Can we get some some rare/exotic adjustors & wings? Tired of putting tons of these things on my ships.

Waffle Boy

I'm not sure how exactly military parts would work.. would they have 50% extra lift and 400% drag or something? (to match the ratio of thrust to fuel consumption of the engine parts)

would military adjustors or brakes need fuel to operate? There would have to be some disadvantage to go with the advantages of more power beyond just price.

years ago I put a request thread for all these missing parts... 
I'm not a necromancer so I'll repost here;

Am I the only one who wants a wider range of elements such as large wings and ailerons so that we don't have to have a row or bank of 20 to do anything.

How about some XL atmo and rocket engines to go with the XL space engines...or an XS Space fuel tank? I'm fed up of having to cart a massive barrel of lard around with me just to use Vertical Thrusters.

Also, while you're at it, could I have some super cool XS hover pads... Maybe half the size and power of the current ones (say 2 x 2 voxels or something)  so we can put one front and back or on each corner of a transport and not have it look like a meth cooking-spoon?

This would be great for some truly minimal, and maybe even speedy, personal transport!

XS size components

— XS Size space fuel tank

— XS Size hover engines

— XS Brakes

— XS Space Fuel Tanks

— XS Rocket Boosters

— XS Space Brakes

— XS Control seat for motorbike like constructs

M Size

— full sized M wings for M construct. 

L size components

— L Ailerons and Compact Ailerons

— L Wings

— L Stabilisers

— Full sized wings for L construct.

MOAR XL size components

— XL Atmospheric Engines

— XL Rocket Boosters

— XL Hover Engines

— XL Vertical Boosters

— XL Wings ailerons and stabilisers. etc.

— XL Adjusters

— XL Cores? YES PLEASE.  <--- OK, so it's been confirmed by NQ that their devs are unable to implement anything larger than L cores in this game due to performance limits.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2022 at 11:40 PM, Jinxed said:

I'm not sure how exactly military parts would work.. would they have 50% extra lift and 400% drag or something? (to match the ratio of thrust to fuel consumption of the engine parts)

would military adjustors or brakes need fuel to operate? There would have to be some disadvantage to go with the advantages of more power beyond just price.

years ago I put a request thread for all these missing parts... 
I'm not a necromancer so I'll repost here;

Am I the only one who wants a wider range of elements such as large wings and ailerons so that we don't have to have a row or bank of 20 to do anything.

How about some XL atmo and rocket engines to go with the XL space engines...or an XS Space fuel tank? I'm fed up of having to cart a massive barrel of lard around with me just to use Vertical Thrusters.

Also, while you're at it, could I have some super cool XS hover pads... Maybe half the size and power of the current ones (say 2 x 2 voxels or something)  so we can put one front and back or on each corner of a transport and not have it look like a meth cooking-spoon?

This would be great for some truly minimal, and maybe even speedy, personal transport!

XS size components

— XS Size space fuel tank

— XS Size hover engines

— XS Brakes

— XS Space Fuel Tanks

— XS Rocket Boosters

— XS Space Brakes

— XS Control seat for motorbike like constructs

M Size

— full sized M wings for M construct. 

L size components

— L Ailerons and Compact Ailerons

— L Wings

— L Stabilisers

— Full sized wings for L construct.

MOAR XL size components

— XL Atmospheric Engines

— XL Rocket Boosters

— XL Hover Engines

— XL Vertical Boosters

— XL Wings ailerons and stabilisers. etc.

— XL Adjusters

— XL Cores? YES PLEASE.  <--- OK, so it's been confirmed by NQ that their devs are unable to implement anything larger than L cores in this game due to performance limits.

Yeah, I agree I don't know the best way to go about it but ship elements as they are right now are not efficient that's why we stack we stack like there's no tomorrow. Gotta reach that 2g + 

Edited by Namcigam
typo

Also I feel like the more elements there are on a ship, the worse the framerate will get in flight... Im on a ryzen 2700x 64g ram 2080ti, and a a 1,5 kt ship will yield around 14 fps... the novark speeder has fluid framerate. Possibly the difficulties stem from 60+ instances of lift and drag being calculated.

22 hours ago, Overstimuloredom said:

Also I feel like the more elements there are on a ship, the worse the framerate will get in flight... Im on a ryzen 2700x 64g ram 2080ti, and a a 1,5 kt ship will yield around 14 fps... the novark speeder has fluid framerate. Possibly the difficulties stem from 60+ instances of lift and drag being calculated.

Our org once had a 6kT ship transporter. it had two rows of M Ailerons stacked from top to bottom of the build cube, so about 400 of them.

If you weren't on a beast CPU (this game appears to be far more CPU demanding than GPU) then you entered the realm of Power Point Presentations.  Like single digit.
If we had access to L or even XL parts, things would have been much better..

Guys, didn't there used to be MASSIVE XL Landing gear at one point in the past or did I just dream it?

1 hour ago, RugesV said:

More items and more item variations is always a good thing. A 1,000 different adjustors, a 1,000 different wings. all different specs and sizes.  The only downside to this is market sorting. 

And needing a different 10,000,000 ℏ schematic for each. 

<sarcasm>But imagine how much content this would bring to the game!</sarcasm>

The idea that you need completely separate industry, market entries etc.  just to change the color of a material is just silly and adds artificial bloat content in a way that is detrimental to the game.

If NQ wants go "gamify" the color of materials, then having a "painter" industrial element that you can run materials through to change color would be much better.

Honestly this is a half measure to what really needs to happen. They need to add a point system to dynamic cores. Every core size has a certain number of points to be spent and every element costs points. Example:

Small Core - 10000 pts

• 3 Large atmo engines = 3000 pts 
  • 1 Large atmo tank = 1000 pts
  • 10 Large adjusters = 1000 pts
  • etc.....

This may seem like a nerf but what would happen is NQ could now actually balance the game where you only need a reasonable amount of elements to make a viable ship and parts of higher rarity would become exponentially more important. The current system rewards just sticking more crap on a core. There is only one downside to adding more and more elements to a ship... fuel efficiency. That is not a big enough downside to able to make all in one ships with very little effort in engineering. They could even introduce rarity of cores that have higher core point counts or add a new element that is extremely heavy but add to core point count making heavy/tanky builds possible. They will never be able to balance the game without some sort of limiter like this in the game.