Feature Request: incapsulate elements and voxels into Groups and let them be tradable

m0rrtson

Hi NQ,

I wish you could create some functionality to for element Group, that can group multiple elements and voxels into 1 Group element, that can be placed into a construction.

How can this be good for everyone including players and administration?

1. You group 20 Wings M (identically orientated within the construct) into Wing-Group, -
    Result: the Game app can operate with 1 group element as 1 wing with 20 Mega Neuton power, which results in less load on calculations, less lags, higher FPS.
  2. You group complex voxel structure ( a statue of a SnowMan ), - 
    Result: players get ability to sell it as its own with his rights. Now if you sell with RDM, it is a separated construct, or you have to release RDM. But a VoxelGroup structure can be sold as Element and you can deploy it into any construct you want, and RDM is present.
  3. In fact, I want to have Group-element, that represent fully functioning structure with lights blinking, tables, chairs, screens, -- so you can place them into ship.
    Result: If I brake the ship with such Group-Element, I would spend whatever X Scrap it takes clicking only 1 time, and fix it fast.
    what we have now?
    -- 1. if people place a lot of elements, they spend 30-50 minutes repairing after crash. You don't value peoples life-time?
    -- 2. If people don't want to repair all those elements, they imitate chairs, tables, shower rooms etc with voxels... you can't even seat into fake chair.....

Best regards,

M

Yes, a way to make modules that can make up a part of a construct would be great. They would however need to be connected to other parts via links etc, just as they can be today. And I'm sure there are more things to think about in how this would be implemented. Can they be removed in parts or only as a whole etc. etc.

Yes, before anything like this we should first hope for more essential features like voxel libraries and mirror mode building that have been on the 'most wanted' list since forever.

But hey! We are finally getting the number 1 most wanted vertex editor feature, so there is some hope. Only took how many years?

Somewhat related to the topic.

If we had something like the "Voxel Library" where you could save and redeploy voxel shapes.  And another long-requested feature, the ability to copy/paste elements.  I think those two features together would make building large ships a lot less tedious.  

I would rather have:

• Element Scaling Tool
  • Element Selection tool to select groups and copy paste
  • Teravoxel add/delete tool
  • Voxel to Element Creator
  • Voxel to Element Blueprint Creator
  • Conversely Element to Voxel Creator
  • Voxel Parts Creaor that has presets tomake wings, hovers, engines, etc within set shape dimensions.
  • Teraforming tools like chisel 1z1=5x5 square tool.
  • Teraforming Squart voxel Replacement tool
  • Teravoxel to voxel replacement tool for things like roads, bridges, runways, etc that should not need cores within your territory

+10

Tools for large scale and more refined terraforming is a part of this game that just got forgotten. It got slightly better after the smooth tool to flatten large areas was added, but still. But right now I guess large scale terraforming is the last thing NQ wants with regard to keeping the server cost down.

8 hours ago, CptLoRes said:

+10

Tools for large scale and more refined terraforming is a part of this game that just got forgotten. It got slightly better after the smooth tool to flatten large areas was added, but still. But right now I guess large scale terraforming is the last thing NQ wants with regard to keeping the server cost down.

due to the lack of tools for large-scale terraforming, we did this work in the amount of a full 7 hexes of territory before the update "demeter" and after we do it again, since they could not save a huge amount of work in half a year. Now my team and I have been doing the same thing again for the past 2 months, and it will take about 1 month before the end. So, alas, yes.. larger scale terraforming tools would be just super.

On 1/20/2022 at 2:26 PM, m0rrtson said:

-- 1. if people place a lot of elements, they spend 30-50 minutes repairing after crash. You don't value peoples life-time?

I have to say I have spent hours (at a time) doing repairs on my small ship designs after a crash (letting me know it needs more work) and 30 - 50 minutes sounds like an end game time estimate, when you have the higher tier ore scrap to use for repairs. I should point out that I do not begrudge the game this time since its been a while since I had the problem and the game was shiny and new :)

Also the ability to create contracts on the job board for a section group to be made and delivered or just delivered from A to B would probably be a good companion to this idea, since it would save moving some resources around and only require finished products to be moved around for ship construction.

Assuming they are still using this: https://upvote.dualuniverse.game for suggestions to the game I think it would be worth adding your suggestion their if they reopen the portal for suggestions. (It has a strange system in use, which means only when its open can you add suggestions or they get deleted)