The UI for the mining unit calibration

Kelmoir

Well, Among other things, that I got my issues with, the UI is the outstanding thing.
Why? Because it makes a difference, if you get a 95% calibration, or a 100% calibration, but the bar on the left won't show you. 
image.thumb.png.0e186707f2c34a257d6944b4ddade7d3.png

From this you can't tell, what you will get. Plus, even if that bar would give you a precise number, it would be tedious to find the 100% spot (which was found, meaning I should be able to claim it easily).

Thus, I suggest, that either the 'SET FINAL CALIBRATION POINT' (and the UI is even yelling at the player, allthough it is a button, after all) Will display you the best spot that you already discovered.

Or it should use a small circle from which it picks the maximum.

30 minutes ago, Kelmoir said:

Well, Among other things, that I got my issues with, the UI is the outstanding thing.
Why? Because it makes a difference, if you get a 95% calibration, or a 100% calibration, but the bar on the left won't show you. 
image.thumb.png.0e186707f2c34a257d6944b4ddade7d3.png

From this you can't tell, what you will get. Plus, even if that bar would give you a precise number, it would be tedious to find the 100% spot (which was found, meaning I should be able to claim it easily).

Thus, I suggest, that either the 'SET FINAL CALIBRATION POINT' (and the UI is even yelling at the player, allthough it is a button, after all) Will display you the best spot that you already discovered.

Or it should use a small circle from which it picks the maximum.

Yeah from what I can tell with the tile scan for the hex the mini game is looking for like 1 specific pixel for 100% chance of getting some kind of random amount of ore.

Even when I get 100% it still has like a random average of how much ore is spawns from 4-5kl worth of rocks and the spread makes no sense unless its based on the nodes generated in the scan and what it has in the 2D node playing a role in what is spawned.

I've been wondering if the difference between hitting 100% or something lower was random, or a matter of hitting the pixel at the exact center of that white dot.

When you've found a 100% concentration i don't see any reason why you should be getting a lower result at the end of the game.

When you're calibrating units that are mining T1 it doesn't really matter, but if i was losing liters of T5 i would be pretty annoyed.

I would love to hear from NQ on this topic.

Does the final result of the mini game depend on clicking in the exact center of the white dot, or is it a totally random chance at somewhere between 95-100%?

If i can "win" the mini game with skill/strategy, then i would like to know how.  If it's random then i would like to stop wasting my time trying for 100%.

Honestly I dont see how territory scanners and tile scan results are the same thing as the mini game that if you could use the tile scan results should tell you where the nodes are without playing their guessing game or needing the charges in general since you should know where the ore is through territory scanning and click the biggest node it shows and press start.

2 hours ago, Haunty said:

Using the intersection of two peak lines can help you get the 100% mark more often

Screenshot 2021-12-11 121256.jpg

I'm just talking about situations where i've already fully revealed the 100% spot.  So when i hover over it, i can see a 100% on the bar on the left.  But when i click to set the final point, i end up with a lower result.

It does seem like centering the circle perfectly before you set the final point matters, but no matter how carefully i set it, i still get a lower result sometimes.

I just want to know if the lower results are because i'm not centering the circle perfectly, or if in some mini games it's just not possible to get a 100% result, no matter how perfectly you play the game.

I can handle not winning every time, but it's really annoying to think you've won, only to get a slightly lower result.

23 minutes ago, Atmosph3rik said:

I'm just talking about situations where i've already fully revealed the 100% spot.  So when i hover over it, i can see a 100% on the bar on the left.  But when i click to set the final point, i end up with a lower result.

It does seem like centering the circle perfectly before you set the final point matters, but no matter how carefully i set it, i still get a lower result sometimes.

I just want to know if the lower results are because i'm not centering the circle perfectly, or if in some mini games it's just not possible to get a 100% result, no matter how perfectly you play the game.

I can handle not winning every time, but it's really annoying to think you've won, only to get a slightly lower result.

Yeah we have been having the same issue with our mining opperation.

Its like 9/10 times you can set the circle perfectly and still it does not give a perfect result even if it says it does. 

Its like the detector bar on the left is set wrong or if it says its 100% it seems like the pixel it really wants is somewhere next to it even if the detector says its not the case.

It also seems like it has something to do with the efficiency as well in some way like having too much overkill or under has a role to play with the 100% chance of winning with 100% as the offset to create more randomness.

1 hour ago, Atmosph3rik said:

I'm just talking about situations where i've already fully revealed the 100% spot.

That's what I mean, after revealing the hot spot, use the peak tool intersection to find where to do the final calibration

1 hour ago, Haunty said:

That's what I mean, after revealing the hot spot, use the peak tool intersection to find where to do the final calibration

Ok i see what you mean.  The intersection wasn't even in the center of the white dot, it was slightly off to the side, but clicking on the intersection gave me a 100%.

That's definitely helpful.

But the bar on the right is very misleading.  Seeing a 100% over there, and then getting a 95% when you click makes no sense.