NQ: can you please explain how you expect us to play the game?

Verliezer

With last update and gameplay changes I am getting a bit confused what is expected  how to play DU. I understand the rational behind certain choices but NQ never gives us inside in their thoughproces on how the numbers/choices build up. If they would give some inside on how they think the game should be played and that could explain maybe the choices they make.

Please NQ ... below I made an overview how I play the game. Maybe it is me doing something wrong here and can you tell me how you expect me to play the game!!

E.g.

I like mining .......
I run on 3 planets some mining units. Each planet I placed a space station and a smal hauler to pick up the ore from the planet and bring it to my space station. Then I have a large deep space only hauler (I believe because that is the reason why we have XL Space engines and NOT XL atmos engines!) to pick the ore from the planet. 

I also go out to an Astroid once in a while. I have a light weight carrier and an even smaller astroid mining vessel. My carrier brings the mining vessel to the nearest safe zone of the Astroid and then I  travel back and forward with the small minging vessel.

-- 3 space constructs, 3 small hauler constructs, 1 large hauler construct., 1 astroid mining xcarrier, 2 astroid mining vessel (1 for reserve -- pvp you know ;-)) and 26 mining unit constructs.

Mining cost me in total of  39 constructs

I like building .....

I like to build stuff and be creative. So I have a few voxel libraries to support my limited voxel mancy talents. Showing what I have build I like to do to (hoping to sell some blue prints).

-- In total 12 constructs

I like to do industry .....

I also like some industry stuff so I build my self a factory. But I also need to pick up once in a while some schematics therefore I use tiny warp shuttle.  Further more I need to bring and pick up stuff from the market. Having a market shuttle as well

In total 4 constructs.

Then you have some random stuff like pocket ships, try outs, event ships, scanners, some dispencers on cores on a friends place, etc

My numbers:

- 2 accounts (so 1 ALT)

- Member of 1 main organization with some friends

- Super Legat of my own organisation to support my mining units

- with 3 friends an organisation just to build a multi core space station

- I own 25 territories

- Did not count them all but approximitaly 90+ constructs

Game play .....

- Is it mean tto be that you only do 1 thing in DU, e.g. they shall only mine or only be an industrialist, or .....

- Am I using to many mining unit constructs and was the intention of DU that we only have like 4-8 mining constructs. This is a bit conflicting with the fact that the number of calibrations is increased.

- Am I member of to many organisations?

- Do I own to many territories?

- Should I not go into space and build space stations?

- Is it not meant to build multi core constructs?

- Clearly you think I am using to many constructs :)

- Some create a "warpbeacon-org" in order to share warpbeacon use, beacuse RDMS won't let them share it properly.

What is it how you see the game should be played?

NQ it would help me if you maybe do a tutorial on how the game is played, it would give us moire insight in the thought process behind certain choices?

Edited by Verliezer

2 accounts is 84 cores

You mention you play with some friends in certain situations, you all share the burden of the cores needed for that activity

I'd say you shoudl have well beyond 90 cores available overall.

As I mentioned elsewhere, I do expect NQ will tweak the number and end up somewhere between 50 and 75 cores on one charatcer when combining personal and org core slots

I'd say you wil be fine..

46 minutes ago, blazemonger said:

2 accounts is 84 cores

You mention you play with some friends in certain situations, you all share the burden of the cores needed for that activity

I'd say you shoudl have well beyond 90 cores available overall.

As I mentioned elsewhere, I do expect NQ will tweak the number and end up somewhere between 50 and 75 cores on one charatcer when combining personal and org core slots

I'd say you wil be fine..

I do think I will be fine and that NQ will finetune their figures.

Point I was hoping to make is that it would help the acceptance of certain game design choices, if you understand how the intended game play was meant to be. E.g. if NQ haven't forseen that you create multi core constructs, then you know as a player that you run a certain risk when still going for a multi-core construct. When designing the new mining principles, how where they thinking what the intended gameplay would look like.