Wipe the damn servers!

Tiberis

A wipe is necesary  to reset the economy but also to reduce the unbalanced number of schematics in game.
A wipe will reset the economy but does not fix it. Still a good balance needs to be implemented by NQ in the future updates.

But what is overlooked is the number of schematics that have being bought in the few months where Ore prices went rogue. It was I think somewhere after the 0.23 update when the bots where removed and Ore prices went so high that all it took was mine one megaNode and you gained 100-200 million quanta.  The income increased by 10x but the schematic prices stayed the same. This caused that a lot of players became a billionaire and could affort ALL schematics. My opnion is that there are way to many schematics amongst us. There should be lower rate by which schematics are getting spread amongst the players (schematic prices tightly coupled to the ore prices). Therefor schematics needs to be part of the wipe as well.

This is silly, by that logic we sould wipe again after the wipe, whenever prices go a bit haywire.

Highest I've ever seen was around 90-100, thats times four not x10... Let's be generous let's say 120 quanta... For a billion you'd need to sell 8,33 million liter t1 that is assuming dumping so much ore wouldn't depress the price.

For 8,33 millions liters you'd still be mining AT THE VERY LEAST 40hours on meganodes, that's 40hours non stop clicking the green outline. More realistically it was like mining random T1 nodes 4 hours a day (assuming 200k in 4h which is neckbreak paste even with max talents), for about 41 days.

On 1/16/2022 at 8:41 PM, Habitant said:

Nah dont wipe ... in fact all of us who "suffered" the balfa state of the game gief us 50 billion quanta free plus 50 million talent points free ... ^^

I approve of the term Balfa..   (UK spelling Balpha ? )   Gief on the other hand feels like grief  or if  a Bond Super Villain were speaking: "Gief mee ze nehmz off al yor akompliecez."

On 1/19/2022 at 1:08 AM, BlackLionoftheStars said:

I think a wipe seems inevitable...

Something can't SEEM inevitable, it either is inevitable or it isn't... If it merely seems inevitable, then it isn't: it's merely likely.

A small, but important distinction given how rumours seem to become truths around here.

1 hour ago, Deleted said:

Something can't SEEM inevitable, it either is inevitable or it isn't... If it merely seems inevitable, then it isn't: it's merely likely.

A small, but important distinction given how rumours seem to become truths around here.

Odd take. It's a valid phrase to use. There's a distinction between someone saying that something is "likely" compared to it "seems inevitable" -- the meaning is similar, but not at all the same. 

A lot of authors and journalists use the phrase....some dictionaries even have the phrase in their example use of the word inevitable.

So...while I get what you probably mean with this post, I can't resist picking apart your picking apart of this common phrase ?‍♂️ Cuz I'm bored. 

24 minutes ago, blundertwink said:

Odd take. It's a valid phrase to use. There's a distinction between someone saying that something is "likely" compared to it "seems inevitable" -- the meaning is similar, but not at all the same. 

A lot of authors and journalists use the phrase....some dictionaries even have the phrase in their example use of the word inevitable.

So...while I get what you probably mean with this post, I can't resist picking apart your picking apart of this common phrase ?‍♂️ Cuz I'm bored. 

Meh... So was I... I guess I'm just old fashioned.

I'm sorry, I reread and realised I was coming across as complaining about grammar.

For example, what's the difference between Impossible and completely impossible?
Like, if something is definitive, it shouldn't be totally definitive....  merely definitive.

I even used to get chastised for using "completely full".... 
     "It's either full or it's not," I would be told.

or "fully complete" for that matter...

.. it's either complete or it's nearly complete...   if we take fully to be a valid synonym of completely, then we are saying it's completely complete or fully full which is obviously redundant.

For now we're just doubling up... like using the phrase "Hence why..." which basically means "that's why why"

But if we put the grammar aside, which once again, I realise I came across incorrectly as implying was incorrect, I was concerned with the implication that by using inevitable he or she was stating an accepted definite position rather than a personal opinion.

"It seems inevitable" is implying something that cannot be avoided in order to garner support by stating an agreed upon premise for something that is merely personal supposition.

This is basically the same as saying "I think it's inevitable" which means "it might be inevitable... " he or she is not sure of the fact. Therefore it's not inevitable... The whole concept of inevitable is utter certainty...

So, while it's grammatically correct, logically or semantically and without further qualification, the statement is at best misguided, at worst disingenuous.

Like I said, semantics... but hey, I'm bored and it's nearly 3am.

12 hours ago, Verliezer said:

A wipe is necesary to reset the economy but also to reduce the unbalanced number of schematics in game.
A wipe will reset the economy but does not fix it. Still a good balance needs to be implemented by NQ in the future updates.

But what is overlooked is the number of schematics that have being bought in the few months where Ore prices went rogue. It was I think somewhere after the 0.23 update when the bots where removed and Ore prices went so high that all it took was mine one megaNode and you gained 100-200 million quanta. The income increased by 10x but the schematic prices stayed the same. This caused that a lot of players became a billionaire and could affort ALL schematics. My opnion is that there are way to many schematics amongst us. There should be lower rate by which schematics are getting spread amongst the players (schematic prices tightly coupled to the ore prices). Therefor schematics needs to be part of the wipe as well.

Are you serious now? Are you suggesting to clear the server every time, just because the economy is alive? and reacts to the world? Does that mean the price went up or down?

Sir, please forgive me.. This is an absolutely normal situation when market prices either rise or fall depending on demand/updates, etc. So it was and will be in all MMOs before the release and after the release - it doesn't matter, and everyone falls into this zone of such prices - all under the same conditions. And if you didn’t find it, don’t worry, you will find it in the future, but no one will ever wipe it just because someone missed the last part of the game’s history. It's funny in this case.

Having money = fun, it allows one to be creative (build, pvp, industry etc.). This should occupy more than 80% of what a player does.

Earning money is what can feel like a job, this part needs to be more fun or this should occupy less than 20% of what a player does.

Wiping the server to "fix the economy" is just deleting someone else's fun.  Your fun should not depend upon someone else's wallet size in or outside of the game, whether they earned it "fair and square" or exploited.

The only issue is relative inflation making it harder for the new players to earn enough money to have fun, especially if the rich players are willing to pay an amount that puts items out of reach for the new player.  This can be simply fixed by increasing the allowance for the poor and removing it for the wealthy. Inflation would still occur, but it would no longer only impact the poor, so it's impact can be mostly negated.  However, supply of ore wayyyy outstrips the demand, so ore is worthless, which makes the job part worse.

NQ really needs to hire an economist.

On 1/26/2022 at 11:18 AM, Caerus said:

Wiping the server to "fix the economy" is just deleting someone else's fun. 

Well, its bit more complicated.

There is larger context, its not only about economy.

If NQ plans to pretty much stay in current paradigm of how game played/planned to progress, wipe is meaningless. I agree, its just destroy "fun" of current stubborn [last] surviving players achieving nothing. Its generaly story of allowing to die quitly, without too much stress.

If NQ (unlikely, but who knows) will be about to turn it around risky agressive way, do some serious, fundamental changes, to make game something attactive for sustainable audience number-wise, new hype-boom, then complete wipe is nessesary step of this huge "new era" reboot.