Taxes are bs

FLEXX13

Controlling the markets via taxes is the worst idea i have ever heared of.

1. you destroy the player made economy you once advertised in a sandbox game.
2. having a fix tax in a dynamic market is not smart
3. when you want to control the markets, then give us T2-T5 bots as well that buy our ore at reasonable prices to at least be able to afford the tax. right now a T2 tile makes more money than a T5 tile. shouldnt be the case
4. either tweak taxes, or give us buy bots.

new players dont know how to progress, old players leave over the taxes...

Best regards
another Novean who is starting to have enough

Edited by FLEXX13

If you're a part time player, who doesn't have a lot of time to play and just wants to putz around and build ships and maybe have a few honeycomb industry machines, and some refiners, etc...this update is absolutely crippling.  If the mission system was better, maybe not so much, but the missions kind of stink (sorry). 

I support a tiered TU system, where you pay based off what type of elements you put down (mining demanding the most).  Perhaps one HQ that demands no taxes and caters to the creative types with a modest amount of industry elements on them.  I haven't heard one person remark how they're not negatively affected by the 1mil per TU fee.  Please NQ, this is not a good idea.  The economy isn't as good as you think it is.  I think some people have figured out a way to make tons of alts and multi-box to make missions profitable, but it's not the majority, I guarantee you that.

Another thing - the PvP play is stacked so ungodly in pirates favor it's ridiculous.  Other than shielding, there are no defenses.  I understand they deserve their game play style, but the way the asteroid mining architecture was built, it's a slaughter.  "Safe space" mining only provides a few ore types and the market is getting flooded.

This game is so close to being the most special thing out there.  Please, please listen to your community.

I created a suggestion about the same problem, here inside the Idea Box forum.

My suggestion is, that the mining talents on level 5 allow for 16 or even 32 fully calibrated mining units more than the current maximum amount.

But I agree, that T3, 4, 5 seems to be so low in yield amount, that the earning is just the same or less than with T1 and 2. Maybe intended. Is the purpose to equalize the earning of each territory? Could be. However, the market prices have fallen very deep, and many players find it hard to earn any money with mining. And there are many players, who maily rely on mining.

anyways, good job NQ, i'm out.

the grind we are beeing faced right now is absolutely not justified for this game, because there is no reward just work work work for nothing.
this game doesnt have content other than building stuff that basically is useless. absolutely boring to play at the moment and no fun left with these MUs and taxes.
and now that i leave, i know all my T4 and T5 tiles will be gones until you guys fixed this game, so i dont even have a reason to ever come back again. well played.

Give me a shoutout once you sold the game to a competent dev studio. destroying a game in the beta is all NQ does.

I will miss all the Players, the ingame community is great and i got know many lovely people. ❤️ see you in another game eventually. have a good one and take care you all.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, after some weeks of observation now, I still agree with the initial posting. The current taxation brings me slowly closer and closer each week to bankruptcy. Today is the first week I cannot pay anymore in time for all my territories, and I need them because of the mining I do on them. In around 4 to 5 weeks from now, I will be totally bankrupt and unable even to fly around because the fuel amount I need is too big for making it inside my nano crafter. Already now, I just stay ingame for a few minutes only to calibrate the MUs, and since ay other activity is too costly, I just leave the game after those few minutes of calibration.

I renew my former suggestions again (one, some, or all should be implemented by NQ):
- increase the amount of fully calibrated mininung units a player can have at the same time by 16 to 32 from whatever it is now.
- re-calibration only needed over time when the match was below 100%, but at 100% it stays calibrated as "disturbing forces are eleminated"
- the weekly teerritory tax needs to be lower, maybe half of what it is now

Well, i made this post because people always blame me that NQ doesnt read everything on discord, i shall write in the forums. What i see so far is that i am getting ignored on another platform. no difference. NQ sucks. Bunch of incapable delusional "devs".

try to play another game, you will feel relieved and relaxed once the DU stress is over. I feel much better not having to deal with NQs bs anymore. I am not looking forward of ever coming back to this game unless NQ delivers. But that delivery has to be really good.

0/10, not worth playing.