Blueprints: Allow Change of Honeycombs and Same-Size Elements

Hirnsausen

It woulc ome very handy, if we could change honeycombs or elemnts of a blueprint to something we have in stock or prefer. This alterration would of course not remove any DRM if existing on that particular blueprint.

Example:
The blueprint of a ship demands glossy gold honeycombs. Since I do not have it nor wish to use it, I want to exchange the glossy gold honeycombs with let's say glossy Yellow Plastic.
Or I want to exchange basic space engines S with advanced military space engines S.

Right now I wished for this feature because many of the library BPs I want to place call for many honeycombs I do not have and that are costly to produce. It would be no problem to replace them with honeycomb types I have in stock.

Edited by Hirnsausen

• 3 weeks later...

It would make things easier for some, but I think it is generally a bad idea.

As the creator of a design, I determine its looks and performance. If I want it to have X, Y and Z, then that is what it will have - unless the buyer puts in the work to rework it after purchase/build.

On the same topic - I'm all in favor of a tool to replace elements of the same size and model, but only after the construct has been built.

Thanks for your feedback. I appreciate your input.

The reason for my suggestion is, that sometimes a player might simply not have the honeycomb or element type, especially if it is a very precious honeycomb type or a very precious element.

But sometimes, I simply don't like the color that an assembled blueprint would have, and for that reason I would want very much to change the honeycomb before the ship is assembled and changing honeycombs then will be  hard or change some areas into a worse shape. Well, and sometimes, if a ship comes with basic engines why not to exchange them with advanced or rare ones?

Those are my thoughts, my scenarios.   -)