Dependant opinion

SvarogZ

You are reading this message because you love this game. You may be disappointed or angry, but surely you love this game.

Why am I here?

1. One solar system with all planets and moons is more than enough to explore.

2. Planets are big enough.

3. Fly between planets with a true orbital mechanic.

4. We can mine and produce almost everything in the game.

5. The voxel magic is appealing.

6. Build my own ship as I can or buy/still ideas

7. Scripting is a universe within a universe.

Why am I disappointed?

1. Gamemasters don’t think enough about balance.

A. Overproduction. There is no efficient way to dispose of elements. PvP is definitely not enough. Factories also can have a limited number of installations. There is no way to remanufacture old or damaged elements.

B. Searching the asteroids takes too long. Surface mining is safer and faster in terms of time.

2. There is nothing to explore.

A. There are no ruins on the planets.

B. Why would I dig to a depth of 5 km if there's nothing there?

C. Where are abandoned space stations?

D. Why can’t you  hide the most “expensive” schematics somewhere  instead of selling them for quanta? I even agree to return all my schematics for free if you give me a chance to search them somewhere in the PvP space and haggle with others to get what I really need.

3. Collaboration is impossible without competition.

A. Quanta on my balance is not the right motivation.

B. There is no mechanic for taking over an occupied tile. It should be a way to pressure by reducing production or damage to constructs from surrounding tiles, as well as a mechanic to protect my own tile.

4. There are no basic things in the gameplay.

A. PvP is hard to implement, but there is PvE? Why is the universe sterile? Where are the interacting flora and fauna? There are no animals in the forest and oceans.  No risk of being killed by NPCs and no way of getting something vital from them.

B. Almost immortal avatar with no possibility of taking partial damage.

5. Focus on secondary objectives.

A. We are happy to live with some non-critical bugs. No need to spend too much effort fixing all of them. You will create them again with the new update. 

B. I’m desperately waiting for a voxel editor, but I’m quite happy to use printers. Please focus on the really important goals. Creativity in a void universe makes no sense.

I think this is great feedback, but at this point....I think the ship has sailed.

I think NQ is on an irreversible path: 

1. NQ will revamp the new player experience, probably in a lazy way that just jumpstarts them with a few auto-miners and reworks those tutorials

2. NQ will implement "territory war" in space only -- ground-based TW will be "some future thing" 

3. NQ will push the game to early access release -- maybe even before #2. 

4. At some point between now and then, I think NQ will close these forums. It's just bad PR at this point and they are sick of us.

5. Churn rates won't really improve compared to the initial "beta" launch -- it's conceivable they are just as bad or worse.

6. IMO, the game will never see full "release" where all its core features are done -- it will get incrementally closer with features being half-implemented as it crawls ahead...but I don't see it ever escaping "alpha" status. There's just too many major features that have yet to be designed never mind implemented...and NQ's history says a lot about its future. 

Steam won't solve anything and NQ probably knows it.

I mean, just imagine the reviews it would get there in it's current state..

And people keep talking about how a wipe and release will solve all problems with new players flooding the gates.

So where are these hordes of new players going to come from I ask then. Game still won't be much more then what it is today by "release" in a years time. And the game has already been open to anyone who want's to sub for a long time now, and is currently hard at work turning the 3rd. (4th.?) generation of "new" players away from the game.

On 12/21/2021 at 5:44 PM, CptLoRes said:

Steam won't solve anything and NQ probably knows it.

I mean, just imagine the reviews it would get there in it's current state..

And people keep talking about how a wipe and release will solve all problems with new players flooding the gates.

So where are these hordes of new players going to come from I ask then. Game still won't be much more then what it is today by "release" in a years time. And the game has already been open to anyone who want's to sub for a long time now, and is currently hard at work turning the 3rd. (4th.?) generation of "new" players away from the game.

Why not throw it there with 3 months minimum for sub options and get some monies. The dumpster is on fire anyway.