Trade PvP warfare investment for racing

Sabretooth

What if....

NQ focused more on the ability to race?

Racing is one of the most fun interactive things to do in this game.

-Concentrating on hover vehicles, like more types of hovers and propulsions. And maybe that the lower you are to the ground, the faster you go (maybe this will be a problem on Thades..)

-Easy ability to have checkpoints and lap-times.

-Have packages WITH RIGHT CLICK INFORMATION so we can set them in dispensers for rally's or checkpoint controle.

-Have *boop* options (or something) so there can be a 'police' kind of option. This can even be done with (ground/hover only) weapons

-Please let us copy the way we have programmed a group of lights!!! To set up a group of blinking lights, each light has 5 parameters to set up, and for each time you have to right-click the light and go through the menu to select the parameter you want to adjust.

This way the scenery can come in handy for racing. Also, for a rally, you can give your tile(s) up for a checkpoint and be visited. Muy-o mucho more-o interactivooooo

And since there is a camera LUA coming up, it will be "easy" to follow as fan on a screen

I would love to see a DU cannonball run.

I also think this will attract a LOT of players, since we can design our own futuristic vehicle.

And we dont have wheels in this game and we almost always fly, but with more improvement on the hover side.... 

I think Im a f-king genius with this simple to implement upgrade, what do you guys think?

Edited by Sabretooth
added Muy-o mucho more-o interactivooooo

49 minutes ago, Sabretooth said:

What if....

NQ focused more on the ability to race?

Racing is one of the most fun interactive things to do in this game.

-Concentrating on hover vehicles, like more types of hovers and propulsions. And maybe that the lower you are to the ground, the faster you go (maybe this will be a problem on Thades..)

-Easy ability to have checkpoints and lap-times.

-Have packages WITH RIGHT CLICK INFORMATION so we can set them in dispensers for rally's or checkpoint controle.

-Have *boop* options (or something) so there can be a 'police' kind of option. This can even be done with (ground/hover only) weapons

-Please let us copy the way we have programmed a group of lights!!! To set up a group of blinking lights, each light has 5 parameters to set up, and for each time you have to right-click the light and go through the menu to select the parameter you want to adjust.

This way the scenery can come in handy for racing. Also, for a rally, you can give your tile(s) up for a checkpoint and be visited. Muy-o mucho more-o interactivooooo

And since there is a camera LUA coming up, it will be "easy" to follow as fan on a screen

I would love to see a DU cannonball run.

I also think this will attract a LOT of players, since we can design our own futuristic vehicle.

And we dont have wheels in this game and we almost always fly, but with more improvement on the hover side.... 

I think Im a f-king genius with this simple to implement upgrade, what do you guys think?

Warfare is an important key feature that NQ uses to lure people into the game and has never sold this as a racing game and while I am sure that there could be some kind of draw to racing or space racing as a genre I think doing so could be done to an extent.

NQ would need to:

• Making a proper waypoint system that allows for multiple waypoints as a list and an element that players can interact with that with a yes/no checkbox to download the coordinate list.
  • Another element that has a que list of players interested in racing as well as a number of participants for each race.
  • Some kind of security system that you can have public ships for racing that if they try to leave the territory it will automatically enguage an autopilot to take it back to a preset location for that ship.
  • Some kind of auto repair system so that while in that territory the ship can be linked to a container within the teritory that will automatically repair damage so that ships are good to go with minimal or no effort.
  • A auto placement system for qued players to where it gives them temporary access to racing ships and removes access once a race has been completed and will automatically take all ships back to the starting race positions for the next race.
  • Some kind of perms to flag PvP within specific tiles as part of a racing system for races that lasts until a race is complete and tied to the racing Que Element in which a tile owner can have PvP flagged, set up teams or independent teamless options as well as the allowed weapon types or sizes as well as what can share perms in terms of what can be damaged in the case of interactive portions of races like triggers for collapsing parts of tracks, obstructions like voxel walls, etc as you could also allow the spectators to man turrerts orsomething.

Many of those things have many uses beyond just racing as NQ should never shift their focus to any one thing in DU with so many things missing or being needed in game beyond racing.

1 hour ago, Warlander said:

Warfare is an important key feature that NQ uses to lure people into the game and has never sold this as a racing game and while I am sure that there could be some kind of draw to racing or space racing as a genre I think doing so could be done to an extent.

NQ would need to:

• Making a proper waypoint system that allows for multiple waypoints as a list and an element that players can interact with that with a yes/no checkbox to download the coordinate list.
  • Another element that has a que list of players interested in racing as well as a number of participants for each race.
  • Some kind of security system that you can have public ships for racing that if they try to leave the territory it will automatically enguage an autopilot to take it back to a preset location for that ship.
  • Some kind of auto repair system so that while in that territory the ship can be linked to a container within the teritory that will automatically repair damage so that ships are good to go with minimal or no effort.
  • A auto placement system for qued players to where it gives them temporary access to racing ships and removes access once a race has been completed and will automatically take all ships back to the starting race positions for the next race.
  • Some kind of perms to flag PvP within specific tiles as part of a racing system for races that lasts until a race is complete and tied to the racing Que Element in which a tile owner can have PvP flagged, set up teams or independent teamless options as well as the allowed weapon types or sizes as well as what can share perms in terms of what can be damaged in the case of interactive portions of races like triggers for collapsing parts of tracks, obstructions like voxel walls, etc as you could also allow the spectators to man turrerts orsomething.

Many of those things have many uses beyond just racing as NQ should never shift their focus to any one thing in DU with so many things missing or being needed in game beyond racing.

No no no, I like your ++ideas and you are in depth right. But to me you are going full Forza and thats not what Im trying to do.

There is already racing, Im trying to implement very simple things to make it even more easier to do what we are already doing now!

23 minutes ago, Sabretooth said:

No no no, I like your ++ideas and you are in depth right. But to me you are going full Forza and thats not what Im trying to do.

There is already racing, Im trying to implement very simple things to make it even more easier to do what we are already doing now!

Yeah I get it.

It will take elements and a waypoint system at the very least to standardize racing. The PvP aspect within tiles is also a needed function for scrims or to add another needed layer to racing.

To me it should all be self contained within the rest of the mentioned things to streamline the whole process and aid with quing up that is a needed function for other aspect of the game for mining or PvP with whoever is active combined with the auto healing features which have been needed for some time to break up the tedium or return to home functions as well.

Most of that stuff already exists in scripts people have made and taking those and adding it to elements into the game is really the missing half of the game.