What has not been implemented with Demeter

Knight-Sevy

I have airbrakes inside my ships.  I think the airbrakes look bulky and, well awful.  If they are going to require all these elements on the outside wont all ships look ugly and basically the same.  A blob completely covered in elements.

I think it needs to be done another way.  For example you have one airbrake but you pay to increase its power.  Its weight etc should also increase.  I think so long as you have the weight, fuel, etc penalties it should be ok?  I just want ships that look good.

39 minutes ago, Underhook said:

I have airbrakes inside my ships.  I think the airbrakes look bulky and, well awful.  If they are going to require all these elements on the outside wont all ships look ugly and basically the same.  A blob completely covered in elements.

I think it needs to be done another way.  For example you have one airbrake but you pay to increase its power.  Its weight etc should also increase.  I think so long as you have the weight, fuel, etc penalties it should be ok?  I just want ships that look good.

This is not the subject of the nerf of the airbrakes.

I'm talking about the stacked items.

Normally we should have an indication that warns us that this is cheating. But I can't get it to display in-game.

I'm talking to NQ about this.

But if anyone has an answer beforehand I remain curious.

2 hours ago, XKentX said:

So what's the current state on the stacking rules ?

Is it still the "not in pvp space" thingy ?

So I guess PVE haulers with 30 XLs stacked is ok right ?

We catch Riwal's cargo ships with items stacked in the PvP area.

Nothing prevents you from doing it as well.

Surely it should be possible to allow stackable items in the game and mark them with a Deco function.

- multiple stacked engines collide with each other and are automatically all treated as deco items and have no function anymore.

- you can mark 1 element from a stack as functioning. (Example: you stack 10 engines inside each other and can use 1 of them normally with function, the remaining 9 are recognized as a stack and marked as deco, without function.

1 hour ago, Knight-Sevy said:

This is not the subject of the nerf of the airbrakes.

I'm talking about the stacked items.

Normally we should have an indication that warns us that this is cheating. But I can't get it to display in-game.

I'm talking to NQ about this.

But if anyone has an answer beforehand I remain curious.

I get that you dont like combat based stacking but the real issue is the stats or what you can do with it.

I think the real issue here is the ammo and people being able to actually have the ammo cappacity to fire 20 weapons at once with enough ammo to rampage around blowing up multiple ships with no strategic ammo reserves that limit how much you can actually destroy.

It also has a lot to do with how much damage weapons can do in general or that NQ has a system that can tell if parts are inside or outside the ship and not taking into account the vaccume of space into how damage is deal. For instance anything considered "outside" your ship should be considered a DD or direct damage hit to whatever it hits since the vaccume of space should imlode the explosion where as anything that hits "inside" should be doing AoEs once DD damage has breached the hull of a ship. The lingo they used talking about the airbrakes being "outside" the ship suggests this system exists since you can only brake if there is atmo air to brake with.

Personally I think that things like missles should have a missle hard point that has a limited amount of missles that could be carried by a ship that needs to be fixed to a wing or exterior of the ship somewhere that has a finite amount of missles you can fire in general so  that it is more strategic with homing weapons. You could fire them 1 by 1 or all at once if you want but there should be a limited amount that isnt simply reloaded as much as the weapon racks can only be reloaded on the surface of the planet or if you land on a solid platform.

But its how the rest of the weapons are treated as well where there should be machine guns or miniguns as the main physical delivery system in most situations that does consistent damage to the actual ships where having ammo or more specifically ammo belts/drums makes more sense and still is finite to how much you can fire or should be allowed to fire by the core sizes, weapon size, and ammo container size that has a lot of weight to the rounds.

Or using cannons like on modern day warships like the cannons on a destroyer reserved for M to L based ships vs like the cannon on an A-10 for fighter class XS-S cores being destinguished to do a lot more damage and have a finite amount of ammo as well or longer loading times based on core size.

Where as the Lazer versions need to be based on some kind of reactor and charge up like shields that do heavy shield damage or reactor core drums that are like ammo for machine gun based lazers that again have a finite amount of shots that are physical and still do less damage but more damage to shields.

In many ways in RL we stack machine guns, cannons, or missles and nobody complains. Its the ammo that is limited unless you go bigger and still it does more damage with more limits or the fact that you dont need 100 missles going off at once unless you are doing it from a surface to air fixed position.

22 hours ago, Zarcata said:

Surely it should be possible to allow stackable items in the game and mark them with a Deco function.

Yea and let's make the deco thingy calculate it dynamically like the current engine abstraction thingy.

Like you fly at 3km and bam - game decides your wings are deco, here comes the ground !

Wouldn't that be fun a?