Industry Units Problems, infact critical.

DasBier

Constructive opinion

Hello dear NQ team,

Even before Demeter, there were always BUGS with the industrial/assembler/all other units as well as transfer units etc. Since Demeter, many more machines fail, they just stop and ALSO MINING units and the productions are canceled or blocked for days to run fully back on. I explicitly point out that it is a very critical BUG.

Sometimes it is noticeable that there are sometimes whole clusters, i.e. several machines next to each other or which are in a line. in this form, in this intensity, it is much worse than before.

You wanted to improve the gaming experience with Demeter and save your costs. But not like this. Before that it was always very annoying when a big update comes that in any case has stopped or was bugged but now every day ?????

It currently costs a lot of nerves to keep a very well-adjusted system running.

If arguments such as yes, looking through now come up, it takes little time. then I freak out. my main system alone has between 1000 and 1500 transfer units. Nobody else turns something off or anything. Please fix it soon.

I know some who are also very bothered by this. this should be a high Priority on your agenda.

THis bug also affect s constructs with only 1 container and 2-3 mining units so you cant say build smaller.

my main Factory: look Support Ticket: #60615

Players if u have same problems please speak - Unfortunately, from my experience and point of view, no more support tickets are processed or every time I ask for GM help in the ingame help channel, I don't get an answer. I don't see any other way to just address it here. 

Google translate is solely responsible for spelling mistakes.

Update from, 13.12.2021

Known:

3 different types i saw till now:

1. looks: "unknown server Error" - machines bugged need to be restartet

grafik.thumb.png.9fdab6d6f57555c97a4fccdb65aa8909.png

2. looks: Unit remain at 0 seconds remaining time - machines bugged need to be restartet - Material lost becouse u need to cancel the last order

grafik.thumb.png.4c6a8d75252df1c9c3ea33495be5b540.png

3. Looks: Stopped fully with av button "Start" - machines need to be restartet

grafik.thumb.png.5e47079b8c1c51f2d67194a8f222ec8e.png

----

2 different known sources what can couse into a bug;

1. After big/medium Updates nearly 100% some Machines stopped

2. if a machine is connected to a hub and u apply any container to the hub, or change the max Cargo volume couse very ofter to bug machines where direct connected to it.

There are of course many more causes here. I suspect that if the core host, i.e. the player who calculates the construct, crashes, it can also lead to problems.

Edited by DasBier

19 minutes ago, DasBier said:

Constructive opinion

Hello dear NQ team,

Even before Demeter, there were always BUGS with the industrial units as well as transfer units etc. Since Demeter, many more machines fail, they just stop and ALSO MINING units and the productions are canceled or blocked for days to run fully back on. I explicitly point out that it is a very critical BUG.

Sometimes it is noticeable that there are sometimes whole clusters, i.e. several machines next to each other or which are in a line. in this form, in this intensity, it is much worse than before.

You wanted to improve the gaming experience with Demeter and save your costs. But not like this. Before that it was always very annoying when a big update comes that in any case has stopped or was bugged but now every day ?????

If arguments such as yes, looking through now come up, it takes little time. then I freak out. my main system alone has between 1000 and 1500 transfer units. Nobody else turns something off or anything. Please fix it soon.

I know some who are also very bothered by this. this should be a high Priority on your agenda.

THis bug also affect s constructs with only 1 container and 2-3 mining units so you cant say build smaller.

Players if u have same problems please speak - Unfortunately, from my experience and point of view, no more support tickets are processed or every time I ask for GM help in the ingame help channel, I don't get an answer. I don't see any other way to just address it here. 

I've been seeing this too.  This sort of thing used to happen a lot and then it got better for a while.  Since Demeter released I've had whole stacks of industry units just stop and today two of my mining units I set running 4 days ago were stopped, having mined a lot less ore than they should have.

1 hour ago, DasBier said:

Constructive opinion

Hello dear NQ team,

Even before Demeter, there were always BUGS with the industrial/assembler/all other units as well as transfer units etc. Since Demeter, many more machines fail, they just stop and ALSO MINING units and the productions are canceled or blocked for days to run fully back on. I explicitly point out that it is a very critical BUG.

Very good post. I hope NQ is able to route out the cause for the machines stopping and find a solution to stop this because the time consumed by players to check and reset will be extremely tedious. 

I have also noticed problems with the mining units.

- they stop without reason
- sometimes there is no hotspot during calibration, so you don't get 100%.
- after calibration the amount of ground ore does not match the amount of ore you find then. (Example: in the display 4.000 ore, to find on the ground are then only 3800)
- The calibration game is too much random gambling.
- The VR limitation is nonsensical, either they release all skill for the MiningUnits or none at all, because the limitation over VR is too much in the weight. 

Please don't forget to report these issues via bug report as well.

Edited by Zarcata

Not many issues get me this wound up to actually make a comment but this bug has got to be fixed. It sucks the fun out of the game when every patch comes out and you have to worry that your machines (or mining units now) have stopped. We rely on the products these produce to pay for the taxes that have now been implemented so we dont lose our hexes. It is not always possible to get in game everyday to check if a machine has stopped and you don't normally find out until your end product is not in the box. It can take me up to a week to catch all machines that have stopped or have unknown server error. and it takes many hours for production to restart if a refiner/transfer unit goes down. Bugs like this are the ones that cause people to leave because it makes the whole process disheartening and I am certainly fed up with the "We are aware of the problem" responses. Please just FIX IT !!!!!!

Don't have an industry yet, but have that problem on my MU's. Every time I go to Sicari to calibrate my MU's, there are separate ones that didn't work...hope there will be a solution soon cause can't spend every day that time to check all MU´s. 

11 minutes ago, Leniver said:

It makes 15 months I am asking to get the status "Internal server error" as a Lua status.

The "Internal server error" happens when two industry unit try to get the same item from the container.
You can reduce the occurrence of this if you split the lines pulling from different container.

so why they dont fix it if its known?

18 hours ago, Leniver said:

You can reduce the occurrence of this if you split the lines pulling from different container.

So the workaround is more transfer units and containers?  Yeah, that won't make industry more of a resource hog than it already was. 

NQ:  Maybe have a stack split happen prior to an industry unit calling for material.  This would require a flow chart or hierarchy of priority to systematically assign material to connected units.  Ideally the player would be able to define the priority with a default based on tier and longest cycle time, but I'm not going to kid myself about THAT being a realistic option.