Wipe the damn servers!

Tiberis

So to all the “wipe NAU” proponents, how do you suppose NQ compensates those who joined in the Beta?

Imagine actually paying over a year for a game only to be shoved back to day 1 suddenly at some arbitrary time and told everything you’d achieved has been wiped i.e. we deleted all your data… but we’ll keep your money, cheers. 

I would feel a right mug for wasting my time in a game like this only to lose everything I’d built. 

17 hours ago, Deleted said:

Seems questions are difficult, I'll re ask the question part of the question:

"Seriously, what would a wipe actually -demonstrably- achieve."

Oh sry It was not clear. I was trying to answer that a wipe would fix the economy.

18 hours ago, Verliezer said:

Oh sry It was not clear. I was trying to answer that a wipe would fix the economy.

A wipe will not solve any problems in the economy. The only thing that will happen is that you start again from 0 and then the broken economic cycle starts all over again and heads exactly where we are now. As in real life, there is no healthy and functioning economic cycle.

12 hours ago, Zarcata said:

A wipe will not solve any problems in the economy. The only thing that will happen is that you start again from 0 and then the broken economic cycle starts all over again and heads exactly where we are now. As in real life, there is no healthy and functioning economic cycle.

Maybe the game is indeed in a state that a wipe in it's current state will not solve the broken economy. However, when the game (if ever ...) will come into a state where the economy is fixed (kinda), then you need something to repair the damage that has being done.

" Fix the leaky faucet and then mop". The wipe will be the mopping, I can't see any other scenario which will fix the damage that has being caused in the past.

9 minutes ago, Verliezer said:

Maybe the game is indeed in a state that a wipe in it's current state will not solve the broken economy. However, when the game (if ever ...) will come into a state where the economy is fixed (kinda), then you need something to repair the damage that has being done.

" Fix the leaky faucet and then mop". The wipe will be the mopping, I can't see any other scenario which will fix the damage that has being caused in the past.

What damage do they mean? The few quanta and players who got some schematics at the wrong price? Or those who had copied various things through bugs? They are minorities that hardly play a role in the overall economy.

On 1/15/2022 at 11:49 AM, Deleted said:

Seems questions are difficult, I'll re ask the question part of the question:

"Seriously, what would a wipe actually -demonstrably- achieve."

Two pages in, and no one can answer this...because there is no answer. 

Even if a wipe could magically fix the economy....so what? How would that actually improve DU in any meaningful way?  

You'd still be stuck calibrating miners or slow-boating missions. Most players would still avoid PvP. The game would still be years from anything close to 'feature complete', which is infinitely more of an issue than the economy being "broken".  

DU is a game that currently lacks depth -- resetting it doesn't fix that. If anything, it would set it back. For those that believe a wipe will actually improve the game, I invite you to answer the quoted question...what would a wipe actually achieve? 

7 minutes ago, blundertwink said:

Even if a wipe could magically fix the economy....so what? How would that actually improve DU in any meaningful way?  

You'd still be stuck calibrating miners or slow-boating missions. Most players would still avoid PvP. The game would still be years from anything close to 'feature complete', which is infinitely more of an issue than the economy being "broken".  

DU is a game that currently lacks depth -- resetting it doesn't fix that. If anything, it would set it back. For those that believe a wipe will actually improve the game, I invite you to answer the quoted question...what would a wipe actually achieve? 

Maybe they mean wipe the game ...

?

15 hours ago, blundertwink said:

Exactly! Nobody can say with concrete certainty that a wipe would fix anything at all.

Sure some groups got filthy rich off the 99% reduction in schematics prices. But to be brutally honest, it wasn’t that hard for our group to get all the schematics we need. Hell, we have a drawer full of random unused ones. 

we have achieved complete self sufficiency except for Rare tier engines I like to use for safe zone transports. 

We also have a net surplus of T1 materials selling constantly and we can make all our own fuel. 

but sure, if wiping all our literally months of effort would demonstrably and certainly improve the game the I wish someone would explain it because like you, I can’t see the game NOT falling into exactly the same rut again, just without the few orgs selling Rare and exotic tier goods at MP6. 

A wipe would be totally useless in the current state of the game.

This will be dramatic for the whole PvE community. They would have to start all over again for the farming part to obtain the ores and wait several months to return to the same level of fun as at present. And the level of fun is already not very high.

And for the competitive part / PvP, we will find the same capacities as currently in 1 or 2 months maximum.

I think a wipe seems inevitable, yet I think if we had a plan, that involves keeping player made content either intact by location or as core blueprints to keep.

This reminds me of a style similar to Rust with perhaps even periodic wipes. Then the race could begin anew, but with assets available to sell or buy through the market system. Revive the local markets and drive expansion quickly.

I am still here doing my small business model of ship and industry. Had to pull back several territories, but at least I found several meganodes before the surface revamp. Better than some, but still chugging. 

Hope it works out.

If you periodically wipe DU there is litterally no reason to not play another game that does flying or shooting better.

I'm not saying that timers that bite of big fractions of the day are the greatest thing since sliced bread, but if I wanted to play another game I'd play another game.

New solar system for new paying beta players, lets admit it, a lot of the economy is damaged by people with scores of beta keys.

Of course it would feel like a very quite world.

I have two subs, i'd probably drop one and start again to be in a system with only sub payers to see if it expanded differently

Can you please elaborate what you would expect to be able to do, in order to not consider the economy broken?

Which prices are too low or too high in your opinion? Is there a lack of supply or demand for a particular good? Is it the price of a particular schematic, or schematics in general? Do you think there is a giant wealth gap causing problems, if so which problems? ... idk... is the collaterals on player made missions?

Don't need to answer all that at once, just like, can we have a broad idea of what expectations towards the economy you consider unfulfilled? Why do you consider the economy damaged?

15 hours ago, Overstimuloredom said:

Don't need to answer all that at once, just like, can we have a broad idea of what expectations towards the economy you consider unfulfilled? Why do you consider the economy damaged?

....and why do you think DU will be improved if the economy were "fixed"...?

An unbalanced economy should be at the bottom of the list in terms of NQ's priorities -- who even cares if the economy is unbalanced when the feature-set is so absurdly lacking....?!

That's like worrying about the paint color of a crumbling house -- fresh paint might help make things look better, but it won't fix any important issues. 

2 hours ago, blundertwink said:

....and why do you think DU will be improved if the economy were "fixed"...?

An unbalanced economy should be at the bottom of the list in terms of NQ's priorities -- who even cares if the economy is unbalanced when the feature-set is so absurdly lacking....?!

That's like worrying about the paint color of a crumbling house -- fresh paint might help make things look better, but it won't fix any important issues. 

We can agree on the second paragraph, actually I was a bit surprised that we'd agree, but now that I reread you I realize the first question was directed at me and not rhetorical or anything.

I would just like people who claim the economy is broken to elaborate, because that statement in and of itself doesn't say much... and I've heard weird stuff before, like people expecting that one needs to be able to turn a profit by buying ore and selling it as pure or intermediary parts (pipes, screws, etc those with +50% the talent) and I'm like: you realize how quickly those talents are skilled, and why no serious industrialist would want to be dependant on the market for such a basic step?

So yeah if you think the economy is broken, elaborate please.

On 1/18/2022 at 6:44 AM, Knight-Sevy said:

A wipe would be totally useless in the current state of the game.

This will be dramatic for the whole PvE community. They would have to start all over again for the farming part to obtain the ores and wait several months to return to the same level of fun as at present. And the level of fun is already not very high.

And for the competitive part / PvP, we will find the same capacities as currently in 1 or 2 months maximum.

I agree as of the state of the game from last few patches my ore gathering has dropped by so much  I can’t even work on my projects much I’m mostly waiting two see if it’s going two be fixed a whipe at this point would probably  just push the final nail in the coffin 

On 1/13/2022 at 1:15 PM, Tiberis said:

So as one of many players who don't play as often as others. I'm pretty pissed off at the state of the game, lack of content, and frankly how taxes are being handled. So now all my buildings can be taken if I am away due to life, and someone else can just blueprint them. Which is bullshit. Just wipe the servers already like should have already been done. Enough is enough. Make a game worth playing or shut it down...ffs.

I completely disagree with you, and I'm almost sure you are ready to go for it because you play once a week, and not like us. We dedicate ourselves to this game every day, and for example, I do not agree to erasure at all. But I look at those mechanics that the developer introduces with a positive look, since it always works, and will not delay the consequences, as, for example, there were purges with the markets. That is, this mechanic is implemented in many games. And I don’t know where you should go for more than an eternity, if you announce headquarters tiles, no one will disassemble anything and will not be able to take it away, read the patch notes carefully. Surround your tiles with headquarters - and all your problems are solved.

3 hours ago, Zireaa said:

I agree as of the state of the game from last few patches my ore gathering has dropped by so much I can’t even work on my projects much I’m mostly waiting two see if it’s going two be fixed a whipe at this point would probably just push the final nail in the coffin

Sorry, but if your ore collection has decreased, then it seems to me that you are doing something wrong, since everyone I know claims the opposite, there is a lot of ore and people even have nowhere to put it. Every second person in my organization from t1 to t4 has tens of millions of ore already.

And yes .. the market is proof of this, the price of ore is ridiculous, it speaks of low demand and high supply .. Think about what you are doing wrong. Here, on the contrary, it is necessary to cut down the production somehow or to make an outflow of elements from the game in a large number, it is necessary to destroy the elements, etc.

On 1/15/2022 at 8:22 AM, Maxim Kammerer said:

Yes it does, but only after it is feature complete and balanced. That is many years away. No need to talk about it now.

So you'd propose NQ spend years implementing all proposed features, fixing PVP, balancing the economy, and make the game super fun. And then, risk it all with a wipe that will solve nothing. Sure, uh huh, fat chance.

1 hour ago, Stratio5 said:

So you'd propose NQ spend years implementing all proposed features, fixing PVP, balancing the economy, and make the game super fun. And then, risk it all with a wipe that will solve nothing.

So you'd propose NQ spend years implementing all proposed features, fixing PVP, balancing the economy, and make the game super fun. And then, risk it all with not removing all the garbage resulting from the chaotic dfevelopement process. Sure, uh huh, fat chance.