Pocket ship PVP zone abuse

The pocket ship by it's self is a brilliant idea, The ability to spawn a ship to save you in specific situations or to help newbies not get stuck. All good.

Pocket ships in the pvp zone...not so much.

It's always been happening but recently its become far to common to see people plant a pocket ship to spawn it/despawn it instantly scouting people.

I understand it's a game mechanic so I'm not implying anyone is breaking the rules however it's becoming a real problem.

You can deploy a ship and even if I manage to lock you and shoot you within a 10s window you'll just repocket the ship so there is zero way to counter being scouted.

Some can make the argument you can log a player off but we all know characters cannot scout 2su.

I believe pocket ships need a a deployment timer. I can think of a few methods.

1. Pocket ships cannot be used within 60s of it being planted. No radar, No guns, no nothing.

2. Set a timer on the pick up of pocket ships. For example once you deploy a pocket ship you may not pick it up for 5min.

Doing either of these would still allow you to do this type of game play but it would bring a little balance in the way you can do something about being instantly scouted.

Aren't pocket ships really meant to be atmo ships deployed on planets?  What about just saying 'compact construct doesn't work in the PvP zone'?  People could deploy one if they really want but then they have to take it back to safety manually.

Then the problem would be solved and I wouldn't have to put up with any annoying timers when I force-respawn to a district and want to fly to my base to get a proper ship.

• 4 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

Honestly, this is a easy fix. 

add, No Radars or Turrets.

as a rule for compacting a ship. 

Weapon/Ammo container and ammo are in my nanopack, you can add a radar too if you want, it's just a boring solution.

But the real question is... Are you really afraid about compact trolling or roid? x'D

1 hour ago, Cobqlt said:

Weapon/Ammo container and ammo are in my nanopack, you can add a radar too if you want, it's just a boring solution.

But the real question is... Are you really afraid about compact trolling or roid? x'D

true, but you will have to place and link the elements each time you place it. so its less instant until a better fix is made. lets say, making the smallest radar 5001L? it just seems dumb to recommend that tbh, but its funny to say.

• 4 weeks later...

hahahaha, that's me getting destroyed, getting famous after all :)

I was fine with it, my take away ...... I started using throw away mining ships, very cheap and also not carrying that much ore around. So I don't mind getting shot once in a while. That's part of the game (at least as long I also keep having successful runs).