Will you continue playing after core changes? & Will NQ do a better job when they announce next nerf: Power System?

Thunderblaze

Will you continue playing after core changes? & Will NQ do a better job when they announce next nerf: Power System?  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Will you continue playing after core changes?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you think NQ will do a better job at announcing the next nerf: Power System?

• Yes
    • No

15 minutes ago, Doombad said:

thinking people will, or can, digest the changes

It's more likely that they have no choice. They must introduce limitations in order to save costs. I think they are well aware that players will leave and thereby forcing them to reduce the costs even further. There is no way out of this downward spiral. The question is how long it will take until they hit the ground.

The grim reality is that DU can't be saved by more development. I think the new CEO realizes this.

So...all the existing players don't matter in that context, because they know that they can't fix the game to the point where we will stick around. It isn't like there's enough of us to make that much of a difference, anyway. 

If they've given up on fixing the game through development (IMO they have a while ago), there's limited choices for keeping the lights on. 

One of those choices is to vastly reduce cost, then ramp up marketing as much as possible and call it a "release" -- if costs have been slashed enough, the mathematics around ROI just might add up such that growth is possible. Even with high churn, it might work to grow their revenue. 

This isn't great for the game, but it does make a certain sort of sense.

If I were the new CEO, I might come to the same conclusion that no amount of dev will save DU...any CEO would probably come to that conclusion. I mean, the project is almost comically unfinished after 8 years and a sizable team...what else can they do other than trying to monetize this turd and limit costs...? 

1 hour ago, Maxim Kammerer said:

It's more likely that they have no choice. They must introduce limitations in order to save costs. I think they are well aware that players will leave and thereby forcing them to reduce the costs even further. There is no way out of this downward spiral. The question is how long it will take until they hit the ground.

I am talking about change management. Not the 'what' or 'why' for the change. I am referring to 'how' change is introduced to players.