Small fixes that would improve the DU experience immediately.

HamyMac

I'd suggest several new features to reduce the number of repetitive tasks:

1) on the map; an option to 'Mark Tile as Scanned' so you can see at a glance by colour on the map the tiles you have results for. .. better, colour coded for each tier or ores found there. So, pale yellow for T1 to dark yellow for T5s.

2) scanning: create a talent to reduce scannning times, or apply the old scnning skills to territory scanners to the same end.
3) on the market; a 'This Market Only' and a 'This Planet Only' option, so you aren't scrolling through dozens of useless market search results.     

4) on the inventory info: display the current market value of the selected item or the drop-down option to 'Open Market Listing for this Item'

Thassallthanx

:)

Edited by HamyMac

I'd certainly like to see a "Scanning Analysis" and maybe "Advanced Scanning Analysis" talent.

Scanning analysis would reduce scan time by 5% per level, advanced requires this talent to be L5 and then allows for a further 5% per level so when trained fully you reduce time for a scan by 50%.

I'd be fine with that being an x2 and x4 talent respectively.

13 hours ago, HamyMac said:

I'd suggest several new features to reduce the number of repetitive tasks:

1) on the map; an option to 'Mark Tile as Scanned' so you can see at a glance by colour on the map the tiles you have results for. .. better, colour coded for each tier or ores found there. So, pale yellow for T1 to dark yellow for T5s.

2) scanning: create a talent to reduce scannning times, or apply the old scnning skills to territory scanners to the same end.
3) on the market; a 'This Market Only' and a 'This Planet Only' option, so you aren't scrolling through dozens of useless market search results.     

4) on the inventory info: display the current market value of the selected item or the drop-down option to 'Open Market Listing for this Item'

Thassallthanx

:)

1) You can already see the hexes you've scanned by linking to the container with the saved scan data in it, making it your active container and selecting the container from the dropdown menu bottom left of the map. 

this is a chore though, so it would be better if we could see these map results from the scanner itself, too, without having to mess around with containers and links and stuff. 

Yes, colour coding the hexes for each tier is a nice idea or otherwise ranking or filtering based on chosen criteria like you can currently do with container contents. 

2) yes, a bespoke scanning proficiency skill applicable to the territory scanner would be nice. 

3) I would go further to add a click box to filter out all bots sales and purchase orders from search results with a single click. 

I also want a “what’s cheap here” browse feature that only lists products being sold at lower prices compared to other places. Say, within the cheapest 10% of all listings or something like that. 
sometimes I just want to browse and see what’s on offer after showboating for three hours. 

Finally, I would like the search box to actually use “AND” logic between search terms rather than 1980’s style literal string search so that

pan black alu 

or

alu panel bla

return the expected results rather than having to remember EXACTLY what the product is named. 

but these are band aids. Because really, player market terminals linked to the central database are what’s actually needed. 

and for THOSE I’d be willing to pay a rental tax. 

One word, information.

There are so many subsystems in this game. Crafting, trading, markets, tile scans, tiles, constructs, talents, MU's etc. And they are all their own master, with completely different interfaces and ways of presenting information. Take for example the MU's where you have to run around like a headless chicken directly interfacing with each and every MU separately just to check their status. That makes no sense what so ever in a sci-fi setting.

So what we need is a simple and straightforwards way of gathering all this information from different systems in one place, so that we can compare and strategize.

On 1/12/2022 at 5:57 AM, Deleted said:

1) You can already see the hexes you've scanned by linking to the container with the saved scan data in it, making it your active container and selecting the container from the dropdown menu bottom left of the map. 

they really need to change the colors tho, the greenish color is barely visible on arctic hexes (at least for me)

On 1/12/2022 at 4:45 PM, CptLoRes said:

One word, information.

There are so many subsystems in this game. Crafting, trading, markets, tile scans, tiles, constructs, talents, MU's etc. And they are all their own master, with completely different interfaces and ways of presenting information. Take for example the MU's where you have to run around like a headless chicken directly interfacing with each and every MU separately just to check their status. That makes no sense what so ever in a sci-fi setting.

So what we need is a simple and straightforwards way of gathering all this information from different systems in one place, so that we can compare and strategize.

That really is the actual point... it is a game where you can link seventeen different systems via a lua and have to manually change and calibrate MUs.

On 1/12/2022 at 4:57 AM, Deleted said:

this is a chore though, so it would be better if we could see these map results from the scanner itself, too, without having to mess around with containers and links and stuff. 

Yes, colour coding the hexes for each tier is a nice idea or otherwise ranking or filtering based on chosen criteria like you can currently do with container contents. 

2) yes, a bespoke scanning proficiency skill applicable to the territory scanner would be nice. 

3) I would go further to add a click box to filter out all bots sales and purchase orders from search results with a single click. 

I also want a “what’s cheap here” browse feature that only lists products being sold at lower prices compared to other places. Say, within the cheapest 10% of all listings or something like that. 
sometimes I just want to browse and see what’s on offer after showboating for three hours. 

Finally, I would like the search box to actually use “AND” logic between search terms rather than 1980’s style literal string search so that

pan black alu 

or

alu panel bla

return the expected results rather than having to remember EXACTLY what the product is named. 

but these are band aids. Because really, player market terminals linked to the central database are what’s actually needed. 

and for THOSE I’d be willing to pay a rental tax. 

Appreciated, Deleted... :) Ty for the scan tip. 

On 1/14/2022 at 8:45 PM, HamyMac said:

Oh... and can we for god's sake please have S,M and L Elevators?!

More than different sizes, I would prefer an elevator to be able to reach from any corner of an L cube to the opposite corner without having to use 4 elevators in total.

64M is just too short.

Moreover, I wish they would let us link elevators BETWEEN CORES.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, HamyMac said:

It would also be nice if the windws for the market, crafting etc were scalable and movable and you could have more than one open at a time.

Cue the old trope:
—brrrrrrng brrrnnng.

”yes? Uh huh… ok… bye now.”

—click

“Who was it?”

“It was the 90s. Apparently they want all their modal dialogue boxes back.”