How do you think DU has progressed in the last year...?

blundertwink

7 hours ago, le_souriceau said:

Basicly some people generated (with their bots help) like "x100 of tunnel digging per person" NQ was kinda expecting. Considering this in many cases was not even covered by measly subs, math become totaly unsustainable.

And this is what we tried telling NQ since 2017, but they never even acknowledged that there might be a problem until suddenly Demeter.

- We think you are underestimating how much people are going to dig, how will you handle the persistence server load?  Silence...

- How will you deal with fixed resources (ore and tiles) making it so that new players will have a harder and harder time staring the game since all the best spots will be taken?  Silence..

- This game is really difficult to learn for new players and the building system requires lots of resources to learn proper. How will you solve this? Silence...

- Can this game really function without PVE? Silence..

- How will you limit people from advancing to quickly but still have fun building?  Silence...

- The lag city stress test (pre-alpha thing before we had District 6 to highlight the same issue) shows that this game will not scale anywhere close to what you promised it would. Is this going to be fixed before release? Silence...

- Why is there so little progress being made with regard to improved game loops?  Deafening silence...

I was shocked from the beginning that the ground did not regenerate over time I knew this would end up being a problem and in the end rather than fix it they took the cheaper way out I’m so disappointed in the detection this last patch took us I just wish they would scrap this I’m finding it a Paine in the ass two even be able two build anymoor it’s not fun geting so little amount of ore this is not fun anymore two me I just loved the building in this game now it’s just two time consuming 

and even if I wanted two build a pvp ship and trie that I’m not spending a month or moor two lose a ship it may be time two just try find somting else that fills my creative side voide that landmark left me but now DU is heding in the same direction at this rate I dont see this game ever being good maybe star base can do better 

1 hour ago, CptLoRes said:

And this is what we tried telling NQ since 2017, but they never even acknowledged that there might be a problem until suddenly Demeter.

- We think you are underestimating how much people are going to dig, how will you handle the persistence server load?  Silence...

- How will you deal with fixed resources (ore and tiles) making it so that new players will have a harder and harder time staring the game since all the best spots will be taken?  Silence..

- This game is really difficult to learn for new players and the building system requires lots of resources to learn proper. How will you solve this? Silence...

- Can this game really function without PVE? Silence..

- How will you limit people from advancing to quickly but still have fun building?  Silence...

- The lag city stress test (pre-alpha thing before we had District 6 to highlight the same issue) shows that this game will not scale anywhere close to what you promised it would. Is this going to be fixed before release? Silence...

- Why is there so little progress being made with regard to improved game loops?  Deafening silence...

Ha - I wish it were just 'silence' - half the time we'd get talked down to like we're  a bunch of chicken little's .... "You don't understand just how much ore there is to mine! It'd take years!"

Every time you did get a dev response on any of the concerns, you'd get told you were just wrong...