Can we have an easier way to un-deploy constructs now?

Zeddrick

One of the reasons there are so many constructs in the game at the moment is that there is no easy way to un-deploy constructs.  To do this at the moment requires going into build mode, removing all the voxel (which can get tedious if you miss a small one), removing all the elements (sometimes small ones are hard to find again) and then picking up the core (which I think some people fail to work out how to do given the number of core-only constructs I see around).

I understand the original reason for not having this feature was that constructs was intended to be permanent things not things you could magic up when needed, but with the recent devblog talking about automatically despawning constructs for inactive players does this still make sense?  Are constructs really permanent things any more?  It seems that one of the development goals at the moment is to have fewer constructs in the game (for whatever reason) and it seems to me that having a good un-deploy feature would be great for this.  There are certainly a few constructs I could tidy up if it were easier to do so.  It would also make it much easier for people who want to take breaks to do so without having to worry about moving all their constructs to sanctuary, etc.

It would, of course, need something like s 30 minute timer after deployment to prevent abuse in PvP, etc.  In theory this could be used to make it easier to transport ships, buildings, etc in haulers rather than carriers, but this would be balanced by the loss of all buffs after despawn/respawn and the inability to respawn an un-deployed construct you don't have DRM on without buying another BP.

If un-deploying is considered to be too easy/fast, perhaps this feature could be built into the repair unit?  It can already revert a construct to a previous state, it should be easy to make it revert a construct back to just a core which can be picked up?

So how about it, can we have an un-deploy construct feature please NQ?

They could Just make a function that un-deploys to a static container with endless capacity from which you can only remove items.

The undeploy process could visually be removing elements and voxels at a certain speed so you can see you structure disappear and make it go slower for larger constructs.

a warning could also be send out to corp officers of x level

When we put constructions according to the drawing, the construction seems to be "built" by elements in front of our eyes, why not do the same process only in reverse, and add all your voxels and elements to the connected container. By pressing one button. Esstesvenno doing a preliminary check on whether there is enough space to put it all in the active current container .. I think this is not a technically difficult task, but for some unknown reason, it still does not exist years later. And sometimes people just can't find 1 voxel, wasting hours of their time.

And if NQ thinks being able to 'un-deploy ' a construct is not grindy enough. Then at least give us the ability to disregard the warning and remove cores while there still are some ghost voxels/elements left in the construct, destroying the leftovers in the process.

I have lost count of how many times I have come across abandoned cores, where people have just given up and left the core behind because they cant find the stray object preventing removal.