New Sample planet with no 2su safe zone radius.

CoyoteNZ

Eventually I believe the plan is/was to remove the 2su safe zone around planets. so as soon as you reach the top of atmosphere, you are in the PVP zone.

This will mean no warping from safe zone to safe zone, as you will be two close to warp by the time you leave atmosphere.

This will really change up game mechanics and a lot of play style for people on the planets out of the safe zone bubble.

When (if) this comes it will be a huge shock for the player base. Because of this instead of just one day announcing it, and three months latter everybody getting a huge shock and complaining rage quitting, etc., how about you give us a new planet now which this is the case. Seed it slightly better, but not to much better than the other planets to give people reason to go there. Then everybody can get used to the idea instead of it just hitting them in the fact when most of the planets in the system switch.

Even better make it a little more than 500su from the closest planet so people have to make a little range before they can warp.

It would let us practice for what is to come. I know it is possible as I have gone to the VR training worlds, and travelled to the top of atmosphere and found that it went straight to PvP zone.

So release a new planet, we can then have a long time to workout what the issues will be, and iron them out before all non bubble planets go that way

Last I heard, this was already the plan for when they add a new solar-system (along with atmo pvp).

As for incentive (seeing as you could lose statics to pvp in this scenario), moderately better ore and no taxes would probably work.

Players couldn't exactly go ninja-mine now that sub-surface ore is gone and you can see claimed hexes on the map, so they'd probably have to add some major surface rocks if they want said planets to be anything other than major faction only. Or they could come up with a system where by hex-taxes are paid to a faction that has somehow claimed the planet, with the implication that said faction will defend hexes that are up to date from pirates (perhaps they get notifications when a static is attacked on a planet they own?).

I assume that non SZ planets will be only for orgs. There is simply to many resources a org can throw at either attacking or defending a hex that a solo would have a hard time competing. I really can't see any way around that.

There will probably be orgs who set up to defend others, but they will need a funding model which would probably mean taxing their clients. So if you claimed an outer plant hex you'd have to calculate if it could fund your income and your tax and protection money.

So definably don't place your master piece building complex there if you aren't prepared to lose it.

On 1/18/2022 at 6:02 PM, CoyoteNZ said:

This will really change up game mechanics and a lot of play style for people on the planets out of the safe zone bubble.

Even better make it a little more than 500su from the closest planet so people have to make a little range before they can warp.

So release a new planet, we can then have a long time to workout what the issues will be, and iron them out before all non bubble planets go that way

If you really implement such a one-side proposal, all you achieve for your love to PVP is to cut off many players from their mining on such planets and ultimatively lose their fun and quit playing DU. We already lost many of the player-base in the past.

But if you limit your suggestion to just one new planet, a planet with only T1 ore (similar to Alioth), then this would be okay. You get your wishes coming true, while all DU players can still visit and manage their mining on other planets.

But I seriously doubt that there will be a new planet inside the exiting star system. What NQ however announced for the future is, that there will be more star systems.  But those additional star systems make absolutely no sense, if the players cannot reach their tiles there, if your suggestion would be implemented for those new systems.  If you like PVP so much, why not you pick fights, epic galactic battles, against other PVP players here inside our existing star system? Just make appointments for big battles, and have your PVP action. YOu could even make them to streamed or even live-streamed events.

16 hours ago, Hirnsausen said:

If you really implement such a one-side proposal, all you achieve for your love to PVP is to cut off many players from their mining on such planets and ultimatively lose their fun and quit playing DU. We already lost many of the player-base in the past.

But if you limit your suggestion to just one new planet, a planet with only T1 ore (similar to Alioth), then this would be okay. You get your wishes coming true, while all DU players can still visit and manage their mining on other planets.

But I seriously doubt that there will be a new planet inside the exiting star system. What NQ however announced for the future is, that there will be more star systems.  But those additional star systems make absolutely no sense, if the players cannot reach their tiles there, if your suggestion would be implemented for those new systems.  If you like PVP so much, why not you pick fights, epic galactic battles, against other PVP players here inside our existing star system? Just make appointments for big battles, and have your PVP action. YOu could even make them to streamed or even live-streamed events.

I recognize that the idea of pvp players getting any reward/loot/income at all while playing the same game as pve players is abhorrent to you, but you may wish to consider the fact that if they have a pvp only planet/system, then they are more likely to be there and less likely to be anywhere else you want to be.

On 1/22/2022 at 12:05 AM, Hirnsausen said:

I think you mis understood me.

Firstly, I am not a PvPer, I have never owned a ship with guns, and I have lost quite a lot of my mission haulers to PvP.

The system I mentioned about PvP starting at the border was not my idea, it has always been NQs plans for all of the planets apart from the three in the safe zone. That is the reason there are hardly any good ores on Alioth, Madis and Thades compared to the rest; NQ is preparing us for that change by giving us a reason to want to leave the safe zone.

if you do a little experimenting on some of the VR worlds, you will find that this is already implemented, PvP zone kicking in at top of atmosphere.

What MY suggestion is that instead of bringing this in one patch and having all the rage quit and surprise, by something which has been planned from before the start of the beta and they have never altered, is to introduce a planet now with those mechanisms. This would give everybody time to learn, practice,  etc rather than it just hitting us all in the face one day.

There is a set three planet safe zone, all other planets will lose their 2su safe zone, that has always been the plan, they have never stated the slightest hint they are going to change it. I’m just asking for NQ to please give us one planet like at least six months ahead of the switch so people know what the next phase is.

I’m an industrial guy, I run a few mining units, PvP isn’t me, but I’d like to have time to practice and work on a system to see if the planets are still viable for me before they all switch, and I believe having a planet like that six months before they switch them all will help with the introduction. 

On 1/21/2022 at 10:53 PM, Taelessael said:

you may wish to consider the fact that if they have a pvp only planet/system, then they are more likely to be there and less likely to be anywhere else you want to be.

I hope you are right. With all the postings of you in the past as responses to my suggestions, I got the picture that PVP guys not too delighted having PVP with other PVP players, that they would prefer easy prey with no risk for themselves. So, even if there was a PVP-only system, not much PVP would take place there, but they would still come to us normal players and look for easy prey. Doing PVP does truly not mean being brave...

1 hour ago, Hirnsausen said:

I hope you are right. With all the postings of you in the past as responses to my suggestions, I got the picture that PVP guys not too delighted having PVP with other PVP players, that they would prefer easy prey with no risk for themselves. So, even if there was a PVP-only system, not much PVP would take place there, but they would still come to us normal players and look for easy prey. Doing PVP does truly not mean being brave...

To be fair, the suggestions I typically got after you for in the past were all either ones you quite blatantly made in the hopes of entirely driving pirates and/or pvp players from the game, or ones you quite blatantly made in the hopes of entirely driving pirates and/or pvp players from anywhere pve players would conceivably want to go. It also didn't help that your counter-argument to anyone poking holes in your ideas was almost always just insults, trolling, and blind accusations (like calling anyone that disagrees with you a pvp player/pirate) instead of trying to come up with solutions to the problems they'd point out.

Make no mistake, pirates will always go after easy prey regardless, but if a pvp system exists where they can reasonably obtain better rewards than they would by hanging around the starting system, then a sizeable portion will go there, and you'll have that many fewer to worry about everywhere else.

More to the point... CoyoteNZ's idea is to give players significant warning and practice well ahead of safe-zone removal from any pre-existing planet, and while I suspect based on things I've heard that they will just add a new pvp system instead, if NQ ever decides to remove the SZ from a pre-existing planet then CoyoteNZ's idea is a good one.

Scroll up dude, second line of my first post on this thread.

The question now is incentive... what reward would provide sufficient draw to pvp players without destroying the game's economy. Better hexes would obviously draw large orgs with the manpower to maintain control over them, but how do we entice the medium and small guys to make what is likely to be an at least mildly expensive trip in to an area where they'd need to be self-sustaining? 

My first thought would be sizeable surface-rocks, at least t2 stuff so the small guys could ninja-mine to maintain their fuel and ammo supplies they'd be using in their inevitable raids on larger orgs...

Based on what we see all over in our existing star system, it is rather the well-organized and cross-linked pilots of the big PVP orgs that make it impossible for single pilots to prosper. LEGION is such a bad example, Dude. 
But anyhow, I am supportive for a PVP-only system, it just must not mean any arrising shortages or needs for normal players inside the existing system.

I would like to see more input from other gamers here, to create a wider narrative of ideas for the suggestion of a PVP-only system.

• 3 weeks later...

A beacon in random space not in the pipe between the two plants would defeat your plan. 

Could always add in a ~50su gas cloud around the planet that prevents warp. Maybe even have the gas increase lock and firing ranges. But then if they add in this gas cloud system. They would not even need to add another planet. 

Put these random pockets of gas in space along pipes. Have so if your warping and you warp through one of these gas clouds. Your ship stops in the middle and you need to fly out of it before you can warp again.

10 hours ago, RugesV said:

if your off by 1 degree at 400SU your going to be off by 7SU. 

People are using scripts and radar to pirate and calculate trajectories, warping to a beacon while someone with that script was watching you would almost certainly lose you the beacon if you didn't move it immediately.