Quality of Life Improvements - Building and General

Wolfram

Here's some ideas that could improve a lot the experience in DU, based on what I usually do (building, prospecting, selling):

- Add way to dismantle a construct in one click, making all elements and honeycomb go back to your inventory. If possible, add option to when doing this any custom properties are removed (such as screen contents). This would be extremely useful not only for ship builders but for anyone who wants to dismantle a large construct they own, would also help when voxels get bugged or buried.

- Add way to highlight specific elements and possibly honeycomb too in build mode, as an overlay on the HUD or maybe just a ping/coordinate. Would help a lot for smaller elements that sometimes get lost or stuck.

- Add sorting by type of element on the inventory screen and allow sortings to persist too, would make organization much easier in larger inventories.

- Show the name of the planet or celestial body a territory scan belongs to, maybe make it sortable too.

All those are some great ideas.

Was wondering why i should use the filter for the inventory if it resets anyway.
Would love to hide all my hundrets of blueprints and tool icons, but since the filters do not save i have been quicker with just scrolling down in the inventory instead of setup the filter everytime.

In terms of the Element highlight system in Build mode i would prever it like so:
There is a mode you can turn and which makes all voxels transparent while elements will have priority at the selection if you look at them through voxels.

A quick way to dismantle a whole structure would be great, but i think it could cause performance issues at large structures as DU seems to move items tick by tick. (I actually have no clue)

Having the voxels go transparent would help A LOT with construction.

The dismantle thing I imagine could be done in a single request to the server, then instead of doing item by item it "batches" everything in a single transaction. Could be much more efficient compared to manually removing each piece, actually