X1 Fuel Price check Jan 17 2022

Namcigam

2 hours ago, Namcigam said:

So, you're only allowed to run out of fuel on Alioth. That sounds like a perfect way distribute fuel. Talk about ignoring the elephant in the room... 

Running out of fuel is supposed to be a problem, if it wasn't, then why would anyone bother to carry fuel around with them?

If NQ delivered cheap fuel everywhere in the solar system, it would kind of remove the need to even think about fuel at all.  At that point they might as well just remove the need for fuel all together.

NQ is kind enough to seed those markets with expensive fuel, to save you in an emergency.  But if they sold it cheap, it would also undercut players trying to make money selling fuel.

K1 is 18.99 at market 6 right now.  Buy some and bring it to Madis moon 3 

Useless Markets are a problem not a feature. Gathering resources is supposed to be a means to an end not the main feature. That too is a problem not a feature.  No wonder they are having problems. I think they have been getting a lot of radical feedback. There should better ways to make quanta than scalping fuel & ore. 

Regarding having markets stocked with different things, on one hand I am really against having bots sell even more things everywhere, on the other, it would be nice if it was easier to sell anywhere but market 6.

Some months ago I brought about 20kt of elements, from doors and plants to engines and containers, to a sanctuary market. I priced them about 30% over alioth market price, to compensate for the storage fee for 90 days. Then, after those 90 days I picked most of it up again and brought it to market 6. 

Due to the storage fee (0.02 quanta per day per litre) based on litres and time, t1 items are best sold with a 7 or 30 day timer, rail L ammo not at all. As long as the storage fee exist, sellers not only want to make sure their stuff is sold fast, but also that is will sell within the timer. Not only will my stuff be sold quicker at market 6, but I can also be somewhat sure somebody will buy it at all. Any if somebody someplace else wants it, he can still buy it and set up a mission for transport.

Anyway, if all moons, (especially Sanctuary) had no storage fee and duration timer, but instead double the value fee (two instead of one percent) it would mean:

-Some items, like ammo, are generally better sold at moons, won’t hurt to have an active ammo market on Alioth moon 1, sounds fun.

-New players on Sanct will actually find items on the local market, because seller, like me, can sell items there without thinking about selling before things run out.
-The doubled value fee would mean higher tier items, be it t3+ engines, guns, warp drives, anti grav etc, will still be sold at normal markets.
-OP is more likely to be able to buy fuel for normal-ish prices next times it happens