DEVBLOG: REVISITING CONSTRUCT SLOT CHANGES - Discussion Thread

NQ-Deckard

I greatly appreciate the re-adjustment of numbers, they should provide more than enough slots now for most individuals and groups. Thank you.

I do however echo the sentiments of several others on this thread in the belief that an org's super-legate should be able to view who is donating core slots, how many any particular individual is donating, and should have the option available to them to prevent the use of slots from individuals they don't trust, and that either a "disassemble" or a "package" option should be available to allow constructs to be with a single click either rendered down in to their inventory parts, or stored in a compacted bp-like package with mass and volume equal to the mass and volume of their constituent parts and materials.

7 hours ago, CptLoRes said:

"Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence"

I appreciate the idea, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that whoever came up with that phrase had at the time neither experience managing large numbers of children, nor an internet connection. Not to say that it is always wrong, it proves true often enough, but rather that one should never neglect to consider all possibilities, and make their decision after carefully considering all available evidence. In this instance though, I do suspect NQ goofed.

1. Need a answer for this if you have one or know of someone who might.

If cores are tokenized. Will they count towards the cap? So if I was to tokenize 90% of HUGE station? that might save it?

2. Technically they wouldn't be my core right?
  3. Might be a legit way to save larger projects.
  4. Then hand out tokens to people who buy / already own... These tokens expire after 3 months or something. 

Tokens are always inactive, so server wise not as much load? 

5. Boom, in game tradable property token market aka NFT's (No you cant buy these with USD but this would be considered a "Non-Fungible token" if you google it lol. 

Trying to work with it here. Got little left in the gastank.

You gotta admit though this is a great market idea for in-game constructs. You could technically have a situation where a projects cores are traded, bought / sold over the years. As new buyers step in and work on the build. Or delete it all. It has a history. Limit max orgs to 4 and get rid of subsidiary orgs.

EDIT: To clarify- The core limits, that's a crap idea. Player base killers, we've had to many. How do you expect us to keep our org numbers stable enough for a operation of any decent size?

Work on the new player experience like you said you were doing months ago. Create some new fun in game things, player / element skins? Maybe bought from NQ via USD. Id buy 'em. Or what ever the vertices guys thinks good, they nailed it. 

The vertices tool is cool... 

What a way to kill that teams thunder. 

Figure it out.. what ever the problem is internally. There's obvious division here.

Edited by LeeRoyINC

9 hours ago, Owl_Superb said:

Here's an idea on-top of the proposed changes that would make things much smoother with regards to Org cores:

Have a "Slot Exchange Market" where buy/sell orders of "1 slot/mo" can be traded.

That way players can put up their unused Org slots for a nice monthly income, and Orgs can quickly buy emergency slots.

Maybe even allow Org Legates to set a rule to auto-purchase "market slots" @ "set price" if Org is running short on the next core check.

This + the token system. I'd maybe stay. lol 

I want to ask NQ: do you use XL cores for any of your parking and markets construct?

Will you give us more control ( show the values ) of

- how many cores you have free?

- how many org slots cores you have free?

- what is YOUR org potential limit?

- how many calibrations you have atm ( without visiting MU ) ?

- map of all your constructs? - I don't like the list, I want visual.

- map of all your org constructs? - I want visual.

- etc.

P.S. thank you for new revision of the update.

1 hour ago, LeeRoyINC said:
  1. Need a answer for this if you have one or know of someone who might.

If cores are tokenized. Will they count towards the cap? So if I was to tokenize 90% of HUGE station? that might save it?

2. Technically they wouldn't be my core right?
  3. Might be a legit way to save larger projects.
  4. Then hand out tokens to people who buy / already own... These tokens expire after 3 months or something. 

Tokens are always inactive, so server wise not as much load? 

5. Boom, in game tradable property token market aka NFT's (No you cant buy these with USD but this would be considered a "Non-Fungible token" if you google it lol. 

Trying to work with it here. Got little left in the gastank.

You gotta admit though this is a great market idea for in-game constructs. You could technically have a situation where a projects cores are traded, bought / sold over the years. As new buyers step in and work on the build. Or delete it all. It has a history. Limit max orgs to 4 and get rid of subsidiary orgs.

EDIT: To clarify- The core limits, that's a crap idea. Player base killers, we've had to many. How do you expect us to keep our org numbers stable enough for a operation of any decent size?

Work on the new player experience like you said you were doing months ago. Create some new fun in game things, player / element skins? Maybe bought from NQ via USD. Id buy 'em. Or what ever the vertices guys thinks good, they nailed it. 

The vertices tool is cool... 

What a way to kill that teams thunder. 

Figure it out.. what ever the problem is internally. There's obvious division here.

An amusing concept, but tokens decay after an hour, though for that hour they are not on your list if I remember right. NQ could obviously tweak this, but I suspect we are more likely to get packaging or 1-click deconstructing first...

So what about how talents are still going to make a majority of orgs still start with abandoned constructs until they can spec back out into the Core counts that will make all org cores abandoned when this goes live?

Do you plan to preload org cores like the XL core unlock first or do you guys enjoy the unnecessary chaos you create since pretty much players are already donating cores to orgs and this makes no difference in the end other than chaos?

Or dot you plan to just make orgs 16 member only with this change since you cant really trust any members that will eventually become indian givers after you help funnel elements or resources into their core as an org and then have 2 weeks to get your stuff back before they steal it?

Do you realize that if you only need 16 core members per org that donate all their cores that it essentially does the opposite of what you want to do to get rid of pocket orgs and skirting the system to get more cores by breaking up orgs into hundreds of more ogs since you only need 16 and players will just form sister orgs of the same org since the cap is so incredibly low?

Why does an individual player need 100 cores if you cant tokenize or do anything with them?

NQ,

Can you make Mining Units to calculate which tile it is located in, and mine Ore from that tile?

So, we can use 1 construction, instead of 3 core constructions just to place Mining Units on the hexes intersections.

1 character = under 50 calibrations per week, 3-5 MU per tile in Alioth or 2-3 MU per tile on Jago....

1 character = 15-20 cores JUST for MINING.

if you can solve this ( make MU work on its tile regardless of core position ), we can place 3-5 cores for minings ( instead of 15-20).

You keep shifting the goal posts on talents by adding more talents required to do simple things like mine efficiently using MU's and own cores yet you keep the talents accrued to a ridiculously low amount of 90 p/m. I don't expect to get 1000's of points per minute and I certainly don't expect to train all talents however you're constant changes is making it extremely difficult to become proficient in anything, especially industry which has an absurd number of talents to train

• If the next bi-weekly construct check following that warning determines that the organization still has more constructs than it has slots, random constructs from that organization will be abandoned until the organization is back in compliance with its slot capacity.

So what happens if player A withdraws 10 slots, the org gets a warning on the next bi-weekly check, then they adjust and following that between the first and second bi-weekly slot another player withdraws 10 slots? Will the system be able to identify this and so it is not until the third bi-weekly slot that something happens if the org doe snot react to both instances?

The quoted part of the devblog really seems to imply that this is not accounted for and so unwarranted sanctions are activated.

I also hope the above shows how garbled the messaging from NQ is here. This is not about the community being confused or not understanding, it is about NQ being vague, leaving potential loopholes open and generally not communicating well.

I really think this mechanic is overengineerd and will cause a lot of potential confusion and potentially see NQ missing details like this in their implementation. There is no mention of this situiation which is easily expected to occur.

I'm also not sure if all this is really needed. I'd like to see NQ be open about he reasons for all of this as I honestly feel there is an oportunity for players to chime in and provide constructive ideas and sugeestions to find a better way to resolve whatever problem NQ is trying to address with this. Frankly, it feels like NQ is stuck in an internal feedback loop on this and is not considering alternatives.

Over these past two devblogs, the sense that NQ has no real understanding of what players do, ask for, understand or where NQ needs to improve seems quite obvious. Maybe NQ should start coming to the community sooner, or at least a select few from different walks of life in game, to ask for feedback and suggestions.. You know, like the previous two failed instances of a player council. Maybe NQ needs to dedicate time to that as it really would seem that they can actually win time back if they do. And do not be afraid to ask your critical players, you may just find that they have some useful ideas and feedback on top of not just saying what you want to hear.

Knee jerk responses like this tend to mean mistakes will be made an details overlooked.

15 hours ago, NQ-Deckard said:

Hello Noveans, as yesterday's discussion thread was so lively, we would like to open a new thread to hear your feedback on our planned revisions.

Are the current changes fixed and you want to have feedback on them or can we also negotiate further with good reasons?

Following internal research, we determined that currently per active player there are approximately 25 constructs in the game at the present time.

Please take a close look at all the figures. Many players have not skilled their character slots at all, but have founded one or more orgs and skilled the slots there. It was quicker and easier to get many more cores than with the character slots.

I would also like to ask you to pay attention to large-scale projects such as the AAE of Hyperion, which is now endangered.

are there plans to add more slots via the core limit in an ingameshop or via subscription directly, if you then pay for it with real money, to compensate for the financial inequalities or difficulties that a few more cores trigger?

Edited by Zarcata

NQ,

Could you please clarify this part? 

• Organization Construct Management
  • Organization Construct Management Specialization
  • Advanced Organization Construct Management Specialization

These talents will be buffed to collectively increase the maximum ceiling for the organization's construct limit to 1625.

How they are going to work? 

Math please.

If you have already trained Advanced Organization Construct Management Specialization to level 5, by reinvesting the refunded talent points, we estimate that you will be able to reach at least a construct slot capacity total of 80.

How did you get 80? Formula please.

As the talents are +5*100% + 5*100% = +1000% .  So which number is used to count this? 

ok, i'll better get started to remove a lot of stuff. i have dispensers wiuth free stuff at various locations.
i have the Marina with all boats that are in this game that use my LUA.
i have mining units various static cores for my showroom with landing plattforms
i have my infrastructure withj various elevators, space cores and bases on remote places.
i have various ships at all of my bases.
this sums up to way over 200 cores.. probably more 250-300

As i still need my infrastructure, elevators mining units and ships i start with dispensers for free stuff on xs cores and than i will probably have to remove all ships from my marina.

i don not want to go out begging for org core # from other players. i did all of this as a single player and do  not have any plan to change this.

so my contribution to content in this game unluckily has to shrink significantly.

And Honestly NQ : I DO NOT WANT TO DO THIS

if we are supposed to build the content in this game  we need the tools & possibilities to do it.
my progression in a game like this should not be limited to having a fat wallet one day and lots of BP's representing previous milestones. but as it looks today. my progress only can be measured in quanta and the content created can always only be visible for some time before cores run out again.

And did NQ think about how much work it is to manually remove about 200 constructs?

How does NQ envision the game? That we all just have a base, make some elements and voxels there to build small PvP ships and then immediately fly into the PvP zone to fight each other? Whoever dies first lands back on their base and can "quickly" set a new BP and fly to battle again?

Shit, and I really thought we were supposed to build cities-villages-an entire civilisation that is full of great creative masterpieces, each building can present its builder in its own way, and from walking through the area and looking at everything you can only marvel at what players could create.
I'm currently in the process of tearing down cores again, abandoning my plans for a Borg construct, because I'm simply already way over the corelimit and I would otherwise lose everything. At the moment I wouldn't even care about the loss, because I'm not even sure if DualUniverse is still the game I want to play - I might be better off in Minecraft.

Edited by Zarcata

Ever since the devblog about core limits released, I've not wanted to play. 

I logged in for 2 minutes to take a screenshot of my base and to queue up more core talents.

I'm satisfied with the new proposed limits.  Before I was going to be maybe 10 cores over the limit and now I'll have breathing room for the future.

Other than that, I've been watching the discord chat do it's usual thing, people saying that anyone complaining about core limits are worthless and should just leave the game.  People throwing out insults and calling people names.  Why on earth would I want to join a group with people like that?  Am I supposed to join an org with people like that who I wouldn't trust in my most desperate hour?  If they're my only lifeline, I'd rather just call it quits than trust them with even the smallest thing.  I wouldn't take a ride from one market to another from somebody who does nothing but insult and berate other people everytime their name pops up in chat.

It's been that way for a while, PVPer's calling people carebears for not wanting to fight in PVP space and screaming for territory warfare and safezones to come down so they have something to destroy.  People constantly saying they want a wipe to set everyone back to square one and if you speak up against a wipe you're told you're selfish and have mental issues in real life. 

Maybe some people do have issues in life and they play a game to escape?

Now, I have no confidence on what the future looks like.  I wouldn't be surprised if a wipe is required and I've wasted my time building things.  Some people like to destroy things and that's ok, but they want to destroy everything made by people who don't like PVP and play for a creative outlet.  And they're loud and vocal and never stop on their crusade to wipe the game and run off anyone who doesn't think or play like they do.

I know not all PVPer's are bad, cruel people, but it's that vocal few that color my entire view of that portion of the game.

So now, I can log in and MU calibrate and cut down on core counts and wait for the vertex tool which I've wanted for months, only to constantly have it in the back of my mind that everything will be wiped or some other change will be put in place like territory warfare so that somebody can come and take my solo base just to see me get upset.  I won't rant about it happening in discord when the time comes, I'll just slide silently out the side door flipping the bird to everyone as I go.

This whole fiasco has ruined my mood around the game and left me with very little confidence that things will work out in the end.  Maybe I'm just "too emotional and need some help".  I've come to expect overwhelmingly negative feedback from other players so I expect it.

For now, I don't have the energy or desire to play the game, just log on and put money in tiles and wait and see if things get better or worse for my desired gameplay style.

3 hours ago, Durk23 said:

For now, I don't have the energy or desire to play the game, just log on and put money in tiles and wait and see if things get better or worse for my desired gameplay style.

This right here ^. Our small org all feels like this.

Its like every update is yet another setback, roadblock, kneecap, setback, etc in the sense 

First it was schematics that ballooned our industry by 75% of what we actually needed to like 5000 machines for 3 people, destructive elements flip flop that actually helped the game, removing voxel mining, adding MUs that have been a chore/job and are part of what killing the economy, building a base with nothing else to do being techered to our tiles, and now they want to abandon our cores if we dont touch them, tax us, as well as abandon our cores so that we can reclaim them before someone else claims our work for us for no real reason.

Its like NQ has a sado masichist running their studio that just likes to cause unnecessary chaos working on systems nobody wants or asks for with no communication at all about them till is like surprise we killed your puppy again in a constant grief, abuse, and punishment cycle rather than actually spending their time, money, and effort into making an actual gameplay loop and constantly killing off segments of their playerbase they dont like because they dont understand gaming psychology and the different types of gamers they should be building rather than forcing everyone to thread the narrow minded window view of the game NQ has.

Or that they dont even know what kind of game they have built, the types of gamers it actually appeals to or why people play the way they do or for what purpose. Whatever JC set out to do was always DOA and it seems like NQ without him at the helm is finishing DU off.

Its like sure this time its core jurisdicational transfer and chaos breaking up an org and only needing 16 dedicated members per org that actually kills most orgs or projects like the D6-12 train project when the real issue is the need and the ability of being part of an org, creating a pocket org per person, and the loose nature of orgs when if NQ just had no real upward limit or like 10k/10k ships/buildings with this new system and only let you join 1 org it would do the same thing. and now you cant tokenize personal cores.

But on top of that whats the point if you cant trust anyone now to not unsub, pull cores since you only get 1600 and only so many are part of the org or those with multiple beta keys dont need other people messing things up more.

Its like what is the next shoe to drop if I continue playing or my friends continue playing. There is already not much to do in game since there is no PvE content, PvP is de post facto at this point, and the only meta is mine, produce, sell to just perpetually scale your ops to just keep endlessly producing more and watering down the economy that much faster with nothing to spend it on or do with it.

There is no real reason to throw away billions on PvP or that NQ has adopted a DvP meta in which you can really only take a 2 week break before things start going abandoned and with taxes constantly rolling any break you take kills your MUs, industry, and pushes you straight off the treadmill anyways at which points is like do you really want to rip down billions of voxels by hand along with hundreds of thousands of elements or do you just call it one.

Because there are just too many better games on the market that do all this better with a lot of content and dev teams who just care more about their communities to throw it all away every like this without actually having the intelligence to see what it does to their communities without treating their players like children by saying "you all seem to be confused to let me explain it to you really slowly and sugar coat it so that you keep paying us".

Everyone should stop logging in till NQ either comes to their senses or they scrap the new core system entiresly. If its not broke than why fix it or just give higher core limits in general in orgs so large orgs dont need like 30 sister orgs because of core caps and pocket orgs etc.

@NQ I really hope that you guys can actually come to your senses and build a game as its not just DU on the line as much as all your careers at stake now. I know if I see any of you clowns on a project im gunning for you being fired and any studio can see this slow motion trainwreck and should steer clear if your inability to develop anything.

Edited by Warlander

I let this one sit for a day before making this video so I could gather more of my thoughts on this issue. IMHO if this goes through as intended, even with the revisions- I'll still have to tear stuff down unless I beg people for construct slots for my personal project/s

if I had all 200 avalible to me when this launches, great- may be able to make it work...  but as it is we're still going from 275 to 125(if you're lucky and have stuff already maxed out) AFTER having the skill that is nerfed refunded, and training for a full month on top of that to not even get half way to where we are now.

Really? just.... really? make people tear stuff down just so they can spend months training skills to rebuild later, this was the solution? This is not a working solution.

Though I do appreciate the attempt to fix things and a response within 24 hours, while leaving the door open to future changes if needed. Well, I and others are telling you changes are still needed.

Please DO NOT make us play a game of chicken with our constructs being removed.  

A Game of Chicken, yes, that's a good description.

Almost all of the way I was playing during Alpha and early Beta has been taken away through the schematics changes, taxes and mining units, and now, although you've put them back, removing the org constructs finished me off.

I'm not rebuilding my org constructs.

Keep letting them hear it people. 

I have investors who are willing to buy NQ and flip this dev team. Fire the side that keeps calling for these horrible changes. 

We are going to wait it out, they are broke. This is the rundown: 

- First it was 0.23 "we need to reduce server load and cost" My 15 active player org all quit.

- Second was the Demetor removal of planets ore ( prospectors all quit because that's all the game was good for to them, mining) Same excuse, server load and costs.

- Third times the charm with this outright attack on the dedicated player base and another "Server load and cost" excuse. 

Next to go will be core sizes, or industry sizes.. or a wipe. 3rd times the charm, dont stick around for this dumpster fire.

My investor will buy the tech when NQ bankrupts itself in a few months. Redev the engine for a more expansive game, the one we were sold a year ago. If the source code isn't a pile of messy garbage that is. 

But DU is dieing and the devs are the reason. I gave them the benefit of the doubt with the hope their business end would figure it out. But this is proof they have no clue wtf theryre doing. 

We will pick up this tech for bottom dollar when it flops. 

EDIT: I got confirmation on the money issues through a internal NQ employee. They dont all agree with its direction. There's two sides inside NQ, one is extremely Toxic. 

For those calling me out on my investor. Here's his crypto wallet. We're not messing around here. Just sold 10 mill worth of SAND because that games tech is trash. 

https://etherscan.io/address/0x56178a0d5f301baf6cf3e1cd53d9863437345bf9

Edited by LeeRoyINC

Spoiler
3 hours ago, LeeRoyINC said:

Keep letting them hear it people. 

I have investors who are willing to buy NQ and flip this dev team. Fire the side that keeps calling for these horrible changes. 

We are going to wait it out, they are broke. This is the rundown: 

- First it was 0.23 "we need to reduce server load and cost" My 15 active player org all quit.

- Second was the Demetor removal of planets ore ( prospectors all quit because that's all the game was good for to them, mining) Same excuse, server load and costs.

- Third times the charm with this outright attack on the dedicated player base and another "Server load and cost" excuse. 

Next to go will be core sizes, or industry sizes.. or a wipe. 3rd times the charm, dont stick around for this dumpster fire.

My investor will buy the tech when NQ bankrupts itself in a few months. Redev the engine for a more expansive game, the one we were sold a year ago. If the source code isn't a pile of messy garbage that is. 

But DU is dieing and the devs are the reason. I gave them the benefit of the doubt with the hope their business end would figure it out. But this is proof they have no clue wtf theryre doing. 

We will pick up this tech for bottom dollar when it flops. 

EDIT: I got confirmation on the money issues through a internal NQ employee. They dont all agree with its direction. There's two sides inside NQ, one is extremely Toxic. 

For those calling me out on my investor. Here's his crypto wallet. We're not messing around here. Just sold 10 mill worth of SAND because that games tech is trash. 

https://etherscan.io/address/0x56178a0d5f301baf6cf3e1cd53d9863437345bf9

I have now deliberately not clicked on this link, so I can neither determine investors there, nor see how much capital is involved at all.

If it were a question of reasonable and real large sums, what would prevent an investor from actively taking this money into his hands now in order to support a development studio? We can all see that it doesn't seem to be working here at NQ and that the game has been developing in a different direction for years - why wait for a low-cost entry opportunity when you could have started long ago?

If it's only virtual money, try exchanging it for real money, depending on how large these sums are, it's not always so easy to find real equivalents for them.

Probably going to be 10-20 million XP to get all including that last third tier skill to L5.
they said "really determined players" will be able to do it.

So at about 1.14MXP per week it could take a while to get those skills up.

So, now that the second proposal from NQ with the core limit changes is on the table, and they do look better than the first offer. It remains to be seen whether the offer will be left as it is or whether further negotiations will take place. I would very much like to have more private character slots to choose from, the 100 are simply too few for players who want to play the game over a very long period of time. Some already have well over that limit. Of course, one could now say that a player could also -again- create an org at the same time in order to get the other 100 slots, but that wouldn't solve the problem of players only creating organisations because of the slots.

I therefore ask NQ to drastically increase the number of private character slots so that the org slots do not have to be used for private cores. At the same time, attention should be paid to how intensive the talents are designed to be, so that they are worth the skilling and the points compared to an organisation. (Currently, many players are skilling an organisation and not the character slots, because the org is faster, cheaper and allows far more slots).

I also ask that NQ introduce a separate "builder subscription" due to the cost intensity, which offers far more free building core slots, but also costs 5,-€ more per month as an example.

30 minutes ago, Deleted said:

Probably going to be 10-20 million XP to get all including that last third tier skill to L5.
they said "really determined players" will be able to do it.

So at about 1.14MXP per week it could take a while to get those skills up.

But this skill system does NOTHING to help the players, who will already lose many things NOW because of the update, if it should come like this. A sensible solution must be found NOW. If NQ is only going to make it about how many skill points a builder has to invest there, then PLEASE, reset all the talent points so I can invest right there to protect my builds.

22 minutes ago, Zarcata said:

So, now that the second proposal from NQ with the core limit changes is on the table, and they do look better than the first offer. It remains to be seen whether the offer will be left as it is or whether further negotiations will take place. I would very much like to have more private character slots to choose from, the 100 are simply too few for players who want to play the game over a very long period of time. Some already have well over that limit. Of course, one could now say that a player could also -again- create an org at the same time in order to get the other 100 slots, but that wouldn't solve the problem of players only creating organisations because of the slots.

I therefore ask NQ to drastically increase the number of private character slots so that the org slots do not have to be used for private cores. At the same time, attention should be paid to how intensive the talents are designed to be, so that they are worth the skilling and the points compared to an organisation. (Currently, many players are skilling an organisation and not the character slots, because the org is faster, cheaper and allows far more slots).

I also ask that NQ introduce a separate "builder subscription" due to the cost intensity, which offers far more free building core slots, but also costs 5,-€ more per month as an example.

But this skill system does NOTHING to help the players, who will already lose many things NOW because of the update, if it should come like this. A sensible solution must be found NOW. If NQ is only going to make it about how many skill points a builder has to invest there, then PLEASE, reset all the talent points so I can invest right there to protect my builds.

I fully support the full talent reset in this case. That would be a lot better than first having to empty the world

The dev blog says you can reinvest up to ~80 slots, but then how long will it take to max out? 30 days? If it's more, then you should increase the grace period to match, to at least give those who need the max number of cores, a chance to train for it.

Another thing, something that blows my mind, is that NQ is introducing the UI to see how many core slots you use, at the same time as they are introducing the limitation, instead of thinking just a tiny bit ahead, and giving players that tool in advance.

It feels like someone is deciding "we need to limit X, do it now", and then devs are having to rush, to (finally) build a "minimally viable" helpful UI to deal with that. Instead of deciding to limit a thing, then giving players the tool to deal with a coming change first, and then changing it later.  "We need to change X, here's a tool to help you deal with that, the change will happen Soon™" would have been useful, instead of just "We need to limit X, when the limit is introduced, we will also introduce a tool to help with that", and then leaving players to guess until then, and scramble to figure things out after the change is implemented. I understand that this change will probably be fine for most, but I'm talking about the way NQ is making decisions, and using this change as an example. I think this way of introducing changes, is what's making them (even this revised version) feel so terrible. We are having to figure things out after the change, and then hope that the grace period is enough time to deal with it. It is stressful. And it is unnecessary.

NQ... In the future (or now, now would also be good)... Give us these tools, before you introduce the limitation they're helping us to deal with.