Why keep subing?

TNalac

Greetings

I kept my sub only to find my content reclaimed by the new territory system.

You could have given more notice. Could have given more time for the first wipe. But hey right before Christmas seems a good a day as any right?

I kept my sub. What was the point if you are just going to remove the content anyways.

I kept the sub to support the product but now your dont do voxel mining at all.

Not the game i signed up for and not paying to have you remove my content.

Could have been kinder with peoples creations.

Merry Christmas

6 hours ago, TNalac said:

I kept my sub only to find my content reclaimed by the new territory system.

All your territories with constructs on them (up to five) were automatically assigned as a "Headquarters" and won't become abandoned, even if you don't pay the tax.  You have up to five Headquarters per account.  So unless you had more than five tiles claimed, then you shouldn't have lost anything.

And i think, even if your territories became abandoned, someone has to claim them, and then you have another two weeks to log in and move your stuff, before the person who claimed the tile can salvage anything.

NQ made several public announcmeent of this coming well in advance, as far back as late October and offered a way to prevent this from happening in the process.

It's not that they did not give enough notice, it's that you pay a sub for a game, do not play and do not keep tabs on what the developer of a game in "beta" is doing"

I'm sorry, but this is pretty much on yourself

5 minutes ago, Jake Arver said:

NQ made several public announcmeent of this coming well in advance, as far back as late October and offered a way to prevent this from happening in the process.

It's not that they did not give enough notice, it's that you pay a sub for a game, do not play and do not keep tabs on what the developer of a game in "beta" is doing"

I'm sorry, but this is pretty much on yourself

While I don't disagree with you, NQ though has really skewed the lines on where the game is at.  They say its beta.  By their own admission its not released.  They are making what everyone in the industry would call alpha level changes by removing a core feature mining on planets/moons.  So this begs the question, why couldn't NQ release the new tile changes but say that the tax/abandonment wont happen until 3 months after release?  This would give players who want to support but wait til release to choose to come back.  Why are they doing this NOW?  Thats the big question.  Not that its happening, but why now.  I think the two most obvious ones are

1.) They are doing detemer and in addition the abandonment and taxes to remove as many tiles as possible because their money situation is more dire then they led on.  Otherwise whats 12 more months of a few static constructs on some hexes?  

2.) They already made up their mind on wiping, and doing this is a test, a 'Beta Test' if you will.  They know everyone is losing all their shit anyway, so might as well test out some future mechanics.

Those feel like the most likely to me as to why these taxes abandonment are happening now, and not shortly after official release.

Step 1: spread across more than 5 tiles, better yet use orgs to do so.

Step 2: Ignore all devblogs and emails for the entirity of december so far plus a few days give or take.

Step 3: Blame NQ for not having covered every possible scenario // Blame NQ for doing compromises.

Also never stop feeding the wipe narrative, despite all indications to the contrary.