Wipe the damn servers!

Tiberis

So as one of many players who don't play as often as others. I'm pretty pissed off at the state of the game, lack of content, and frankly how taxes are being handled. So now all my buildings can be taken if I am away due to life, and someone else can just blueprint them. Which is bullshit. Just wipe the servers already like should have already been done. Enough is enough. Make a game worth playing or shut it down...ffs.

wiping the servers solves nothing, casual player will always be behind those that are more dedicated or organizations, as it is suppose to be. just like new player will have less then one that is 1,2,3 years old.

key is it doesn't matter what others have, focus on what you have and can do and have fun.

but i agree, with the sentiment, the game sucks, i still come back from time to time, but now the game is even more like a second job, where you pay a subscription to be part of it...

3 hours ago, Tiberis said:

So as one of many players who don't play as often as others. I'm pretty pissed off at the state of the game, lack of content, and frankly how taxes are being handled. So now all my buildings can be taken if I am away due to life, and someone else can just blueprint them. Which is bullshit. Just wipe the servers already like should have already been done. Enough is enough. Make a game worth playing or shut it down...ffs.

Can I have your stuff?

7 hours ago, Overstimuloredom said:

Unless you specifically deactivated DRM on your structures, requisitioners can not blueprint them either, nor copy paste voxelmancy into another structure.

This is actually, not true. Last I tested recently constructs that are placed need to have their DRM "Locked"- the initial/original is completely DRM free until locked down/copied. IMHO it is a problem.

It would be nice if when you pointed at a construct , that next to the name of the construct you could see an small icon of an open or closed lock so you could quickly and easily see if your construct is drm protected.

Damn you quote function making formatting impossiible on the smartphone why am I above the quote? Anyway I was not as lucky, could it be that the date when the core was put down plays a huge role in this?

15 hours ago, BlindingBright said:

This is actually, not true. Last I tested recently constructs that are placed need to have their DRM "Locked"- the initial/original is completely DRM free until locked down/copied. IMHO it is a problem.

18 hours ago, Gillwin said:

It would be nice if when you pointed at a construct , that next to the name of the construct you could see an small icon of an open or closed lock so you could quickly and easily see if your construct is drm protected.

Do you mean that the "[DRM]..." in the name isn't enough?

15 minutes ago, Deleted said:

people keep harping on almost troll-like about wipes.. but seriously, what would a wipe actually -demonstrably- achieve.

The economy is beyond repair due to outrages prices before Demeter and the Blue Print selling disaster last year. A lot of people became very very rich in an awful short time. This is beyond repair and only solution is a new solar system with a new coin or a wipe of the current solar system.

1 minute ago, Verliezer said:

The economy is beyond repair due to outrages prices before Demeter and the Blue Print selling disaster last year. A lot of people became very very rich in an awful short time. This is beyond repair and only solution is a new solar system with a new coin or a wipe of the current solar system.

Seems questions are difficult, I'll re ask the question part of the question:

"Seriously, what would a wipe actually -demonstrably- achieve."

This is what it will (not can) achieve: They have the illusion of a level playing field for half a weekend, before they realize they have jobs and are months away from actually doing something in the game, redact a roman worth of bitching before ditching the game.

A wipe will not change anything. There will always be players who get very rich very quickly. There will always be players who, because of the knowledge/experience/time/money in many accounts/...achieve more than the normal standard player.
There will also always be players who achieve more because they work together than many who try solo.

Currently, a wipe aims purely nothing. The conditions that prevail now will be the same in a few weeks.

I think NQ can't afford to do a wipe and lose a lot of players in the hope that it will attract new players. It remains a lottery game.

As a real solution for new players, you can insert a second solar system for new players at release and protect it with a barrier until the society there has worked its way up to a development point. The solar systems must then each build a stargate so that this barrier is removed and the solar systems are connected. This would be good for old and new players. Depending on the interest of new players, more solar systems could be activated this way, should there really be an increased player request. At the moment, however, I see little demand for the product, as it simply appeals to a small potential minority in this category of games on the market.

46 minutes ago, Zarcata said:

A wipe will not change anything. There will always be players who get very rich very quickly. There will always be players who, because of the knowledge/experience/time/money in many accounts/...achieve more than the normal standard player.
There will also always be players who achieve more because they work together than many who try solo.

Currently, a wipe aims purely nothing. The conditions that prevail now will be the same in a few weeks.

I think NQ can't afford to do a wipe and lose a lot of players in the hope that it will attract new players. It remains a lottery game.

As a real solution for new players, you can insert a second solar system for new players at release and protect it with a barrier until the society there has worked its way up to a development point. The solar systems must then each build a stargate so that this barrier is removed and the solar systems are connected. This would be good for old and new players. Depending on the interest of new players, more solar systems could be activated this way, should there really be an increased player request. At the moment, however, I see little demand for the product, as it simply appeals to a small potential minority in this category of games on the market.

To to have twice the servers for a new 1Xtra galaxy. 

And what would prevent galaxy 1 players to start up an org at galaxy 2? 

1 hour ago, Zarcata said:

And there will always be players who use cheats and exploits. Usually they get banned in MMOs, but in DU most of them got away with it. Maybe we can see that as some kind of compensation for the pain to play 'beta', but there must be a clear cut on release. All the burden inherited from the chaotic developement needs to be removed. Of course there will be be players who get rich very quickly again. But as long as they do that unter the same conditions as everybody else it will be fair play.

1 hour ago, Zarcata said:

DU needs much more players to survive. In the long term losing the current players base or not doesn't really matter.

1 hour ago, Maxim Kammerer said:

DU needs much more players to survive. In the long term losing the current players base or not doesn't really matter.

It plays a significant role, as those who were interested in DualUniverse have long been in the game, or at least have been before.

The wipe issue is a very complex one, as there are currently a lot of players who are already paying for the game in beta form and there were various purchase arguments that a wipe in general could also result in refund claims. (Unless it would be technically impossible to release the game without a wipe).

1 hour ago, Sabretooth said:

To to have twice the servers for a new 1Xtra galaxy. 

And what would prevent galaxy 1 players to start up an org at galaxy 2? 

Why should players from solar system 1 be forbidden to create accounts for solar system 2 and to pay for them constantly via subscription? 
I have also not talked about 2 different servers, but on the same server, if I understood it correctly, everything runs for us players anyway in the same room.