Can you spot the problem?

VandelayIndustries

49 minutes ago, Underhook said:

I have not used weapons yet.  Looking at the screen shots I don't see any problem?

Look at the damage.  They are the same.  One is heavy which is suppose to be bonus to dmg.  The other is precision that is bonus to range. But the precision gets the dmg bonus AND the range dmg.  Those 2 stats are the most important stats of any gun currently.  So no one uses any gun other than Precision.  Unbalanced.

8 hours ago, VandelayIndustries said:

Look at the damage.  They are the same.  One is heavy which is suppose to be bonus to dmg.  The other is precision that is bonus to range. But the precision gets the dmg bonus AND the range dmg.  Those 2 stats are the most important stats of any gun currently.  So no one uses any gun other than Precision.  Unbalanced.

Did you read the description?

Precision = Superior damage and range

Heavy = Superior damage and vision

11 minutes ago, Underhook said:

Did you read the description?

Precision = Superior damage and range

Heavy = Superior damage and vision

That is the problem. DMG and range are the most important.  Literally no other gun but the precision variant is used in pvp. Is that balanced to you? Who cares what the description says.  There is 0 point in pvp to use any other gun.

3 hours ago, VandelayIndustries said:

That is the problem. DMG and range are the most important.  Literally no other gun but the precision variant is used in pvp. Is that balanced to you? Who cares what the description says.  There is 0 point in pvp to use any other gun.

Sorry, I thought you meant they were not operating as intended.  Its still alpha, we cant expect balancing yet  :)

On 12/25/2021 at 2:54 PM, Knight-Sevy said:

When ships can catch up with others maybe weapon variants will be used.
But it takes a lot of change at the same time: nerf of the shields, up of the voxel and especially the end of the pvp cross section.

Sounds like you want to return to the "Borg cube" meta.

5 minutes ago, Haunty said:

I'd like them to do something more original with weapons, but if they're going to copy Eve they should copy Eve better.

I think they have plans for upcoming speed changes.  I would like to see XS cores get a new weapon that bypasses shields and hits elements and CCS directly.  Could be a good balance for them being complete shit dps and range.  

18 minutes ago, VandelayIndustries said:

I think they have plans for upcoming speed changes.  I would like to see XS cores get a new weapon that bypasses shields and hits elements and CCS directly.  Could be a good balance for them being complete shit dps and range.  

Yes gear changes are coming.

Ship categories below L will appear to be able to catch up with these.
To see which mechanism they will choose.

But above all they have 2 massive problems to deal with:
- prevent the shield L from being placed elsewhere than on a ship L
- Remove the cross section or modify it enough so that we can make ships with the viseul that we want (DU is a build game above all, it will be good to respect that)