Can we just have the wipe now?

FryingDoom

Given that its pretty much a certainty that there will be some form of wipe before the Launch, can we just have it now?
Hopefully we keep our Skill points and BPs but honestly it is a real downer on game play, knowing there is probably no point to mining or building or setting up territories or doing much else.

I just want to be put out of my misery and get it over and done with then maybe NQ can follow this:

Q: Was the wipe at the start of Beta the final wipe?

A: There are no currently planned wipes of Dual Universe, however, NQ retains the right and ability to do so for balance, technical or gameplay reasons, NQ will attempt to mitigate these effects through plenty of forewarning and various dev means so that players are quickly back on their feet. The only case of a wipe will be if NQ sees no other option.

3 hours ago, TheNewMe said:

There is too much still to come which may potentially be grounds fo a wipe to do so now.. 

I'd expect NQ wants to do one more wipe and hwile Demeter woudl hav ebeen a good moment to do so, it is likelyy they deemed it too early

exactly, yes for wipe, but not at its current state, its just not worth it. We'll have another dozen exploits and game breaking bugs, so there is no use in wiping now. Its completely fine if its just before the "release"

23 minutes ago, CptLoRes said:

This is just history repeating itself. There is no reason to believe "release" will be any different then the supposedly last wipe we had just before the "beta" soft-release.

It also (likely) will be spiced up with some last moment knee jerk "changes" in balance/starting conditions as NQ tradition goes. 

I doubt they will wipe right now, they want to wait and let the scavengers loot all the abandoned tiles. They are going to find though that the scavenging will not clean things up, people will just be looting the valuables as deconstructing L-Core structures are just as time consuming as building them almost.

I think there is a good chance of a wipe in spring of 2022 though, all of this depends on how much these abandon constructs impact server cost and NQ's bottom line. They might also wipe if they believe it will bring subscribers back into the game if enough of us "bitter vets" have already left after fatiguing from baby sitting our mining units.

I don't believe most of the changes that we saw in dementor really had anything to do with the best interest of the player base, as much trimming fat for server budget. I am also curious the impact of how size dynamic cores impact servers/latency etc. I can't help but feel that part of increase in grind/slowness is meant to reduce the number of L-Core dynamics flying around, either by making it cost prohibitive, or less people having the resources to have them after a wipe.

I would be interested to see a wipe at this point, just to rip the band-aid off. If things went seriously sideways due to imbalances, progression gates, I would rather figure this out now vs. at launch which would surely kill this game. 

We are 100% going to have a wipe before launch.

Edited by Creator