Core unit talents and requisitions

Hecticus

Hey folks,   -Does anyone know if talents restrict how many static cores you can requisition? I found an abandoned tile with 20 or so cores on it. I have core unit upgrades 4. 

I wonder will I be able to requisition all 20 something cores? They are already placed, so is that going to invoke a restriction, bypass it, or create a bug situation? Anyone know?

(Pardon me if this has already been addressed, I searched and did not find an answer.)

7 hours ago, Jake Arver said:

If you have core unit upgrades 4 you can own 10 cores total, so if you have those used, you can't complete a requisition..

When you say "complete" what exactly do you mean?  Were you not able to requisition a core, because you were at the core limit?  Or were you not able to receive ownership of the core after waiting two weeks?

Even if it's not possible to requisition a core, when you're at the limit, you could still requisition a core when you were below the limit, and then place enough cores to reach the limit during the two weeks before the requisition is complete.

So that still leaves the question of what happens to a requisitioned core, when the two weeks is up, if the new owner is at the cap?

Seems like a good question.

Were you not able to requisition a core, because you were at the core limit?  Or were you not able to receive ownership of the core after waiting two weeks?

I was able to requisition cores above the number that I am talented for. We'll see about claiming them when the timer is up.

17 hours ago, Atmosph3rik said:

So that still leaves the question of what happens to a requisitioned core, when the two weeks is up, if the new owner is at the cap?

Seems like a good question.

You can start the process once your claim the tile, I would expect that you can't actually take ownership after 2 weeks if you have used your available core count.

So no one knows -here anyway.  I guess I will form an org, (just my wife and I playing as a team so far). 

It wouldn't matter if I was just going to tear it all down, I could stagger it, but I am planning to keep most of this base intact. It's too bad some of these exceptional creatives  left, but that's another discussion.

I have another tile I salvaged that's butt-ugly. I can't wait to tear it down.

I will let you all know how the core requisitions go unless someone else does.

Point is that logic tells you that you can start the requisition process as you do not yet own the core at that time, once you take ownership you need to have "available free core slots" to be able to do so. But as this is NQ, logic is not always a given.

As mentioned, if you have L4 of the talent, you can own 10 cores. you can always train the org core talent which gives you more cores faster and then tokenize the cores you have, complete the requisition and tokenize, then move the core to your org.

Requisitions must be confirmed at the end of the 14 day window by right clicking the building. It felt like I could exceed my core number but I really didn't pay attention.

I know because there was a weird bug (?),the only thing I don't know is wether my neighbour actually knew the original builders or lied to me.

Overstim: What weird bug? 0.o

Jake: Unless they overlooked that when they coded in the requisition process. I know very little about programming but I do know it only does what you tell it to.

I am going to do the org thing but I'm going to wait till I max out my cores first so I can see what happens. 

Idk if it's intended behaviour because I don't fully know what happened.

I set my sights on a large wealthy and inactive base because it fit the description of possibly being up for grabs. At that point I didn't really know why, I guess FOMO, I'm interested in removing eyesores but it wasn't an ugly base. Anyway I log in before having to go to work, see it's unclaimed, rush over there to claim it. Then I notice the two mainbuildings had switched ownership, many were allready being requisitioned (by me IIRC), all with different timers, some could be confirmed to switch ownership instantly.

Flying back I saw the guy was actually online and informed him of what happened, told him he could have it all back once I get home from work. He didn't talk a lot, just told me his old orgbuddies gave it to him and I tried to whisper him at the hour I told him I'd be back, and several times after with no avail. I even tried the alt once.

So IDK what to think of it, wether he lied or actually doesn't care about a few mainly empty cores... I just know that excavating one building I saw a voxel library I'd like to copy +-10 days from now ^^