Mining units should have a base rate of 100%

Calisius

Hi,

as a lot of people have already said the current mining "minigame" isn't really that much fun and feels more like a choir/dayjob/maintenance and I agree.  I hope NQ is working towards a better V2.0 solution and collecting feedback. So here some idea's and feedback.

Why do auto mining units go back to 0% when you don't calibrate them? When they where introduced I thought they would run at 100% without calibration and with calibration they could increase to 200% max (depending on how well the mini game goes).

So the percentage you get in the minigame is added to the base percentage to increase the yield of a mining unit. That way you don't need to do it and can just have it running without "maintenance" at 100% and can focus on building, pvp or missions but still have a "basic income" or chose to make it really profitable when actively maintaining them with the calibration minigame.

The taxes you pay on a tile are in my opinion fine. If you want to keep your mining unit running on 100% and pick up that ore you should make enough to pay for taxes, fuel and a bit more

Mabey keep it profitable enough that you can make a mission for someone to pick it up and bring it to market and add more player created mission gameplay that way.

I think the weekly taxes are good as well since this gives you the ability to change territories quickly but please give us more then 13 (maybe at least 52) weeks so we can take some time off for the military personal among us.

If you no longer pay taxes the mining units just stop working and after 2 weeks the territory is abandoned.

I think the current implementation is a good V1.0 but I hope they will let us know that they are collecting our feedback and working on a V2.0 to improve the experience.

This is just a suggestion and probably an imperfect one. So I hope to get some constructive feedback on it so we might actually help NQ with a V2.0 that is based of the current implementation, not to much extra work for them, and brings back some of the "fun" for current & future players!

NQ please let us know if this is helpful!

I don't understand why do even have a territory balance and a 13 weeks cap.
Why just don't make a checkbox `pay taxes for this territory` and make it autopay for itself from personal/org wallet.
I see that cap can be a reason for territories to abandon at some point if player stops playing, but I don't think it's perfect solution and there should be other ways of territories circulation, e.g. territory wars.
It's very annoying to fill every individual territory balance when you have 100+ of them.

Just now, W1zard said:

I don't understand why do even have a territory balance and a 13 weeks cap.
Why just don't make a checkbox `pay taxes for this territory` and make it autopay for itself from personal/org wallet.
I see that cap can be a reason for territories to abandon at some point if player stops playing, but I don't think it's perfect solution and there should be other ways of territories circulation, e.g. territory wars.
It's very annoying to fill every individual territory balance when you have 100+ of them.

I think it is so other people like orgs can drop money in them as well, that would be impossible if it goes straight our of the players wallet. But a "add 1 milion button" would be a nice addition!

I am curious to the reason behind the 13 weeks as wel!

1 hour ago, Calisius said:

I think it is so other people like orgs can drop money in them as well, that would be impossible if it goes straight our of the players wallet. But a "add 1 milion button" would be a nice addition!

I am curious to the reason behind the 13 weeks as wel!

Aren't you able to add quanta to territory only from territory owner wallet? So you would still need to transfer money to org wallet first.

• Calisius changed the title to Mining units should have a base rate of 100%