Mining Units and Core Count

Taelessael

Many players have a dozen or more cores deployed just to operate mining units. This is because they have the skills to support a large number of MU, but can't effectively use more than a few of them on any single tile because the tile does not have sufficient ore available, and because a single core can't be placed at a tile-edge and used to operate mining units on multiple tiles.

As such, in order to reduce the number of cores individual players use I propose that the both the ore available on all hexes and the taxes on those hexes be doubled, as this would allow players to concentrate their mining units on to a smaller number of cores, reducing the number of hexes and cores they'd need while still maintaining the current balance of taxes to ore.

We just came down from high taxes because they limited most of us players, and you now want again those high taxes even if only for some tiles. This would be a lot of additional programming, and render the increased oe amount n those tiles uselss as what remains after tax is just the same small amount of quantas.

I am still not fully rejecting your suggestion, but I would prefer to give some time for the recent revampig of taxation and mining to show the effects it has on players and game ecology. We don't want that just a few powerful, strong players thrive, but that all players have many possibilities again.

So, let's first give some time and see, how the current revamp works out.

4 hours ago, Hirnsausen said:

We just came down from high taxes because they limited most of us players, and you now want again those high taxes even if only for some tiles. This would be a lot of additional programming, and render the increased oe amount n those tiles uselss as what remains after tax is just the same small amount of quantas.

I am still not fully rejecting your suggestion, but I would prefer to give some time for the recent revampig of taxation and mining to show the effects it has on players and game ecology. We don't want that just a few powerful, strong players thrive, but that all players have many possibilities again.

So, let's first give some time and see, how the current revamp works out.

You either didn't read all of my post, or you misunderstand it.

I am not proposing coming up with some new system for a bit more ore and then doubling taxes to balance it out, I am proposing doubling the number of mining units that can be deployed on a single hex, with taxes proportional to the number of extra MU. This shouldn't logically involve a lot of programing, just telling the ore-mapping system to double its current output number.

One hex would give you twice as much ore doing the exact same thing you are doing now, and so cost twice as much.