ORGS need a boost.

When can organizations start owning planets?  Along with the rewards for owning and maintaining org tiles on a planet.  This can be with that org collecting taxes among a myriad of other things.  

image.thumb.png.5be7c938230e3b5d8cab5a2944b91a9c.png

If its built and DRIVEN by players, then please for the love of god let us finally build up empires to control and maintain planets.  Then we can have some real politics in game too. Drama creates activity.  It also gives purpose, and long range goals.  Get it done NQ.

1 hour ago, VandelayIndustries said:

If its built and DRIVEN by players...

Macro social component is kinda more silent (then other issues) but very important casualty in whole mess.

To illustrate: we still (after 2 years?) do not have community page, where orgs were able to post adverts/news/communicate. No any meaningful social tools (minus wallets). No ways to seriously influence world. DU started with quite healthy macro-org life, rpg, ambitions (just check all drama in first 2 years, it was great) and ended up shrinking to pretty much solo/small band of nerds experience.

I sometimes wonder why to even bother with all expensive one shard shit, if its totaly not used. DU pretty much be same with some 30 people sessions.

7 minutes ago, le_souriceau said:

I sometimes wonder why to even bother with all expensive one shard shit, if its totaly not used. DU pretty much be same with some 30 people sessions.

This is the biggest thing right here.  IF you break down individual components of DU so many games do everything better.  The voxel building is pretty decent, but beyond that, its all shit.  But what is suppose to make it NOT shit, is we can do it all in a single shard universe.  Im not even talkin total PVP with owning planets, but there should be reasons to take control.  And each character gets to chose to be a citizen (if that org allows obv) and buff would also come from that.  Anything to actually give meaning and purpose to this single shard game,  

Seriously, as a gamer, I don't care what technology is behind it to make the game run stably and with high quality.
I play to have fun. Content isn't fun in any game when constant lags and disconnections dominate the game. It's also no fun to get into a game where various content is promised that isn't even there or possible to be implemented.

There are thousands of games on the market, all of them offer "something" that makes them good and attracts players. Sometimes more players, sometimes less players. The greater the selection in a game and the higher the quality, the more players are attracted. World of Warcraft had more than 12,000,000 subscriptions in its prime. There were so many of them because there were hardly any good alternative games, which over time started to affect the status of the game when there was more and more choice on the market. In general, the game market became bigger and bigger over time - think about it "in the past" a gamer was a NERD - today he is a hero and even earns money with luck and planning.

What DualUniverse needs is content that attracts and positively engages gamers. It also needs diversified content in the game to attract many interest groups. Right now we have the voxel game, which only attracts a minority and with luck can pull some players away from Minecraft. But then what? The "PvP" is so broken, players prefer to stay in other PvP-based games, especially since there is only one type of PvP here and other games offer whole different PvP activities: (AvA, different arenas, battlegrounds, rated battlegrounds, openWorldPvP, castle battles, ship battles, faction wars, guild wars, ...). What's more, this content is very easily available when players come home in the evening and just want to "play" for 1-2 hours. Turn on the game and play, just log into a battleground, get invite and off you go....the same principle exists in the PvE area. Dungeons, raids, quests, world bosses, world riddles, achievement systems, collection systems, pets, mounts, housing, professions.....

Even sandbox games like ArcheAge offer a minimum of game content to keep players positively engaged. A player needs to have a choice between mining for a higher goal or just playing free for a few days and relaxing while playing.

Right now, DualUniverse is a niche product because it attracts a tiny minority of potential players - and therefore customers.

4 hours ago, Zarcata said:

Right now we have the voxel game, which only attracts a minority and with luck can pull some players away from Minecraft.

Ultra unlikely.

Majority of MC players are kids, who... do I need to explain why they totaly not interested in DU? And never be as long they are kids? 

Bit older dudes likely end up in some surivaval games if MC spark that nerve.

Only category that can be remotely interested in DU -- serious builders, BUT they usualy work around YT chanells and has things somewhat motenized, will never bother with so unknown game, when they can farm thousands of views with MC scene.

in fact, if i'm a YT channel or a twitch streamer, i'd probably rather play minecraft, since there's much bigger audience there to build the channel.
I'm looking at the categories on Twitch right now: 
DualUniverse: 16 viewers
Minecraft: 65,257 viewers

StarCitizen: 3845 viewers
Eve Online: 883 viewers

But well, why am I even worrying about that...?

5 hours ago, le_souriceau said:

Ultra unlikely.

Majority of MC players are kids, who... do I need to explain why they totaly not interested in DU? And never be as long they are kids? 

That's not actually true -- there are over 120 million active Minecraft players every month (as of 2021) and the average player is likely a 20+ year old male. 

If active Minecraft players were their own nation, they'd be the 12th most populated nation on the planet, just behind Japan. 

There are far more adults in the population than children (only about 22% of the population is children in the US), so with such a generally popular game, it would be difficult for kids to be the main demo. 

Minecraft is obviously very popular with kids, but they definitely aren't the majority. 

6 hours ago, le_souriceau said:

Ultra unlikely.

Bit older dudes likely end up in some surivaval games if MC spark that nerve.

Only category that can be remotely interested in DU -- serious builders, BUT they usualy work around YT chanells and has things somewhat motenized, will never bother with so unknown game, when they can farm thousands of views with MC scene.

Well… a lot of kids who played Minecraft are now adults.

Minecraft was released a decade ago.

1 hour ago, blundertwink said:

That's not actually true -- there are over 120 million active Minecraft players every month (as of 2021) and the average player is likely a 20+ year old male. 

If active Minecraft players were their own nation, they'd be the 12th most populated nation on the planet, just behind Japan. 

There are far more adults in the population than children (only about 22% of the population is children in the US), so with such a generally popular game, it would be difficult for kids to be the main demo. 

Minecraft is obviously very popular with kids, but they definitely aren't the majority. 

Right. If DU targeted Minecraft players, it could generate significant growth. Draw 1% of the Minecraft crowed and watch the DU numbers bounce.

The challenge is the starting experience is terrible right now. NQ needs to quickly address that, then do some targeted marketing.

Edited by Doombad