more engines for our spaceships please

Zarcata

I would like to suggest that more engines for our spaceships be implemented in the game. I don't like having a whole wall full of engines. it also doesn't look nice in many cases and seems a bit old-fashioned considering the millennium we are in.

It would be enough if there were engines that you could install inside or on the sides or directly on the front. Somehow more possibilities to create one's own design more freely. I'm not talking about values here to provide better, more powerful engines, but simply to provide design elements and not to put the same engine 20 times in the back wall.

The problem withy more engines is that it will only lead to the same walls of engines but more powerful.. 

Generally players tend to not build what they need, but build what they can and then adjust their needs accordingly. I still do mnost of my flying with my K-480S and Brute and really do not need more. And I am fairly sure that will be true for many who fly some of the monstrosities I see around the game.. ;)

I have made about 50 ships in total but my daily flier is my DragonBoard, though I had to remove the stacked engine and stacked medium brake.

So it only gets about half the performance it used to... Such a shame it used to be a real gas to fly.

04c65ad9-daad-451d-8248-afc14e96a824-800

If you need a wall of engines, you're doing something wrong or just being greedy.

Current engine variants are powerful and efficient enough for most reasonable builds...

5 hours ago, blazemonger said:

The problem withy more engines is that it will only lead to the same walls of engines but more powerful.. 

Generally players tend to not build what they need, but build what they can and then adjust their needs accordingly. I still do mnost of my flying with my K-480S and Brute and really do not need more. And I am fairly sure that will be true for many who fly some of the monstrosities I see around the game.. ;)

I actually have been upgrading to rares on everything and dropping the engine count. But I don't haul megas anymore so there's no real reason to build the tower of power anymore.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/27/2022 at 8:53 PM, Jinxed said:

I have made about 50 ships in total but my daily flier is my DragonBoard

I bought myself a Starscream Mk5 and its amazing, I highly recommend. Some stacked elements but I fixed it. Trust me, it looks way better and goes 2k easy in atmo

Definitions: 

Block = links from components, acts as a way to apply thrust, lift, brake force to a given direction

Component = a stat block, place in a grid and link to a block in order to provide that block with a set of stats (more thrust, braking force, life etc)

Honestly NQ could consider having an engine 'block' that is placed in the direction of thrust, then have engine 'components' that you can place anywhere on the ship and can then be linked to the 'block'. If this mantra was used for all functional elements then people would be free to design a ship that fit their required aesthetic without skimping on performance.

The only reason stacking was ever a thing I thought about doing was because without it my ship would either look nice or be able to do its job but not both.

Components would simply be limited to how many you could fit in a grid, components size can then be balanced around how many will fit in a core.

should a component be destroyed the thrust it provides is lost (or braking if it is a braking component).

Of course commentary on this idea will revolve around this meaning ships will be designed around protecting vital components within the center of the ship, to which I say: great, you won't be able to have all components in the center of the ship so if you design a ship with engines at its core they will be the last ones to be destroyed but that won't help you if your brake components are all gone.

On the face of it, seems like this means aesthetics are something you can achieve without having to overly worry about placement of elements whilst ensuring you have to consider where you place 'components'

On 2/23/2022 at 2:38 AM, Koriandah said:

I bought myself a Starscream Mk5 and its amazing, I highly recommend. Some stacked elements but I fixed it. Trust me, it looks way better and goes 2k easy in atmo

you lost me at “Trust me”. LOL. Dragon board also goes 2k in atmo… But why buy one when you can just build one, tho?

On 2/24/2022 at 2:11 PM, Jinxed said:

you lost me at “Trust me”. LOL. Dragon board also goes 2k in atmo… But why buy one when you can just build one, tho?

Because personally, I can never get the same level of voxel detail lol, and yeah didn't see that yours goes 2k, I thought only 1k mb