The Great Uncommon ore recession of 2022

Namcigam

On the outer planets you will find T2 and T3 on pretty much every scan.

The current issue is that those T2 and T3 ores are not bringing in much more quanta than T1.  When we consider the travel time/risk etc its not really worth it.  Sanctuary is currently my most time/quanta efficient hex.

No with asteroids, it is better to have T1 / T2 tiles in the safe zone and go mine what is missing.
You are not going to fight for Q4 / T5 in passive income when you have several days of production in a few clicks on a roid.

The only mechanic to push people into PvP for turf warfare will be to remove taxes on anything outside of a safe zone.

I find the MiningUnits good, only the implementation somewhat lacking, especially for casual players, the calibration times are much too short.
Furthermore, I find the ground ores that you can get through the calibration too time-consuming. The basic idea was actually to spend less time mining. It takes a very long time to pick up these ground ores. I also mind the constant running around on the tile, just to pick up the few ores. Here I would have liked to see small mini-robots that automatically pick up these ores within a tile.

I also miss different MininUnits designs. Now you see the same elements standing around everywhere in the block on the areas - that's boring. Some players have already made these units fancy with voxels - but there is still a whole bunch of style elements missing in the game.

But what bothers me the most is this nonsensical ore distribution on the planets. Especially a main planet like Alioth should have a lot of T1 ores and in each area a small amount of T2 for Spacefuel. I fly from my actual base, which I have built up for months, >180km to the mining fields. It's just annoying to fly back and forth, because I actually want to keep building my base and not keep flying around for calibration. (VR is possible, but you lose too many bonuses and you don't have enough container range).

18 minutes ago, Knight-Sevy said:

No with asteroids, it is better to have T1 / T2 tiles in the safe zone and go mine what is missing.
You are not going to fight for Q4 / T5 in passive income when you have several days of production in a few clicks on a roid.

The only mechanic to push people into PvP for turf warfare will be to remove taxes on anything outside of a safe zone.

Currently, PvP on planets doesn't make sense because of the territories. The taxes and the ore yield on the outer planets are not worth sending a fleet there to capture these territories, when you can also fly with this fleet to one of the asteroids to mine much more ore in a short time.
Why build territories on moons or planets outside the safe zone at all, if the protection of the outer planets would soon fall? I currently see many players and organizations building up on space stations, from there they go with space-only ships to the asteroids. Saves many taxes and with the ships the whole Atmo equipment.

20 minutes ago, Zarcata said:

Currently, PvP on planets doesn't make sense because of the territories. The taxes and the ore yield on the outer planets are not worth sending a fleet there to capture these territories, when you can also fly with this fleet to one of the asteroids to mine much more ore in a short time.
Why build territories on moons or planets outside the safe zone at all, if the protection of the outer planets would soon fall? I currently see many players and organizations building up on space stations, from there they go with space-only ships to the asteroids. Saves many taxes and with the ships the whole Atmo equipment.

Exactly, the current mechanics arent thought out at all for "atmo pvp" and I suspect NQ has probably abandoned it completely.  At least for the foreseeable future as they have clearly stated reducing server costs was the decision behind detemer.  It wasnt a gameplay decision.  And thus i believe they will try to do some "space territory warfare" as thats where the pvp is located right now anyway, so will cost significantly less development time, as they can just develop some shield that goes on a space core and give it a timer or 2.  And maybe some new gas resource to harvest and there you go, BAM space territory warfare.

They could also just put a handful of new planets into our solar system and equip them with T6 ores and gems, all new planets/moons/gas clouds would be complete PvP zones.

Starship bases could get core shields with energy, the energy has to be constantly renewed, similar to taxes, so they have a shield. If you don't supply energy, you lose the shield and the space base can be attacked.

12 hours ago, Underhook said:

On the outer planets you will find T2 and T3 on pretty much every scan.

The current issue is that those T2 and T3 ores are not bringing in much more quanta than T1.  When we consider the travel time/risk etc its not really worth it.  Sanctuary is currently my most time/quanta efficient hex.

I suspected that's what they were doing making Uncommon ore piñata bait....smh

12 hours ago, Knight-Sevy said:

I still have the impression that all of our scans were done next to each other.

Why haven't you taken a scan somewhere else on the planet after seeing that the area is not of interest to you?

I've this on Alioth, Madis, and Thades I suspected they were making uncommon ore piñata bait but I wanted to see for my self. Making the safe zone T1 only was the dumbest move yet but they keep out doing themselves in this manner.  

Space fuel is selling for as little as 15quanta a liter. T2 ore is selling for as little as 30 quanta a liter.  I am pretty sure you will be able to survive even if you have to buy your fuel now.  Now if your main gig is fuel production. sounds like you need to move to a new planet. 

1 hour ago, RugesV said:

Space fuel is selling for as little as 15quanta a liter. T2 ore is selling for as little as 30 quanta a liter.  I am pretty sure you will be able to survive even if you have to buy your fuel now.  Now if your main gig is fuel production. sounds like you need to move to a new planet. 

Yeah great point except it's  a rip off, those prices are somewhere in the far reaches of nowhere it's 5 times that in most places. 

Now if taxes were said to be paid to maintain the no fire safe zone, I could kind of understand the canon, but having to pay taxes for a hex in free for all region of space  makes less than zero sense. 

make all hexes outside the safe zone free. 
THAT would be an incentive for orgs to move out there. 

although currently there are not even enough remaining players for the core planets let alone spreading them out 1 person per planet.