DU Need Performance and Handling Patch

PotatoMart

Hello,

the performance was supposed to get better with demeter, but it got worse.

Alone the whole rdms loading, if ships are not fully loaded, it takes time to get into the pilot's seat, apart from the fact that doors with detection zone then also do not work. to go into construction mode therefore also takes longer, and the whole territory/construct menus are reloaded every time you open map.

When searching in the market, old items are displayed, although I have already searched for new ones, if you are not careful, you buy something wrong very quickly.

I recently sank on thades even when landing in the earth with the ship, my twink, who was actively in the ship, was then outside the ship.

The menus are overloaded, the search function for territories sometimes works and sometimes not.

The input in the search function is sometimes buggy. Letters and numbers are not accepted or the entry field is deactivated after a few letters.

The construct list is overloaded, here would be additional filters for example by Org/Player appropriate.

When adding things to the market, it would be nice if you could enter a number completely and not have to delete the existing 0 every time.

8 hours ago, Jake Arver said:

I can't escape the feeling that NQ has downscaled their cluster with Demeter to save more cost.

That’s the entire point of the patch. They have to downscale to test. They will upscale when they get more players.

When I fly to the market 6 this is a problem for me.  The game will crash with a 90% probability and my ship will remain in the air, and when I return it will fall and break.  I arrive at market 6 and wait 3 minutes for the elevator to load first, and then another 3 minutes for the terminal to load.

• SneakySnake Contributor
  • Alpha Tester
  • Gold Founder
  • Alpha: Yes

When I fly to the market 6 this is a problem for me.  The game will crash with a 90% probability and my ship will remain in the air, and when I return it will fall and break.  I arrive at market 6 and wait 3 minutes for the elevator to load first, and then another 3 minutes for the terminal to load.

Well i dont have the problem with crashes at market 6, i have a very new pc , with my old one i had exactly the same problems.
But i have loading elevator and rights at terminal too, im most faster with relogging, than waiting for the rights when arrived.

On 12/18/2021 at 8:34 AM, Shredder said:

That’s the entire point of the patch. They have to downscale to test. They will upscale when they get more players.

They would not downscale to test, they would downscale to save cost, and with all the cost cutting actions NQ has been taking since last year, I do not think assuming they are on a very strict and stretched budget is unreasonable. Demeter is clearly driven by reducing cost and IMO this includes reduction of cluster footprint. But obviously that is just me speculating, even when the signs are all there to indicate I can't be far off.

My concerns is that they will need funding to scale up. funding they will not have when they need it as the upscaling comes before having the funding to do so.

If a couple thousand players suddenly were to show up.. performance is going to go down the drain. I just hope NQ is able to secure funding in time for release as subsciptions will not give them the money they need for quite some time.