DEVBLOG: PANACEA 'REMEDIES" ON THE WAY - Discussion thread

NQ-Nyzaltar

The fact that Industry can run on offline hexes is a saving grace for many people and new players. You no longer have to mine in order to produce stuff - Good.
Less Calibrating - Also Good.
Higher Numbers of Charges to allow for more casual miners - also a good change.
Animation speed up - good.
Less Tax - Sure.
Trying to remedy boring harvesting of rocks? - I'll wait for news on this one.
Talents for harvesting - actually more important now that Demeter is a thing.

I'm happy. I'm sure many people are also pleased with this. Well done NQ.

Imma just suggest this here because yea.....

We need player contracts, understandably the mission system is an unintended mess but can be used in accordance with aphelia and orgs maybe, but contracts (private/public) litterallly make the world go around. It would encourage more innovation and micro economies too arise. along with truly giving players the option to do as they please.  
It would be cool if these contracts needed a player delegate (another player) to confirm/initiate the contract so in total 3 parties. 2 for the contract and 1 for the authentication. as if a contract isnt upheld, the 3rd party would be the judge.

Just a suggestion from yours truley. 
Fly safe, o7

Very good changes so far!

My only worry is the calibration charge change. Players are already swimming in ore so to me this was the wrong move and will be capitalised on even further. I would of just extended the time MU's lose charge even further than 72 hours to say 168 hours and kept charge max at 10 and even extended the time it takes to recharge those charges to match the MU grace period increase.

7 minutes ago, Taelessael said:

Much appreciated in all areas.

I must however ask, will mining units be capable of operating on un-paid HQ hexes like all other industry units?

Good question.. it sounds like just industry units, and not mining units.

Nothing in Panacea will fix the issues I have with the mining units as calibrating them is such a painful process, I have given up completely except for the occasional harvesting of the big rocks already spawned and I hope these will not disappear from the surface of my tiles.

Instead of having the rocks spawn right under the mining units, all of which are on platforms so access to the ground underneath is very limited, why not allow multiple way-points, one for each group of spawned rocks?.

The only fun thing left in mining was flying around looking for the big rocks and you are taking that away!

Why is it not possible to mine for T2 ores on Sanctuary?

9 minutes ago, Physics said:

Very good changes so far!

My only worry is the calibration charge change. Players are already swimming in ore so to me this was the wrong move and will be capitalised on even further. I would of just extended the time MU's lose charge even further than 72 hours to say 168 hours and kept charge max at 10 and or even extended the time it takes to recharge those charges.

Agreed. This will effectively allow dedicated miners to run more MUs than before. More ore. They can't rob players by reducing the ore per tile, so they need to reduce charge regeneration rate.

Overall, this balance overshoots in the opposite direction. It will be MUCH harder to reel it back in if it turns out to bee too much (which I expect) tha to further loosen these.

Tax 50% off

Why exactly? just because players say something that does not make it so.

A single fixed rate is the issue here, not the amount.. A good solution woudl be to have a base rate of 500K and add a variable based on the productivity of the tile for the owner with a cap of say 3M quanta or so. The players with massive revenue from their tiles already got off for pocket change, not they just laugh it off.

I really have not seen many really complain about the 1M/week rate and some that did, came to see it's actually not that bad. So i'm not sure where this came from.

Charges to 25 base, upto 50 with talents

Too much. I'd say 10/25 (10 base/1 per level on base talent, 2 per level on advanced talent) would be a more sensible number per day.

Also, how about refunding talents on this as I am good with 25 charges..

Calibration grace 48 > 72 hours

The change itself is good.

Industry can run on offline tiles

Bad idea and too much. If HQ tiles in offline mode can run industry that would be fine IMO. It presents a choice of using HQ for industry or adjecent mining tiles if you apply the same to MU. It also basically turns HQ tiles into exptensions of the Sanctuary tile which is not a bad idea IMO.  This alone pretty much undoes the whole purpose of tax and further benefits the bigger players over the "small guy"

Faster animations on minigame

good, but why not just remove.. it's just a videoplayback so just skip it entirely

Surface harvesting

Could be good, wil need to see 

Very nice changes! I was also hoping for a slower efficiency drop over time too but we'll see how this goes.

Spawning the nodes underneath the mining units might be a solution but im not sold on it yet. Maybe it's possible to enable detection with the alt + V menu like we see other players and constructs? That might be a better way to spread the rocks instead of stacking them under the mining units.

The latter might motivate people to bot the harvesting. Place them in a line and dig a hole so all the nodes are at eye level behind each other and auto press the mousebutton with a macro.

46 minutes ago, NQ-Nyzaltar said:

Greetings Noveans!

We would like to hear your feedback in this thread on the Devblog explaining the adjustments that will be deployed tomorrow and later with the Panacea update!

Best Regards,

Nyzaltar

I will wait and see but after reading that my initial response is it's not going to be good enough. having to go to the farthest planets for uncommon ore is one of the biggest problems and nothing was said about that. More calibrations charges sounds moot and it still sounds very tedious. I hope the surface rocks skills are OP cuz its going to take a miracle to make that proficient. lower tax amount is the best change but that still seems very steep esp. now because the only way to increase your mining is to get more tiles which is going to require increasing the amount of active cores a player can have. This game is way too restrictive and the gains don't justify the means. Too much tedious effort and not enough gains.  

15 minutes ago, Warhacker said:

I like the changes, but when you guys will fix the minigame "cone" bug?
Or i just not see in the list?

There's nothing wrong with the cone game when I play it. You're probably misunderstanding that it searches the radius highlighted when you select the tool. Not the entire hex. So it's actually like the worst tool to use imo. It just vaguely points in the direction of the highest ore concentration in the highlighted area...

"While this is still in relatively early stages, the solution we are looking at is to spawn the rocks right under the mining unit beam, where the beam hits the ground. Players would then be able to rapidly harvest surface rocks"

Only issue with this solution is that most of my MU beams are concealed within a structure therefore I would not have access to any ore that spawned under the beam

The community is only ever interested in getting more for doing less while having zero regard for the eco or game balance in the slightest. This is a devs job and its been failed yet again by nqs knee jerk reaction. 

All this has done is make the same people run even more autominers pushing the ore prices down to the point people are going to complain 500k is to much due to the lowering price of the ore. 

We don't need more ore in the universe, we need a sink for it so the prices go back up. 

Not only has the ore prices forever been destroyed and put more buying power into the hands of mission runners whom are already getting way to much

the asteroids have become completely pointless. 

So in one update you make missions worse, asteroids worthless and destroy the pvp eco all at the same time. 

Hurting pvp, the only thing in the game making elements leave the game further pushing the issue of over supply. 

Stop just making things easier and actually create a balanced game damn it.

17 minutes ago, EasternGamer said:

There's nothing wrong with the cone game when I play it. You're probably misunderstanding that it searches the radius highlighted when you select the tool. Not the entire hex. So it's actually like the worst tool to use imo. It just vaguely points in the direction of the highest ore concentration in the highlighted area...

Agree. Cone works perfectly fine. The issue is how people believe it works. The cone tool only searches a radius... not the entire map.