Some elements are colliding and will be deactivated a future version - How to find these elements please.

ADCOne

Hopefully someone has the answer to this one since I really do not want to dismantle my ship to figure out what the game is talking about.

So I have returned from holiday today to notice the message 'Some elements are colliding and will be deactivated a future version', the trouble is I never overlap / overlapped any elements (to my knowledge) and only place where the build system would let me. I have tried to start 'building' the ship to see if I can find anything in red but nothing shows as obviously wrong.

Anyone one know how to tell what is overlapping without destroying the ship to find out what item boundaries have been moved to make them overlap since I built the ship?

Thanks in advance.

Ok I found it, always the last place you look! Just posting the screenshot of where to find it so others with the same question can save time.

It seems for me it is something to do with the maneuver space engines:

(Delete image since this functionality is now changed for the better)

50 minutes ago, Sawafa said:

Build mode -> TAB -> Build Helper -> Information -> Elements -> Hover mouse over element with the problem -> TAB.

Now u will have problematic element being highlighted with red light.

Thanks for some reason I did not get the notification of your reply and just noticed it ?

On 1/20/2022 at 5:47 AM, ADCOne said:

Ok I found it, always the last place you look! Just posting the screenshot of where to find it so others with the same question can save time.

It seems for me it is something to do with the maneuver space engines:

TheLastPlaceYouLook.png

This is extremely unhelpful on large ships. I have to go around the ship checking 47 brakes and 48 stabilizers/ailerons looking for one that's colliding when they're scattered everywhere... there's no one place you can stand and see more than a handful of them. And I have 3 versions of this ship (pic). 

image.thumb.png.3b715e28e39c5aa556f73d81136e6473.png

Plus I still don't know how I even got colliding elements in the first place when I just placed stuff where it allowed me. NQ obviously changed the rules.

Edited by Megabosslord

1 hour ago, Megabosslord said:

Plus I still don't know how I even got colliding elements in the first place when I just placed stuff where it allowed me. NQ obviously changed the rules.

They not even changed the rules. They implemented contradicting rules. Sometimes I have a blue element and when I click to place it, it turnes red. That means that there are different rules for placing and collision detection.

There are many times I go to place an element with a ghost outline shown in blue and after spending a minute ever so carefully placing it, I click the mouse and the ghost outline resets to unplaced and I have to do it all again. Why can’t is just fkkn stay there or turn red FFS!!!!

grrrr!!!

An exercise in frustration, sometimes… 

Also, while you’re at it, NQ,  Why TF do voxels suddenly detach when you select them with the move tool. 9 time out of 10 I just want to move them one voxel to the right… 

but oh no, can’t do that. Have to cut them entirely and repaste them wasting precious time. Why can’t we have a move tool just like with elements, able to shift them one unit in any direction at a single keypress?

ok. Rant over. Back to watching Arcane.  

NQ was founded in 2014. 

8 years later, they are still working on very basic components of the game like how mining works, how many cores players should have, and this building UI, which has always been clunky.

Of all the foundational things that need work, you'd think that building would have been 100% done a long time ago. 

Personally, have run out of patience and likely won't be fixing any constructs -- I'm surprised that people have the patience still. It goes to show just how dedicated some players are despite all the flaws. 

10 hours ago, Megabosslord said:

This is extremely unhelpful on large ships. I have to go around the ship checking 47 brakes and 48 stabilizers/ailerons looking for one that's colliding when they're scattered everywhere... there's no one place you can stand and see more than a handful of them. And I have 3 versions of this ship (pic). 

image.thumb.png.3b715e28e39c5aa556f73d81136e6473.png

Mega , you can move around with the highligts, just mouse over the element that is the problem, leave the mouse on top it it, and tab out , it stays highlighted , then you can fly around and check

It is irrelevant discussing how to work around this.

If the current detection system went fully operational, then nobody would be able to trust the build system. And elements would be triggered all over the place when doing normal building using fully legal element placement methods.

So the point is that since it was NQ that created a stack detection that falsely trigger on 100% legal elements that never was an exploit or even an issue, they are the ones at blame and the ones that has to make sure this is fixed before it goes live.