Polls Gone From Forums

Creator

2 hours ago, Ninator said:

They showed how many people participated in the polls.

Those numbers were 2 digit numbers.

Thats just because all the other people are playing the game. So many mining units to calibrate. No time left for the forum. Well ... no, it doesn't get better. Nevermind.

I agree with NQ decision. And i dont think its censorship, because any player can still "like" posts and can still create new topics and replies. 

Also, any one of us agreed to NQ moderation to be on this forum, so if you disagree you can remove you account from this private owned forum and use your freedom of speech in places not owned by NQ. 

But i agree mainly because polls mainly are used to create misinformation, because polls restrict the possible answers to a few answers that creator have carefully chosen to promote his goal. 

Here is my example: 

Now, could they do it with an announcement? Yes. 

Would it change your opinion that this is censorship? No. 

Okay but what's the point in "pushing agendas" when NQ doesn't engage with feedback anyway...? When it's single or double-digit replies amid a community of maybe hundreds that visit these forums...? 

You could use the same logic to remove this forum in general (which to be fair, I kind of expect NQ to do) -- that it's "mostly used for pushing an agenda".

It isn't like most feedback is purely objective -- the forum is exactly the right place to be sharing an opinion or pushing an "agenda". So what if polls are silly and as far from "scientific" as possible...? It isn't like there's much else to do...and at least it sometimes breaks up the 300,000 threads debating PvP or a wipe. 

I have checked every hour or so today since ca. 4:00am (that is 11 hours ago) and all the time, there were just 31 to 32 Users online, of which half were "Guests" without a specific location which means they are probably Crawler Bots - so, there are at any given time some 7 registered Users online and maybe just as many "guests".
A forum which has at most 7 active users is not worth the webhosting cost. So, there is the chance for NQ to cut some more costs (i.e. the 5 dollars or so per month for the forum hosting) ....

2 hours ago, joaocordeiro said:

Also, any one of us agreed to NQ moderation to be on this forum, so if you disagree you can remove you account from this private owned forum and use your freedom of speech in places not owned by NQ. 

Obviously this is the answer to everything... "shut up and leave" could be why this game has lost so many players, to many people taking advice like this... enjoy your graveyard. ☠️

Nah, I think I would rather stick around and use my freedom of speech to annoy the ever loving *quack* out of guys like yourself. ?

9 minutes ago, Creator said:

Obviously this is the answer to everything... "shut up and leave" could be why this game has lost so many players, to many people taking advice like this... enjoy your graveyard. ☠️

NO. 

YOU ARE WRONG. The terms of use of this forum were accepted by you when you joined. 

You should not have joined in the 1st place if you did not agree with the terms. You are at fault here for expecting what was written down as not expected. 

Also, i perfectly explained why i agree with the decision. Make sure to comment on those reasons too to have an enriched reply. 

I'm tired of the formally polite yet contentious. If I can't verbally abuse a private business it's tantamount to infringing on my right of expression...Tons of parallels to RL outside. Yeah let us slip in 40 different formulations of "they don't work" and "they don't think", and make a surprised pikachu face if the engagement leaves to be desired. I'd be them I'd also talk to y'all exclusively via distant and monolithic statements... Just take the wipe debate "we can not guarantee a technical issue wouldn't force of to wipe" becomes "wiping for balancing reasons isn't off the table"... I just know that at my own job, I meet a sophist of that kind he can sort his shit out by himself, still gonna clean after the clueless bastard anyway; I'm not going to invest additional effort to stroke their ego with attention, be it positive or negative. I mean has anybody thought how objectively awful a wipe would feel at the current state of the game. LOL everybody really convinced themselves, as if the wales weren't going to put several orders of magnitude between them and the others within a week, even in the current balancing.

There is like 60 users at the very maximum one's likely to read over here; 4/5th of them allways bitching. Yet they collectively delude themselves to think they have valuable input. Easily half of the suggestions that have been made recently are half baked and have more glaring issues than what NQ came up with. Visit the discord, the reddit, the ingame chat, none of them are such toxic cesspools.

Polls over here have a ridiculous sample size, and a glaringly bad demographic distribution. I'm not saying I didn't wish myself that interactions between  NQ were more of a two-way street. But to think what happens here is just that, is so absurd, it makes me doubt the mental faculties of anybody who believes it.

24 minutes ago, joaocordeiro said:

NO. 

YOU ARE WRONG. The terms of use of this forum were accepted by you when you joined. 

You should not have joined in the 1st place if you did not agree with the terms. You are at fault here for expecting what was written down as not expected. 

Also, i perfectly explained why i agree with the decision. Make sure to comment on those reasons too to have an enriched reply. 

Getting all capsy on me, eh?... ? there is a difference between moderation because someone is breaking the rules, and stealth censorship by taking away features of communication without notifying the community. Go ahead though send me your ENRICHED all caps reply I am feeling spicy today. ?️?

Edited by Creator

2 minutes ago, Creator said:

stealth censorship

Are you not free to provide your "feedback"? 

What censorship are you talking about? 

They removed one typology of feedback. One often used to miss represent the opinion of players. 

We all know how to make a biased poll with only options that favor our objective. 

Just now, joaocordeiro said:

Nope, i have the Anti-BS position... And you full of BS. 

Interesting, coming from someone claiming "perfectly explained" responses... smells more like hypocrisy & arrogance to me.?

1 minute ago, joaocordeiro said:

Often the smell you feel is coming from your own mouth(specially while using covid masks) 

Touts the terms of use of the forums, and violates them by getting political... you just validated my previous statement.

Now one question for you sir, have you renewed your expired auto-warranty? ?

4 minutes ago, Creator said:

Touts the terms of use of the forums, and violates them by getting political... you just validated my previous statement.

Now one question for you sir, have you renewed your expired auto-warranty? ?

And what did you do when you asked me if i was a forum cop? Was it not a personal attack? Was it a argument about the subject of the topic? 

So dont do personal attacks to others and you may not get replied the same way... 

Its not censorship, because they allow any player to express their concerns. Just not in the format of limited option polls that you then trow at NQ as proff they dont hear you.. 

Just now, joaocordeiro said:

And what did you do when you asked me if i was a forum cop? Was it not a personal attack? Was it a argument about the subject of the topic? 

I was humoroursly pointing to your behavior of trying to police the forums like you have some self appointed position of importance, and using your self perceived importance to take aim at others about them being "WRONG".

Anyways I tried to defuse this with some humor, and that didn't work so I can't help you. 

P.S. I think your social security number has expired... I heard Microsoft tech support can help with that. ?

2 minutes ago, Creator said:

I was humoroursly pointing to your behavior

That answer is also valid for me. 

I was also humorously pointing to your behavior. 

Now that we all humored each other, do you understand that removing one form of feedback is not censorship as long as another form, one more complete and detailed is available?