Lack of atmosphere variation since Alpha

Squidrew_

Hi everyone! I made a similar post about this a long time ago here but thought I'd write a new one dedicated to this issue in General Discussions.

All atmospheric bodies in the game (except Sanctuary) have the exact same Earth-like, blue look to their atmospheres with the same apparent density (the exact same rendering), whereas in Alpha and Pre-Alpha, they were unique per planet (i.e., dense, purple atmosphere on Madis). They also all have clouds now which takes away some variety IMO.

As you guys over at NQ made Sanctuary's atmosphere orange, I was wondering if the atmospheres would ever return their original unique looks, and if not, why that might be the case. It's a server-side change as far as I'm aware, so it shouldn't require a client update!

I wanted to shed some light on this as I haven't heard anyone else talk about it, while me and my friends have been acutely aware of it. I don't expect a response or anything, just decided to make a post, in case, I don't know, you forgot or something haha.

This would be an incredible change. Here are some pictures that I dug up online by the way:

unknown.png?width=1202&height=676

Gorgeous, gorgeous Sinnen. As you can see, it's quite nice and orange, and it doesn't have clouds either. Imagine standing on its surface, looking out onto a deeply rich, warm sky.

unknown.png?width=1202&height=676

A ship on a cyan Talemai (this was on the original Dual Universe site)

3695173-07.jpg.a9278ea7d270d6f0b8b482ca344926e1.jpg?width=1202&height=676

And here's Madis, with its purple Venusian-like atmosphere

(P.S. if you want to view the original graphics for each planet, you can do so by looking at the map icons)

On 1/11/2022 at 1:16 PM, Deleted said:

Personally I hate the shitstain sky of Sanctuary and wish it had a blue sky. But I assumed they were trying to make it as unappealing as physically possible. 

Which makes no sense what so ever, since Sanctuary is this games equivalent of newb town where many players form their first impressions of this game.

On 1/9/2022 at 6:15 AM, VandelayIndustries said:

Those pics look even more amazing without that shitty nebula too. It's quite a feat NQ has pulled off...making the visuals actually worse as time goes on instead of better. 

indeed, just look at those glowy rocks that make pretty much every biome look like sh*t