DEVBLOG: TRA$H TO TREASURE - discussion thread

NQ-Wanderer

Wallet feeling a little light lately? Get ready to remedy that when the Panacea update hits, bringing with it two lucrative, quanta-producing possibilities: space wrecks and inactive asset requisitioning (IAR).

Does not generate quanta.
I mostly like it, the details remain to be seen.
But dont claim it generates quanta please.

There are five tiers of rarity, with lower-tier wrecks with low-value contents spawning at a higher frequency.

Any info on how close to planets or safezone? Space is too big and empty to fly around randomly to "dig a 2SU wide tunnel" and look for something. 

As soon as a player exits their construct in Aphelia territory, a 168-hour (seven-day) abandonment countdown will begin for that construct. 

Hell yes, thank you, please don’t backtrack on this one, it is the only way to really clean up markets and make them usable for everyone.

Edited by Gottchar

Wrecks

- Wrecks, where can they spawn also in the PVP zone?
- also is the rarety depending on safe zone / pvp zone?

- EDIT: can you give us examples how much worth of quanta / what kind of stuff is build insde them

IAR

- What kind of blueprint? hopefully only a blueprint when they have the DRM and not from an other Person (safety for stealing them)

- From orgs, who gets the blueprint only the Superlegate?

- When starts the timer with 180days / 7 days? with the beginning from the patch or sometimes earlier?

- You are writing loosing ships when they are not parked on a Sanctuary tile, how is it looking with cores parked on an HQ Tile, are the Dynamic Construct still safe?

Will People get an Email because of these changes that are unsubscripted to safe there constructs?

9 minutes ago, NQ-Wanderer said:

Greetings, Noveans!

We would like to hear your feedback on our DEVBLOG: TRA$H TO TREASURE.

Around the markets etc. this is a great idea but if you're going to do that to territories and constructs the time limit on that should be long imo. Life happens sometimes you don't play for 1,2 or 3 months. It happened to me between sept and dec. Making the world volatile where you can easily loose assets is toxic and could do you more harm than good. However getting rid of those AG towers would be a great idea while you're at it lowering the AG minimal height would also help with the out of control towers littered in the game. Enabling builders to build shorter towers would easily make them less of a hazard. 

At least they can be seen on the radar. A small step in the right direction.  Now is there a continuous spawn of them? I hope so and we don't have to know the spawn rate, some mystery is good. But I'd like this to be "ongoing" as just being out and flying can net some loots that isn't ore. A step in the right direction if so.

10 minutes ago, juryisout said:

On the aphelia countdown, how are you gonna prevent people from just entering the pilot seat every 7 days and keeping it there?

No good way of stopping them, but the mechanic will solve most of the issue and at least put a good amount of work and risk of losing their stuff in the hands of the people who clutter the market. And hopefully the feeling that they harm the game with their "I have a new ship and everybody should see it even if it kills the game" attitude.

Seems like I'll be removing my advertising kiosks that I repositioned over on the landing platforms that were separated from the marketplaces back in the day. Not like I care much (or have played much last year), people still put up screens anyways and out of game news content and recruitment is more dynamic than manually going out (or VR'ing) and updating each individual programming board.  <_<

I suppose I'll be coming back to Alioth anyways to see what haul I can make off with. Can't wait!

So, all of those container farms around all the mission pickup hub and drop off points will start disappearing because they are on Aphellia land. Cool, while there are a few nice looking ones, most of them are just an ugly pile of containers.

Will this also apply to AGG craft above the titles as well?

Love these changes.  These wrecks are how their low-browed terrestrial cousins should have been. And the salvaging is long overdue.

My only suggestion is to extend the "salvagable" timer on aphelia owned tiles from two days to a week before full deletion.  Players will clean those up quickly.

For every well meaning DarkHorizon there are twenty market spammers with horrendous advertising and lag inducing sales pitching constructs.  I am still against having Aphelia run markets at all (power to the players, players run markets, advertising run by players) but this is still a good step in the interim.

1 minute ago, CoyoteNZ said:

So, all of those container farms around all the mission pickup hub and drop off points will start disappearing because they are on Aphellia land. Cool, while there are a few nice looking ones, most of them are just an ugly pile of containers.

Will this also apply to AGG craft above the titles as well?

Im assuming some of those containers are fuel stocks?

Overall this is a really cool idea! I was kind of hoping for something tile-owner specific so you could claim the wrecks ahead of time, but c'est la vie, this is still awesome.

Out of curiosity, what type of sips will be randomly spawning? Will they be ships from the ship shop, or will you get some designs from users to use? Or new things entirely?

Also, was there consideration to the fact that giving a BP of the ship that is lost will provide a duplicate of the original design? If someone bought a 30 million quanta blueprint, built the ship, parked it on an Aphelia tile, had a friend camp it for the exact mark where it pops and reclaims it, then they can now rebuild a second copy of the ship... I'm not objecting, even as a ship designer myself, but I'm just curious if that was something that was considered and if there were any thoughts on remediating that case.

Lastly and most importantly, you say on Sanctuary tiles, but distinctly *not* on HQ tiles. Is that a relevant distinction? Also what if you share your Sanctuary tile with another, will your ship be safe there? At least from everyone who is not that tile's owner?

Great Devblog!

One Question: How will the game check if the construct on the Aphelia tile has been interacted with? Is the requirement for the owner to get into their seat and move it or is the requirement to remove it from the tile and then put it back in?

The only issue I see with the first method I mentioned is that people can just VR in and build mode or simply get into the seat of the construct to "update" the abandonment timer, which in my opinion bypasses the system that will be introduced.

3 minutes ago, Koriandah said:

Great Devblog!

One Question: How will the game check if the construct on the Aphelia tile has been interacted with? Is the requirement for the owner to get into their seat and move it or is the requirement to remove it from the tile and then put it back in?

The only issue I see with the first method I mentioned is that people can just VR in and build mode or simply get into the seat of the construct to "update" the abandonment timer, which in my opinion bypasses the system that will be introduced.

To be fair you can't pilot a ship in VR, so if they require you to pilot it you will have to *go* there.

I share your concern though, overall.

1 minute ago, Koruzarius said:

To be fair you can't pilot a ship in VR, so if they require you to pilot it you will have to *go* there.

I share your concern though, overall.

Yeah I was referring to the ability to run a PB or go into build mode

Love this cleanup approach that you have presented!

- Do you think there would be a need to expand further on the lack of element sinks in the game?

Regarding the abbandoned wrecks feature, I have no comments at this point in time.

2 minutes ago, Namcigam said:

Another troll reply

ABANDONED CONSTRUCTS DEFINED

Players with a subscription, even if they have not logged in for a while, are in no danger of having their constructs flagged as “abandoned”, with the exception of constructs parked in Aphelia territory as noted below. That was the statement I was referring to "For awhile" isn't 3 months. I over looked where they mentioned it below but that's no excuse to be belligerent like you are. Learn how to act right...

Man, especially the aphelia territory timer is rough... But I'm not against it ?

All in all fairly reasonable changes, glad everybody seems to feel alike. Also I do not begrudge dispenser shops on market platforms, especially since you can't use pilot seats in VR hehe.

From my point of view, the first IAR timer, these construct should be deleted directly and not be ready for salvaging.

I got so much stuff because of Static construct looting, its crazy because people were not online.

Now again the dynamic construct, this would kill the economy completly, when its not already dead fish in the water

I'm not sure about any of this.

The space wrecks seem more of a hazard than an asset for the game, especially in space. Unless these show up on radar regardless of what filters you have set, with the terrible spawnranges the game has, the risk of running into one and wrecking your own ship in the process is real IMO.

The whole IAR idea, once more, seems massively over engineerd with timers that really make no sense. It really feels like a mechanic to try and convince someone to not let their subscription expire or lose their stuff first and create "gameplay" second.

Then, imagine I have a construct I bought the BP for at 25M .. Now transfer the construct to an alt, let him unsub and l capture the construct as it gets unclaimed. My alt now resubs and I have a free blueprint which basically steals 25M from the original seller of the BP. And yes, this wil be exploited to no end I am certain. Also, I sure hope the blueprints that are put in the unsubbed player's inventory is a regular one, not a magic one as otherwise this is an even better mechanic to exploit and dup entire constructs using Alts.

IMO markets should simply have an impound system.. You leave your construct there for 24 hours and it goes to impount at the ARK ship, where you can recover it for an increaisng fee. After it has been in impound for 4 weeks it gets deleted.