My ideas on how to tweak the mining taxes and to incentivice staying together with your organisations.

Kelmoir

First: Why does everyone pick its own land and a few tiles around that?
Because the tile itself costs all the tax (and a lot of it, too).

There is no adjacency bonus for your friends, unless the tiles are run by the same org.

Why people keep claiming tiles to their own name?

Because they can't dedicate their HQ tokens onto org-owned tiles.

Thus, org tiles are inherently less safe than own HQ tiles.

Why people only claim the (perceived) really good tiles?

Because the tile alone costs all the taxes.

How to solve this and to propose teamplay?

Split the taxation between tile, mining units and Industry.

But don't involve actual quanta taxes for the mining units and industry, rather have them require consumables.

Admittedly, this would be a hassle for industry, as they essentially just require more input per output, so maybe just ignore the industry in this equation.

So, Split taxation between quantas for the tile and consumables for the mining units.

What would this acchieve?

If adjacency bonuses are available, less great tiles next to friends should become more comparably profitable compared to better tiles with more units and less adjacency, because you claimed out in the wilds. Since you put less mining units on them, which gives you lower running costs for that tile. 

And yes, these Bonusses should outweigh the tile tax even when only T1 is mined. -> The tile tax maybe down to 100k/week.

Of course, the lone wolfs would just claim another row of tiles. But that increases their cost, and risk in the future.

Also, higher tier Mining units should require more expensive consumables, to partially (a little bit) offset their much higher income. 

E.g. 150k/week worth of supplies (bot prices/no manufacturing skills) for a T1 mining unit, 300k for a T2,....

The consumables would obviously be produced by players, which promotes cooperation between players, and players trading with each other, and not just dumping their ore into the buy bots.

Plus if the higher tier mining units require consumables that also require materials of their tier, the demand would also increase there.

And finally, all mning unit upgrades would be worth wile. 

Personally I got tiles with 560+ T1 on them, with my current skills I can exploit >95% of that volume, fully skilled, and with 4 units at 125 each, I would only allocate 500l of the tiles, reducing allocation, and reducing net gain, sine the tile itself concentrates all the costs. So why skill in the + allocation skill for the units, when the gain is either nonexistent or negative, but freeing up mining unit slots?

How to provide adjacency bonuses for friends/org members? 

Well, through common organizations, of course!

If e.g. 2 Hyperion Members are sitting next to each other, then their membership in Hyperion should enable them to provide adjacency bonuses to each other. Of course, this ideally goes for all the organization slots.

This would also enable some feudal like county, where the tiles are owned by the local landlords, but they may act together as their country, if need to be. 

Especially including fierce fun in times of war, when members decide to switch sides, join both parties, etc.

Those changes would really invoke cooperation between players, a player-driven market, and more cooperation and civilization building. 

I posted this in the general forums but I think taxes need to be based on your total experience points as a handicap for taxing people by time in game since what you can do in game is based on total exp as the % handicap you should play as your skills increase.

• New players starting with 4 mil taxes would pay 4% taxes or 40k in taxes per tile they own.
  • Per year you get about 50mil exp +/- getting just under 1mil exp per week or 1% tax increase per week
  • 1mil-100 mil exp would be 1-100% payment of the 1 mil tax per tile.
  • Once you go over 100mil exp you enter a new tax bracket of 2 mil per tax cycle per tile
  • 100mil-200 mill exp is the 1-100% you will pay on the 2 mil tax rate per tile with just under 1% increase each week but paying the 1 mil tax rate for having at least 100k exp total.

By doing so will free up taxes and also tax people who come back later or after the wipe if we keep our total exp pools to tax people by time played to give a handicap for new players.

Login bonuses:

• Every day you log in you get +1,000h added permanantly to your daily log in quanta
  • Every day you log in per week you get -1% and up to 7% off your weekly tax bill for playing the game
  • Every day you log in you get +1 L/H across the board permanatly added to your tiles
  • Every day you login you get a 6 hour +30 Exp per minuite buff that only gives a benefit if you are online and still ticks down even if you log out.

Incentivizing playing the game rather than allowing people to get the exact same amount as active players should incentivize and reward people who actually play with both daily rewards but also permanant benefits for how much you play. -7% taxes is not much but its more money in your pocket at the end of the week. +30Exp per min has been needed for a long time. +1,000 Quanta is a drop in the bucket over time. And even if you log in 365 days straight an extra 365 liters per hour is not that game breaking considering static tile ore pools that never get better should add value over time and login rewards should reward activity through giving more ore to your tiles the more you play.

Mining:

• Charges should just be made into a buff so that you can buff any element with a 25% bonus to mining units, industry units, ship parts, or whatever that makes them 25%better for 2 hours so that if you are grouping with other people you can buff a whole ship, whole industry, or whole mining opperation.
  • Efficiency should be removed since industry does not have this system and the ore is already really low as is.
  • Dynamic core based mining ships should be allowed so you can mine unclaimed tiles. Whatever the L/H rates are on a tile should give the first person to mine the tile 75% of the ore for being there first and all other ships would share the 25% of the L/H to prevent trolling or how adding mining units currently work without priority if someone puts down miners after you but can snake all the L/H out of the tile by putting MUs down.
  • Daily logins would make it so that eventually players could add more MUs down when the ore increses.
  • Static Core miners should have a prospecting talent branch added to gain 25% more ore from static based mining constructs that are on a tile with 5 talents that each improve the tier ores by 25%.

I think that would take a lot of tedium out of mining in general if you could having dynamic core mining ships and just agumenting the system as it is a good base setup for the login bonuses to make it better over time as just a general passive income generation tool for having a mining opperation at your base if efficiency was not based on charges.

To me the charges are doing the exact same thing as what a territory tile scanner does and having players able to place down a territory scanner or multiple territory scanners in a tile linked to 10 mining units each should be what is actually used to calibrate a tilei is the tile scan because you can actively run a tile scanner every 15 mins to calibrate a tile and get a mining unit running and you could use the territory scanners ships use and multi task generating scanning results as the charges themselves as the scanning results should know where the ore is and remove the results to calibrate the mining units. If a player does not own a tile scanner the charges could be used but if you have scanners on all tiles or your L/H increases you can drop a territory scanner on the tile and start it if you want.

Dynamic Core Mining Ships & Scanners:

• Add a Mining Seat Element to the game like a pilot seat, gunner chair so that as long as you are in the seat you can mine. 
  • Scan Results = Calibration Charges.
  • You can potentially mine 3 tiles at once as a more active static core mining experience that is like how you can scan 3 tiles at once with 1 ship.
  • Using territory scanners to start mining units to where you can use multiple territory scanners on a ship to start multiple MUs at once since the MUs would use the scans as the calibration.
  • Mining ships since they can mine multiple tiles would require extra engineering in order to mine different tier ores on different planets which would require 3x mining units in different sizes and tier versions to opperate at maximum efficiency depending if you land in a 500-800 L/H tile which is a gamble on how much you could make between 1500-2400 L/H actively mining over static core based mining opperations on any planet and not acnhored to any geograpic location as long as you can fly there and sit in the mining seat to actively mine even if you are just afk over night.
  • If you dont need charges with scan results you should be able to use the calibration charges as a general buff that makes whatever element you use it on 25% better across the board for 2 hours wether its ship elements, mining units, industry units, weapons, etc.

How do you tell if someone is posting his opinion or is just tying to high jack the thread?

Well, given that you reflected on my initial post with almost no words at all, and covered vastly different topics, than I was addressing (and I was focussing, because this post already got very long), I would guess you are the latter.

Plus exp-based taxes would punish you for progression. Which is bad. 

And 'active' afk mining? Even worse. Sorry, but either completely manual, or with the current way. 

Booster charges for everything? Those are mining charges, And not to force players to save those charges to get an edge in PVP when they got the initiative (and punishing those that haven't, even harder).

And finally, DU is not a browser game, don't try to turn it into one, by dialing up these login-bonuses.  NQ wants casual players for money, and a few pro's to serve as advertisement lighthouses.