Is Auto-Mining as buggy for everyone else?

Ving

Yesterday, out of 21 machines calibrated 9 failed to give rocks with an Invalid Destination error. That's 70k ore lost in one day.

I've been tracking this for a few days now, and updating a ticket with the stats, and it's regularly at least 1/3 of machines have this error every day.

On top of that, the Cone tool, which seems to be the most reliable way of zeroing in on the hotspot, is often bugged and the hotspot is actually on the opposite side of the hex.

See screenshots for examples.

So they got rid of manual mining, which I used to enjoy, to replace it with a frustrating mini-game that half the time just doesn't work. 

Am I just unlucky, or other ppl seeing the same bugs?

2021-12-07 Invalid Destination.jpg

I have experienced the same with the new mining. In fact i have raised tickets , shared log files and provided evidence of both issues. I have received no response to the issues raised, or recovered any ore but finally i realized Demeter has finally led me  consequently to lose interest in DU.

7 hours ago, Ving said:

Yesterday, out of 21 machines calibrated 9 failed to give rocks with an Invalid Destination error. That's 70k ore lost in one day.

I've been tracking this for a few days now, and updating a ticket with the stats, and it's regularly at least 1/3 of machines have this error every day.

On top of that, the Cone tool, which seems to be the most reliable way of zeroing in on the hotspot, is often bugged and the hotspot is actually on the opposite side of the hex.

See screenshots for examples.

So they got rid of manual mining, which I used to enjoy, to replace it with a frustrating mini-game that half the time just doesn't work. 

Am I just unlucky, or other ppl seeing the same bugs?

2021-12-07 Invalid Destination.jpg

The tools are poorly explained in the game.  The cone tool does not indicate a location for the entire hex.  It only indicates the warmest location within the circle you see before you place it.

This video from that incredibly talented and good looking youtuber named Underhook (Reginald Esq)  might help you.