DEVBLOG: REVISITING CONSTRUCT SLOT CHANGES - Discussion Thread

NQ-Deckard

• NQ-Deckard changed the title to DEVBLOG: REVISITING CONSTRUCT SLOT CHANGES - Discussion Thread

Thank you for the quick response and the changes. These numbers make a lot more sense.

However, I still think that there should also be some automatic org slots based on membership, e.g. for every member of an org the org gets 10 or 20 slots automatically (without reducing the new numbers for personal and org slots).

Good update, but I feel there should still be more.

Not necessarily more cores, I think the total slots make a lot of sense (though I am concerned about my ability to get my core count high enough to not lose constructs in the first month post-release...) 

Was there any thought into the ideas proposed yesterday by the community? Like the ability to compactify a larger variety of constructs in a way that retains their mass and volume, so you can basically box away ships (or even buildings) not currently in use to avoid the core count cost?

Also I'm gonna keep preaching the one-button deconstruct feature that I think would save almost everyone time (including the GM's)

100 personnal core

100 slots organisation.

This is too many ! Why all this mess for come back to 200 core for all people ? 

Definitely i think, 25 core personnal and 50 core for org, with a limit of 25 core per organization is enought. It will encourage people to support community project, iconic personal project, friends projects, or others.

More reasonable at first glance.
Depends a bit on how time consuming it is to get those skill points.
But if you say 125 cores before the patch drops .. then it should be fine.

Edit: After reconsidering
Seems still it is gonna be problematic though, since I haven't spent much in personal talents.
Let me reassign all my skill points so I can at least adapt to it?

This is better, but still doesn't address any of the problems (except the low core count), and seems like overkill for what should be a simple fix: Actually limiting players to 4 orgs per player, as intended. 

None of this is necessary if players can only be in 4 orgs; it would already solve the problem of infinite cores, and then the values of the existing system can be tweaked, instead of remaking the whole thing

42 personal slots? That's a nice doubling, I'll accept it but I'm not sure what to do with it? I've been running with 15 (5 because 10 were dedicated to DUC ad kiosks) for so long now.

Why 42 though? That's a very specific number.

It's also a meme.

As far as the organization core slots go, it's still a halving from the 200-some which is a quartering of the 900-some we used to have.

And yeah, I agree with the above, the art of the deal. Someone seems to have been watching yours truly in the states it would seem...

Obvious question which I'm surprised wasn't answered in the devblog.  How long to the new talents take to train?  Can we please get a list of the 6 talents (three personal and three organisational) and the length of time it will take to go from 0 to fully trained?  This is a super-important detail, if for example, it takes 6 months to get the second one up to 5 then this is a complete non-starter but if I can train all 3 to full in a 3 month period then IMO this is a great compromise.

Thanks NQ to have listen to the community.

I like this new concept, people that need more core will invest point for that. I think 100+100 is a good number, a single person will no more have to create an org and small group of friend will be able to have the core number they need.

For creator, 200 cores will perhaps be a bit low but that why they have friend to help them with come additional cores.

Kind regards

I'm still worried about community projects and organizations. Players will massively use all their cores, SOLO + ORG SLOTS for them!

There should be a maximum of assignable cores per organisation (25-50 ?), and make joining an orga self-assign 10-20 cores.

So that even if the player wants to use a maximum of cores for himself, he will still have some left for his main organization and/or community projects.

Think of Utopia, Rendezvous Station, ODY Space Station, IC spaceport, Hyperion City ...etc

I dont like it. The total of 200 sounds ok'ish, but considering the time and TP it takes to get to that point means that many builds will already be destroyed by the time the necessary skill lvp is reached. So either we get more time before the first abandonment, or a TP boost or a complete skill reset. Else the inpact of this change will simply be to late.

Thank you very much.
With this change, the Patch will be a small, but real improvement instead of a downgrade for our org.

But a few things we really need when the patch comes:

• folders for the construct list on the map (so you can finally organize the constructs, will be increasing map-performance, if the construct list of a folder is only loaded when the folder is opened)
  • a counter for your own personal constructs (so you can see how close you are to the limit)
  • a counter for the org constructs (can be only seen by legates/superlegates)
  • constructs are not abandoned when the limit is not high enough. You just can't place new ones (otherwise many constructs will be abandoned long before the players will have leveled the skills for that)

This is much better and would have been happy with a little bit less. But 25 was way to low. 

As for dropping this during the so called Panacea patch. Is complete and utter SHIT! I was so pissed yesterday that I almost removed the game from my system. This was called the patch we listen to the players, but this felt like we had to try to hide the next way we are going to screw the player. I really do want an apology for all of us for bringing this up the way it was.

1. This will be enough cores to satisfy most people's needs. I still don't like the random delete part for org cores if someone removes support :facepalm: Most recently added cores would be better I think! it would also be better is if Org membership played a part in the total instead of just org slots.

"Organization Construct Management

Organization Construct Management Specialization

Advanced Organization Construct Management Specialization

These talents will be buffed to collectively increase the maximum ceiling for the organization's construct limit to 1625."

I'm still confused on the mechanics of how we get can get to that number?