Element Hitpoints

GraXXoR

Am I missing something?

If you have something with 17,256 HP or  18,818 HP after a 5% boost does it even make an iota of difference?

Seems a lot of XP to 'waste' on something so utterly marginal. Even in PVP, will 1,500 HP make an actual difference?
I mean, if EVERYTHING in your ship got a 5% buff, that would bee the difference of, say 4 shots to death (assuming no shields) and 4.02 shots to death.

3 hours ago, Deleted said:

Am I missing something?

If you have something with 17,256 HP or  18,818 HP after a 5% boost does it even make an iota of difference?

Seems a lot of XP to 'waste' on something so utterly marginal. Even in PVP, will 1,500 HP make an actual difference?
I mean, if EVERYTHING in your ship got a 5% buff, that would bee the difference of, say 4 shots to death (assuming no shields) and 4.02 shots to death.

It might survive a hit depending on what element or part you put talents into.

The HP Talent tree is pretty much an overbloated outdated tree in the sense that for myself I would rather reduce HP rather than increase it to cut down on repair time/costs since PvP is not an every day thing requiring every ship I make to have more HP for no real reason or that instead of more HP I would rather prefer damage reduction/absorbsion instead of HP in general so its worth picking up to lessen damage taken rather than permanantly increasing repair bills and wasting more time than its worth.

Or offer Resistances like heat resistance, PvP weapon resistances independently, and offer a more robust reason to actually invest talent points into so that with heat resistance for every type of ship based element you could cut down atmo burn on ship parts across the board and go faster in general with a higher heat threshold or for PvPers being able to add more weapon resists to each type of ship element from containers to engines, to the weapons themselves so that the damage absorbsion and weapon resists actually matter as PDs and are just as robust as the industry tree.

I would also like to see a mechanic tree that takes all  the PDs from piloting but also has ship based parts that also provide more customization such as additional lift, thrust, aerodynamics, gover height, etc along with more indepth repairing so that fixing things goes faster even with top tier scrap or being able to do more with lower tier scaps.