able to sell parts, elements, voxels, structures, ships, scripts, etc for actual RL $ including accounts. NQ just needs to take their cut of 50/50 or 60/40 for player and studio since people have and will always do this and make money off a game even if the studio wants it to happen or not and should rightfully take their cut vs gold farmers. Studios can either fight the system or embrace it either way they are either burying their head in the sand, or spending resources fighting it, and either way its never going to stop as a multi-billion dollar industry.

On top of that NQ needs to sell fluff items like $1 per 100m of exclusive voxels, Dyes for avatars that glow for $5 to pick tron line luminescent dyes, sell pets, sell XL cores, Sell esclusive Elements, and on and on since instead of spending time on "Recruiting unsuspecting players" into a failing game as a pyramid scheme to get skins they should/could sell them in a fluff shop store to generate additional income since you could sell skins for like $5-10+ that is as simple as flood filling a texture in the albedo layer, renaming it, and calling it one even if NQ says they dont have the time its really that simple and infinitely sellable its just they dont want to spend 15-30 mins to recolor and rename something in a PBR texture to generate income for however long this project lasts.

But also that they should really get it over with and also introduce a full on cash shop as they have broken every promise they have made so why not cash in properly with a P2W model? Sell T6-10 or T6-25 in the sense that you could have better stats and stacked elements you pay for so you dont need 100 wings and instead just x4 T25 wings for like $6-25 a piece to motivate NQ to actually finish making all the missing elements in this game or sell alien tech, anchient mech tech whatever including ship parts, industry Units, Mining Units, Weapons, you name it to actually help develop the game.

Or having Premium Tier subs that have like 5 tiers that cost more that gives free tax breaks for tiles, comes with rations, random Elements of the month from the cash shop/fluff shop, store credit or whatever so people who want to pay more can pay more. Why not give things like more exp to premium subs for talents or offer those people a whole unique talent system that goes up to Rank 5 bsed on the tier of your sub to where everything has 5 ranks of T5 talents?

Or that you can add delux addons like Hey do you want more core slots? You can ala cart as many as you want to pay for like Landmark did. Hey you want your own market place you can pay an extra $50-100 a month depending on size or storage limits in the market that gets added to your sub for the ability to have your own personal market that also generates a % of the sales as income that draws players to a tile for an actual purpose and has reduced market tax only for the owner unless they want to reduce it for the org that can only be reduced by so much. Or like subs now you can get better rates for Delux subs the further out you pay and orgs can do their own paypal campaigns or get the money if they even want to share it with others for perks.

NQ could also rent out persoal solar systems that have an ala carte approach to where for $250 a month you pay for a red dwarf type system with 1 planet that is the size of a moon with the ability to scale it up to more planets, bigger planets, moons, asteroid spawns, ore seeding, and whatever else players want so that the bandwith is covered for running it and ensures that if a org wants their own personal system they can crowdsource the funding or the jump gate just goes poof but is connected to the rest of the game so other players can go there or PvP there and the Org basically owns the whole system and can rent out territory for quanta or $ to whomever they want.

The main thing is NQ cant be afraid to make money on DU and only sticking with a sub model is not going to survive in its current state unless they rush launch which it seems like what is happening and will push more and more players from playing if they do so which is a death vice at this point in quicksand. the more NQ fights the quicker they will sink without actually generating money to both save the game but also to develop it into something ptople might actually want to play and pay for that has a wide variety of ways to give them your money but also that you can make money at the same time.

No doing so or any of this will kill this game faster than NQ's design choices or whatever they think they are doing since its obious at this point its not to develop a game rather than undeveloping and strangling it to death before claiming its feature complete and launched. Until they turn it into anything more than a simple overbloated economy loop with completely optional PvP it will never be more than they continue to undevelop.

I don’t think this game is ready for release -not with the level of tweaks we are going through. I’ve seen a game get released unfinished before.. all the players that won’t play a game during beta? They won’t tolerate an unfinished game either. Anyone remember Vanguard SoH?

To the thread title: YES. I would happily pay $15 monthly for the game in its current state. My entertainment budget is still far less than that of the average non-gamer. If charging more money solves some of the problems NQ has been trying to address, I am on board.

1 hour ago, Hecticus said:

I don’t think this game is ready for release -not with the level of tweaks we are going through. I’ve seen a game get released unfinished before.. all the players that won’t play a game during beta? They won’t tolerate an unfinished game either. Anyone remember Vanguard SoH?

To the thread title: YES. I would happily pay $15 monthly for the game in its current state. My entertainment budget is still far less than that of the average non-gamer. If charging more money solves some of the problems NQ has been trying to address, I am on board.

Many games fail over less than what is going on here with bigger budgets or impatient investors who force a game to be put on the market early to try and recoup their investments or a dwindling budget and a bunch of free loading alpha players who will never pay them a cent having only payed a couple hundred dollars to get he game to this point or the many beta keys they gave out that are eating bandwith until the game gets launched and the few people actually paying subs.

NQ is in a death vice apparently to where they have to spend the money they have figuring out ways to streamline and cut costs and simplify features or cut features. With the free accounts going on, bandwith costs, and people just building adding escalating data costs and likely accountants and management trying to keep this game in the black they either need to cut lots of things from the game that exist now, tweak other things they have been working on to fit their current trajectory, and at the same time push as fast as they can to launching the game so that they dont get sued if they fail by claiming released with fullfilling the origional promised features as simple or different as that may be from those promises so that they might turn some profit with those holdingbeta keys that now have to pay since their talents are being held hostage they have relied on up until now or those who just call it one.

Just look at the pattern of updates over the last year. Most of them are cost cutting measures, simplifications, punishments, sinks, and little actual content of substance.

Don't go to release early. People will forgive a Beta, but if you blow a release product, that throws people a lot more.

We have no idea what NQs finances are like. The fact that they are making alterations so a player's sub pays for more than what it costs them isn't a sign of them running out of money, its a sign that they realize when they do release that subs do need to bring in more than the costs they incur.

I suspect the reason they don't have a cash shop is because things are still in flux. People are getting upset when they make changes which effects the stuff they have made. Now imagine the uproar, demand for refunds, threats of suing if they changed stuff which people brought in a cash shop!

1 hour ago, Endstar said:

TLDR - This seems like a hidden wipe hype thread. 

No wipe, there will be more people leaving from a wipe than would stay and what would change 18 months from a wipe?

#StopTheWipeHype

Dont know if you noticed but your in the middle of a slow rolling wipe. They can do all the countermeasures they want like abandoning cores, taxes, sinks, limits, etc but with all the changes its unavoidable the direction they are going. They might not be doing it all at once with a clean wipe and a fresh start but all the taxes, abandons, sinks, limits, etc are doing just that and if you dont see the pattern or that players are leaving anyways its going to wipe itself clean eventually of both assets and players alike.

#takealookaround

I think the number of people that would be willing to pay extra for space to build is unsustainably low. That said, I also don't get how crappy mobile titles can compel people to spend hundreds of thousands on micro-transactions...

At a certain point, it feels like I'd rather play a single player building game than deal with fees for the 'privilege' of being able to build the construct online; a monthly sub is already a lot of money for a gaming product, extra money on top of that is not appealing.

The stupid thing is that this isn't some unknown, surprising concept that popped up with no warning.

The cost to maintain player constructs is about the most fundamental and basic concept when it comes to scaling DU...the costs and revenue around this concept should have been understood many years ago. 

If NQ is just now taking a look at this math after 8 years, they kind of deserve what they get. People asked about how the game would possibly scale while maintaining costs years and years and years ago...