Sanctuary Ore Re-Balancing

Creator

Dear NQ,

Wanted to thank you for balancing the tiles so there is at least 100L of each mineral on Sanctuary tiles. I know everyone thinks I am angry and just ranting all the time, which honestly has been pretty true since Dementor as there is a lot of devastating change.

That said, this is a really good step in the right direction for builders casuals who just want to manage one tile, login ever few days and spend most of their time building as they can get the base ore they need to make basic things without having to have multiple tiles or worry about tile taxes, or trading at a loss to swap for other T1 ore.

Respectfully,

Creator

6 hours ago, Creator said:

Wanted to thank you for balancing the tiles so there is at least 100L of each mineral on Sanctuary tiles.

I would thak NQ if I could mine the new amounts. Example: Before the patch I had 70 L/h quartz. Now the scan shows 115 L/h but the base rate is still 70 L/h.

So what is a new player supposed to do living on 12kl of ore a day, 84kl a week, or 336kl a month?

Or even if you have max charges and use all 208.6 more month making on average 4kl potentialy per game for 832kl total per month if you ace each game?

Its still 1,168,000L per month or 6 boxes of ore per month out of sanctuary.

This does not include inefficiently making scrap when you crash, fuel to put in your tank, selling the ore to get a base or mining opperation, and any kind of an ineffient industry that will chew up 6 boxes worth of ore like nothing else in addition to the schematics and getting a spaceworth ships, hauler, pocket bije, and scanning ship up and running. Sure there might not be taxes on the property but you still have to pay sales tax to buy/sell.

I dont know if this slow drip of time locked content is ideal vs the old system that had the same amount of ore you could mine in a week o two with no mining skill for like 10x this new system. Seeing as you are waiting for MUs, Charges, and non-respawning rocks and waiting to do nothing while your sub runs no wonder new player retention was bad before this and made much worse even with the mini milk bone they just gave new players. 

16 minutes ago, Warlander said:

I dont know if this slow drip of time locked content is ideal vs the old system

The new system is certainly better for going and doing things other than mining. Almost all my time in game has been spent mining so much so I was barley playing. Since this update I have been on for hours each day...Admittedly this has been scanning to try and find the ores I use as my base staples (T1 and T2) and then I buy everything else. I am also still taking down territories and putting new ones up elsewhere due to the changes this update is making not to mention the impending territory claim that is going to happen when the default taxes run out.

My only real concern is the taxes themselves and how much they will take from me to continue the flow of ore. I have not got anywhere near enough to upkeep all the territories I have but then again, I have not concentrated on just moving the ores for sale or manufacture and then sale after that. What I have done is travelled from several planets multiple times, where as before I was moving between two planets once in a while. So on the face of it this update is much better for game play. You could argue the game needs more gameplay but I am certainly doing more in game. 

7 minutes ago, ADCOne said:

The new system is certainly better for going and doing things other than mining. Almost all my time in game has been spent mining so much so I was barley playing. Since this update I have been on for hours each day...Admittedly this has been scanning to try and find the ores I use as my base staples (T1 and T2) and then I buy everything else. I am also still taking down territories and putting new ones up elsewhere due to the changes this update is making not to mention the impending territory claim that is going to happen when the default taxes run out.

My only real concern is the taxes themselves and how much they will take from me to continue the flow of ore. I have not got anywhere near enough to upkeep all the territories I have but then again, I have not concentrated on just moving the ores for sale or manufacture and then sale after that. What I have done is travelled from several planets multiple times, where as before I was moving between two planets once in a while. So on the face of it this update is much better for game play. You could argue the game needs more gameplay but I am certainly doing more in game. 

The way I see it your either chasing mining units and emptying the litterbox, Chasing asteroids, Chasing mini games, or Chasing missions and the real issue is not are all created equal in terms of gains. The mining side of things floods the market with ore, missions flood the game with Quanta and the taxes try to take it out. Its profitable now but long term sustainability is questionable. Now that prices of various ores are half of what they were pre-decimater. It still remains to be seen how viable mining ops will be in a couple months. If anything you are buying the ore but it does little or nothing unless you run missions to cut to the chase of getting the quanta for taxes because it has no ties to any other system and further waters down the value of quanta overall. The taxes somewhat address that but one run allows our 3 man crew to cover 21 tiles for a week vs selling the ore that further diminishes our profits from MUs.

1 hour ago, Warlander said:

The way I see it your either chasing mining units and emptying the litterbox, Chasing asteroids, Chasing mini games, or Chasing missions and the real issue is not are all created equal in terms of gains. The mining side of things floods the market with ore, missions flood the game with Quanta and the taxes try to take it out. Its profitable now but long term sustainability is questionable. Now that prices of various ores are half of what they were pre-decimater. It still remains to be seen how viable mining ops will be in a couple months. If anything you are buying the ore but it does little or nothing unless you run missions to cut to the chase of getting the quanta for taxes because it has no ties to any other system and further waters down the value of quanta overall. The taxes somewhat address that but one run allows our 3 man crew to cover 21 tiles for a week vs selling the ore that further diminishes our profits from MUs.

Sorry I should have been clearer in my points - I was mining for myself to allow production so and then sale, which allows me to buy ship parts and higher tier ores to make Honeycomb - So the cost of ore for me is not as big an issue as being able to get the ore to make things and thus sell these for quanta, that then allows me to make my ships - I hope to do one for each class (Currently constructing a medium ship).

I realise that deflation will eventually catch up with me too but the new mechanics really free me up to do more towards ship building. If their are problems for other player methods / perspectives, I think they need addressing in other ways, that do not involve bogging my play style down with forever mining.

To be clear I think this update is a step in the correct direction and other problems that are identified should be addressed with more correct steps instead of complaining about this one. Though I am still concerned about the flat 1,000,000 tax for every tile and every ore and its the same for a corp or a person. I think this last part is especially unfair considering from what I understand every member of a corp can put down their own MU on the same tile and basically split the tax among them - produce more ore for less tax (This is based on what I have gleaned from in game chat and posts here so it is not first hand and could be incorrect). Basically I think individuals should pay less and lower tier ores should also pay less since they are worth less (its also how it would work in the real world - people who earn more pay more).

Edit: People who pay more tax pay only slightly more tax - not equivalent to keep everyone down.

Edit continued: Also I think these taxes and ores that bots are buying should not disappear from the game but rather be used somewhere to make an economy that works. That way a balance can be struck, which seems to be the majority of complaints about the update.

Edited by ADCOne

19 minutes ago, ADCOne said:

Sorry I should have been clearer in my points - I was mining for myself to allow production so and then sale, which allows me to buy ship parts and higher tier ores to make Honeycomb - So the cost of ore for me is not as big an issue as being able to get the ore to make things and thus sell these for quanta, that then allows me to make my ships - I hope to do one for each class (Currently constructing a medium ship).

I realise that deflation will eventually catch up with me too but the new mechanics really free me up to do more towards ship building. If their are problems for other player methods / perspectives, I think they need addressing in other ways, that do not involve bogging my play style down with forever mining.

To be clear I think this update is a step in the correct direction and other problems that are identified should be addressed with more correct steps instead of complaining about this one. Though I am still concerned about the flat 1,000,000 tax for every tile and every ore and its the same for a corp or a person. I think this last part is especially unfair considering from what I understand every member of a corp can put down their own MU on the same tile and basically split the tax among them - produce more ore for less tax (This is based on what I have gleaned from in game chat and posts here so it is not first hand and could be incorrect). Basically I think individuals should pay less and lower tier ores should also pay less since they are worth less (its also how it would work in the real world - people who earn more pay more).

Yeah it does have potential to gain more ore for sure with the only cost being tax, gas, and travel time. If structured properly you can do a lot since you can hit like 27 tile joints with max container range and just a pocket bike to hit the container stops. 

Personally even though the old mining system was grindy the best part about it I though was you pretty much got out of it in time what you put into it with effort. Sure you had days of 4kl node after 4kl node but when you hit 200kl nodes or mil+ nodes it certainly made up for the shortfalls.

Personally I wish the mining unit system was more interactive as in if you pop a charge or just in general should be able to mine consistently since you could get 4kl about every 5 mins vs 10 times ever 1.5-2 days. I think in that regard if it were made more active or there was more to it than just a box, transfer unit, and the MU to increase production, speed things up, or have more efficiency it would be a good trade off for traditional mining. But getting much less than before to get steady ore I guess is the tradeoff and push for us to play other content that for me I find more tedious than traditional mining since asteroids are the same thing with a 1-2 hour road trip.

But hopefully they iron some things out like taxing the ore so if you are getting more you pay more since not all tiles are equal, not all ores are equal, and it hurts new players more than those who have more in their bank accounts getting the most from tiles who are the ones who need to be taxed the most.

I think over all demeter is just ok. It certainly needs some streamlining but we shall see.